Afghan Pak skirmish at Chaman

SurgicalStrike

Pakistan on Friday lodged strong protest with the Afghanistan government after the Afghan border forces opened indiscriminate fire on the Frontier Corps soldiers deployed for the security of the census team near the Chaman border, which has resulted in the killing of at least 11 Pakistani citizens and injuries to over 40 people, including women and children.

The Afghan Charge d’Affairs was summoned to the Foreign Office in Islamabad to lodge strong protest over the unprovoked firing by the Afghan forces in Chaman area. According to a Foreign Office statement, the Afghan diplomat was conveyed that Pakistani authorities were undertaking the population census and this information had been shared with the Afghan government earlier.

The unprovoked firing from the Afghan side, not only led to the loss of precious lives and injured many, but has also disrupted the census in areas on the Pakistan side of the border and caused damage to properties. “We urge the Afghan government to take immediate steps to bring an end to the unprovoked firing from the Afghan side. Action should also be taken against those who are responsible for this violation,” the statement said.

Earlier, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement the confirmed cross-border firing and shelling. Deputy Commissioner Qaiser Khan said that all schools in the locale had been closed for an indefinite period. He advised residents to avoid going to the rooftops of their houses, following the incident. According to the ISPR, the exchange of fire between the two sides has now come to a stop.

The unprovoked firing by Afghan forces, with both light and heavy arms, began at 4AM, security officials said earlier. At the time, the Pakistani security forces effectively responded to the firing and shelling from the Afghan side. Large contingents of FC and Levies reached the area as soon as the vicinity came under heavy fire from across the border.

The Pakistan Army’s media wing said the Afghan border police have been creating hurdles since April 30 in the conduct of census in the divided villages of Killi Luqman and Killi Jahangir in Charnan area on Pakistani side of the border. “This was done despite the fact that Afghan authorities had been informed well in advance and coordination was carried out through diplomatic and military channels for conduct of census,” the ISPR said.

Chaman shares a border with the Afghan province of Kandahar and is home to a busy international border crossing between the two countries. The Chaman border crossing was closed following the incident. According to the ISPR, a hotline contact between Pakistan and Afghan Director General Military Operations was established later in the day.

During the conversation, Director General Military Operations (DGMO) of Pakistan Army Major General Sahir Shamshad Mirza condemned unprovoked firing on Pakistani villagers and security forces which caused casualties. He told his Afghan counterpart that the villages were divided i.e. situated on both the sides, but Pakistani forces and civilians were present on their own side of the border.

Maj General Mirza asked Afghan DGMO to keep its forces on its side of the border and defuse the situation. He said that the Pakistan Army would continue work on its side of the border. The Afghan Director General of Military Operations acknowledged that the border lies in between the villages. He agreed to take up the matter and issue necessary orders accordingly.

The ISPR said that a local commanders’ level border flag meeting took place, following the hotline contact. During the weekly media briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Nafees Zakaria voiced concerns over the firing by the Afghan forces at Chaman border, saying Pakistan has serious concerns over the incident. He said that Pakistan has the right to retaliate. A negative role by India was creating issues in Afghanistan, he pointed out.

After the firing, the injured were taken to the district hospital, where two critically injured persons were referred to Quetta, where emergency has been imposed at hospitals. The doctors and paramedics at the Bolan Medical Complex have been alerted, while additional staff was called for the Quetta Civil Hospital.

Moreover, the important routes in the areas have been closed, while the vehicles coming from the side of Quetta were stopped, the security officials said. The Quetta-Chaman road was blocked by the security forces at various locations following the incident. Even the 3G and 4G services were suspended in the area. Also, the gate between Pakistan and Afghanistan on the Chaman border was closed following incident.

“We were sleeping when we suddenly heard firing and blasts,” said Haji Ayub, a Pakistani villager from Killi Jahangir. “We immediately left our houses and came to Chaman bazaar,” he said. Abdul Mateen, a resident of Killi Luqman, said that the FC personnel were guarding the census staff in his village when the Afghan forces opened fire on them. “I lost a close relative in the attack,” he said.

In a statement, Kandahar governor’s spokesman Samim Khpalwak claimed that one Afghan civilian and three border police forces personnel were also wounded in the exchange of fire. The latest violence at the Pak-Afghan border has come days after visits of two high-profile Pakistani delegations to Afghanistan aimed at easing the tensions between the neighbouring states.

allahu akbar . I hope that this operation was carried out by Indian para SF by covering afghan army !!!

:india::balleballe::balleballe:

@HariPrasad-1 @Shashank Sharma @Kshatriya87 @dray @Screambowl @Bornubus @Prashant12 @Kunal Biswas @sthf @aditya10r @raja696 @raheel besharam @Mahakaal @tejas warrior @F-14B @IndianHawk @I am otm shank

Last edited:

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
The pakis keep cronning about chankiya neeti i belive thisa small dose of it now

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Kill Paki pigs....
They deserve no sympathy. The current Afghan govt would be more than glad to kill them...in fact as eager as us I presume.

Heat up the Afghan border and heat up the Indian side as well....

Interesting times ahead.

Brood Father

Country flag
We must take revenge but we should not celebrate death of pakistani soldiers. solider is a solider india or pakistan. Please show respect.
Ghanta respect to those excuse for soldiers who behead other soldiers
Ghanta respect for those who train Mujhaddin and send to India to kill our soldiers and innocent people
BC What they did to captain Saurabh kalia is unacceptable.
Pak army death should be celebrated and rejoiced

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
I agree but soldiers family feels the same pain on both sides of border. Lets not behave like animals. sometimes we have to do dirty work but soldier's death not to be celebrated.
Bhai rehane de. Problem with us is that we are too afraid to call spade a spade and do what is need to be done.
If they were civilians I would not be celebrating even if they were soldiers from any professional army which follows its democratic govt I would not be celebrating. But this is Napakistani army, they have special place in hell, I will celebrate.

Tarun Kumar

Pakistani army is a gone case. They even refused to accept bodies of SSG personel in Siachin conflict.Also I dont know how we will take revenge if they will simply deny their deaths. I mean u kill 100Paki soldiers but ISPR will say 5 killed and 50 Indian soldiers killed.Best is to destroy all their posts which give cover fire and push LOC westwards. Then our patrols will be secure

sthf

Country flag
Bhai jashn manana hai jaldi bolo kab ke pics hai? Ye operation ke pics hai ki purane wale hai?
Purani wali hain bhai. Nayi wali bhi aaj nahi toh kal aa jayengi.:bounce:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles