Chinese people who already have the highest IQ in the world will be miles ahead after this project.

blueblood

China Is Engineering Genius Babies

At BGI Shenzhen, scientists have collected DNA samples from 2,000 of the world’s smartest people and are sequencing their entire genomes in an attempt to identify the alleles which determine human intelligence. Apparently they’re not far from finding them, and when they do, embryo screening will allow parents to pick their brightest zygote and potentially bump up every generation's intelligence by five to 15 IQ points.

http://www.vice.com/read/chinas-taking-over-the-world-with-a-massive-genetic-engineering-program

Sylex21

Lol, please don't pretend like this type of science is "around the corner". Nor is it likely that there even are "smart genes", because overall intelligence probably arises from a combination of billions of complex factors interacting and the balance would be changed if unpredictable ways with even one change.

in vitro fertilization costs $12,000 - $30,000 per attempt and only has a 33% success rate. This process even if one could get it to work, would be far more complex and expensive. The technology is also about as likely to happen anytime soon as "3D- Printing an individual's cloned organs after scanning them with an MRI", by which I mean, "is not going to happen anytime soon."

blueblood

Dude you are just jealous that your kids are/will be normal....

Me personally, I would go for the geekiest child possible because my genes are pretty much useless there. :rofl:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles