Are you a Vegetarian?

Are You a Vegetarian?

• Total voters

Poseidon

Country flag
It actually surprised me that someone hasn't already started this thread, as it could be an interesting way to meet fellow non-carnivore and carnivore friends alike.

Post how long you have been vegetarian as well as what made you go that direction. I'll start. It's been since October/November 2007 for me, for health reasons.

Of course, it soon became both an emotional conscience and health matter. I'm concerned with the well-being of creatures and the chemicals and hormones used in farmed animal feeds.

S.A.T.A

Been a vegetarian all my life,except on those unavoidable occasions where you are at somebody's birthday party and there is no way you can avoid partaking the cake,the usual trick is to take a slice of the cream topping and then pray it didn't have any egg in it.

Galaxy

Country flag
I am Veg mostly but sometime once/twice in a month in rare occasion i do eat Non-veg.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Omnivorous. Veggies for lunch that's a given, dinner can be veg or non veg. Sundays are definitely non veg.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I am trying to follow Dr. Neal Barnard's book, Reversing Diabetes, which eliminates all sources on animal proteins.

Up to now, I never met a cheeseburger I didn't like.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am trying to follow Dr. Neal Barnard's book, Reversing Diabetes, which eliminates all sources on animal proteins.

even milk, cheese ?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
even milk, cheese ?
Dr. Barnard explains in his book that animal fat and animal proteins interfere with insulin getting into the body's cells, so that sugar metabolism is inhibited.

He recommends coconut milk in at least one of his books.

Rage

DFI TEAM

I am no doctor, however I can tell you with a fair degree of medical and physiological accuracy that a fitness regimen, and in particular strength training, can help manage blood glucose by making insulin action more efficient, specifically by breaking down glucose before cellular membranes. It also does so by using and enhancing the storage of blood glucose in muscle, thereby lowering abnormal blood glucose levels. Glucose is stored with water as "glycogen." This aspect may be particularly important as we age, and muscle mass has a tendency to decline.

Both weight training and cardiovascular exercise, but weight training in particular, are shown to help remedy, and possible even reverse, the onset of geriatric type II diabetes. A formal, regular exercise program is something you might want to consider.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
All this vegetarianism is turning hindus into cowards :tsk::tsk:
Eating habits and courage are unrelated.

You speak as if you're going into the wild, hunting down your goat with a chase, defending your kill from other predators, and then eating it raw. Like a mofing cheetah.

No. You're riding your 100cc motorcycle (or 800cc car) to the meat shop, buying your meat like people buy vegetables, cooking it at home like how vegetarians cook their subzi, and then eating on a table.

Splendid display of courage there.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I'm an omnivore. I eat anything that can be considered somewhat edible, with very few exceptions.

Param

All this vegetarianism is turning hindus into cowards :tsk::tsk:
Its not associated with courage but aggression.The vegetarian idea of not killing animals makes some people too kind hearted to be ruthless in battle.

Poseidon

Country flag
Its not associated with courage but aggression.The vegetarian idea of not killing animals makes some people too kind hearted to be ruthless in battle.
In India vegetarianism is mostly for spiritual reasons not all this animal pity shyt.So it doesn't affect aggression.I have reduced consumption for health reasons not for animal rights or religious reasons.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
There is some truth in it. I heard during NSG training raw blood is poured on the body of the trainee to harden their mentality.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nrj

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I can't buy that argument. When I buy or eat meat, the idea that I've killed an animal does not surface anywhere.

Just as it never crosses you that you're eating a dead plant. Something has to die, to feed us. We don't eat rocks unless some arsehole in the PDS added them to our dal or rice.

There is some truth in it. I heard during NSG training raw blood is poured on the body of the trainee to harden their mentality.
I can't see how that relates to eating habits. I know plenty of vegetarian doctors, surgeons, who come in contact with blood and human tissue on a daily basis. That doesn't affect their personalities in any way.

Again, why are you assuming vegetarians can't be active-aggressive? Adolf Hitler?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles