Battle heats up for a share of the defence pie

Discussion in 'Defence & Strategic Issues' started by ladder, Aug 5, 2014.

  1. ladder

    ladder Senior Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2013
    Messages:
    4,751
    Likes Received:
    2,666
    Location:
    India
  2.  
  3. cobra commando

    cobra commando Tharki regiment Veteran Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2009
    Messages:
    10,493
    Likes Received:
    11,653
    Location:
    Oblivion
  4. Jagdish58

    Jagdish58 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2014
    Messages:
    759
    Likes Received:
    571
    Location:
    Bangalore
    Unless FICV or replacement of Avro aricraft is not signed & start manufacturing nothing can be said or done:thumb:
     
  5. zain8500

    zain8500 Regular Member

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2014
    Messages:
    13
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Rawalpindi
    India has already enough weapons for battle.
     
  6. Ray

    Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2009
    Messages:
    43,118
    Likes Received:
    23,543
    Location:
    Somewhere
    Which battle?
     
  7. cobra commando

    cobra commando Tharki regiment Veteran Member Senior Member

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2009
    Messages:
    10,493
    Likes Received:
    11,653
    Location:
    Oblivion
    Rs 25,000 crore Navy tender only for private sector: Defence Ministry

    NEW DELHI: Seeking to build capabilities of Indian private sector warship builders, the Defence Ministry has rejected the plea of a state- owned shipyard to participate in the Rs 25,000 crore project to construct four amphibious warfare vessels for the Indian Navy. The Defence Ministry has decided that only private sector shipyards, including Pipavav, ABG and L and T, along with their foreign partners, would be allowed to take part in the Rs 25,000 crore project for building the four Landing Platform Docks, Navy sources told PTI here. The Navy had issued tenders to these three private shipyards last year and decided to keep out Cochin Shipyard Limited (CSL), saying it was building the 40,000- tonne Indigenous Aircraft Carrier and it should focus on that major project only for the moment. However, CSL approached former Defence Minister A K Antony through the Ministry of Shipping and the deal was put on hold to consider whether the tender should be retracted or CSL could also be issued the tender and a committee under an Additional Secretary was formed to look into the matter. The committee report was presented before the last Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) of the UPA government in February but it was decided that it would be kept on hold. The new government decided to continue the tender in its original form and CSL will now not take part in it, the sources said, adding that the government wants to strengthen the capabilities of the private sector defence industry.


    Read more:
    Rs 25,000 crore Navy tender only for private sector: Defence Ministry - The Economic Times
     
    sesha_maruthi27 and ladder like this.

Share This Page