China proposes $15bn Indus dam scheme

satish007

And if stopping water is not wise, then arming a terror hungry state with nuclear infrastructure is unwise as well. So spare your lecture for your govt.
Spared my lecture already. they said it is fake news. base on the fact that china is suffering from severe drought after the new china dam created.
I posted the topic before, it was my first thread, few person care.sad
http://defenceforumindia.com/economic-development/22133-china-suffering-water-shortage.html

they eagerly need the most saint Tibet water to solve the issue.
so have started to doing this at Jun. 7.
中国正式启动大西线调水工程:要让大西北变江南_中华论坛_中华网论坛--网友影响中国--全国最大社区媒体
anyone can help to find an English version,thanks

so that both Indus and Ganges will become small streams. how can they disinvestment from Pakistan Dam?
This topic 's new is fake.

Those Chinese idiots, Both Indian and Pak will nuke them

Last edited:

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag

so that both Indus and Ganges will become small streams. how can they disinvestment from Pakistan Dam?

The Ganges does not originate in Tibet, you're probably confusing it with the Brahmaputra. (that's what your link mentioned)

Ganges originates in a glacier in the Indian state of Uttrakhand

Gangotri Glacier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indus and Brahmaputra, lifelines for Pakistan and Bangladesh respectively, originate in Tibet

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

I doubt they are going to build another dam the size of three gorges dam.The Chinese won't 15 billion in Pakistan with no returns they (Pakistan)are collapsing as a state and these investments will give no returns

satish007

The Ganges does not originate in Tibet, you're probably confusing it with the Brahmaputra. (that's what your link mentioned)

Ganges originates in a glacier in the Indian state of Uttrakhand

Gangotri Glacier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indus and Brahmaputra, lifelines for Pakistan and Bangladesh respectively, originate in Tibet
Thanks , that's make sense. I was brainwashed by they, they actually know that. so water diversion from tibet to east china is true. and Pak is friend,China can compensate, Bangladesh has not nuke.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Does GoI have the balls to stand up to China?
well someone said they saw two pills beginning to grow - i cant remember what the issue was , but apparently MMS stood his ground on some issue recently - so to answer your question - YES there's hope .

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Thanks , that's make sense. I was brainwashed by they, they actually know that. so water diversion from tibet to east china is true. and Pak is friend,China can compensate, Bangladesh has not nuke.
cant figure out if youre indian or chinese - your pic is indian your quality of english is chinese !

anyway pak is china's friend - yes and gonna prove to be a very expensive one too - i think pak is gonna turn out to be china's vietnam and they will have to jettison it at some point - just as the ussr pullled out of afghanistan - just you wait and see - uncle sam is gonna make china pay for that "friendship "

aramsogo

Spared my lecture already. they said it is fake news. base on the fact that china is suffering from severe drought after the new china dam created.
I posted the topic before, it was my first thread, few person care.sad
http://defenceforumindia.com/economic-development/22133-china-suffering-water-shortage.html

You can try, but China is a good 20 years ahead of India in Thermonuclear weapons, Nuke Delivery Systems and ABM defences.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You can try, but China is a good 20 years ahead of India in Thermonuclear weapons, Nuke Delivery Systems and ABM defences.
Are you saying that hypothetically Indian wouldn't be able to drop a nuke on china today ?

yes or no.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I think you mean France is a good 20 years ahead of China. PLAN SSBNs are non-operational, PLA warheads are still megatonne size with no MIRVs nor are there nuclear tipped missiles for PLAAF. China has no ABM defences.

Tianshan

Are you saying that hypothetically Indian wouldn't be able to drop a nuke on china today ?

yes or no.
yes you can, but geography and thermonuclear helps us.

China big cities in eastern province, require highest range India missile. for other way round, we only reuire low range missile.

nuclear should be last resort.

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
China big cities in eastern province, require highest range India missile.
thats why we are developing agni 5. even if i drop a small 30-50 kiloton yield nuke, then whole china will be in chaos... remember, the nukes that were dropped on japan were only less than 20 kiloton yield.. what i am trying to say is, a nuke is a nuke... there is no comparison like who's nuke is taller, who's nuke is bigger, who's nuke is longer...

Last edited:

Tianshan

thats why we are developing agni 5. even if i drop a small 30-50 kiloton yield nuke, then whold china will be in chaos... remember, the nukes that were dropped on japan were only less than 20 kiloton yield.. what i am trying to say is, a nuke is nuke... there is no comparison like who's nuke is taller, who's nuke is bigger, who's nuke is longer...
you are correct, even hiroshima size nuke is very bad. but still require several bombs to destroy big cities.

so more high range missile are need,

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
you are correct, even hiroshima size nuke is very bad. but still require several bombs to destroy big cities.

so more high range missile are need,
it is not the nuclear explosion or mushroom cloud that kills you, it is the after effects of nuclear explosion that creates incalculable damages. the radiation from ground zero will travel hundreds of miles in no time and kill every living things in its way... also, where ever the wind carries the dust particles, catastrophe follows... water system will be badly damaged. there is also always chances of so called nuclear winter. etc etc etc....

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I am speaking hypothetically and not an exponent of the Nuclear Lobby.

If one wipes out a complete city, then there will be none to tell the tale, nor cause a huge administrative load on the targeted country's medical and social services and it will only have a political fall out.

It maybe wiser to have partial destruction and people alive to tell the miseries as also overburden the social and medical services.

That is how wars are fought and memories left behind so that none thinks again of going to war!

Japan continues to be a pacifist nation.

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
No Nuclear topic on this thread please (including me) :D tee hee

p2prada

The dam would be a good idea for Pakistan. At least they won't cry hoarse and blame India for every drought and flood they have.

Is China funding this on a loan or aid?

anoop_mig25

Country flag
where are they going to construct this dam in china or in PoK.What would be its effect on rivers flowing through state of Jammu and kashmir and other rivers which are tributaries of indus river flowing through india/pakistan

anoop_mig25

Country flag
well whether they fund it through loan or aid they know pakistan wont be able to repay it

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
It seems like developing countries are adamant about repeating the mistakes of developed countries.

Its a known fact that large and small dams have had a catastrophic effect of the environment, fisheries, and tons of unintended consequences. In California, dams has virtually wiped out some of the worlds largest Salmon runs.

But in China - the government is so powerful that no popular movement let alone peasant farmers can stop a major project.
I guarantee you they will not learn from their mistakes. Anytime you screw with Mother Nature in a big way - Mother Nature will screw you over 10 times harder.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles