22413 Soldiers Martyred Since 1947

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by mikhail, Mar 15, 2013.

1. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

can any senior member shed some light in this matter!i mean is the figure of our martyred soldiers include the casualties suffered by the Indian Army in all the wars since independence?:confused:

shom likes this.
  3. SilentKiller

SilentKiller Regular Member

12-16k brave we in wars of 47, 62, 65, 71 and 99. some were lost in Srilankan campaign and rest might have given their life in counter terror activities in Punjab, J&K and northeast states. So i believe this number is correct...
    anyways, more experience guys can provide better comments.

Thanks!!

mikhail likes this.
  4. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

When the Army Chief has said it, what will the seniors here say except respects and salutes to te martyrs and that the nation owes gratitude to them for their sacrifice. I wish we could do a lot more than just words. Majority of the martyrs have been failed by this nation by means of what happens to their families after they made te supreme sacrifice. We don't even have a memorial in their honor yet.

5. mikhail

i beg to differ sir, as our GOI(i believe it was Mrs.Gandhi) has already made a memorial called "Amar Jawan Jyoti" under the India Gate and every year during the Republic day our P.M.,DM and the chiefs of the Indian Armed Forces visit this memorial to pay respect to the souls of the martyrs!anyways my utmost respect to the martyrs of the Motherland:salute:!

6. Yusuf

Idnia gate made by British. We need a monument made by Indians for post independence martyrs.

Keshav Murali and mikhail like this.
  7. mikhail

but sir i am talking about the "Amar Jawan Jyoti" which was built by our late P.M. Mrs.Indira Gandhi and which stand under the arch structure of India Gate..

8. Yusuf

We need a fitting monument. There is a thread on it over here on the topic.

Keshav Murali and mikhail like this.
  9. HEILTAMIL

HEILTAMIL Regular Member

just monuments or words from leaders are not just enough, soldiers are our nations pride, source of national integrity and our only source to rise nationalism,state should make it compulsory to play small documentaries about soldiers and their sacrifices before every show in every cinema theatres and TV channels in India, it is the need of the hour
    to wake up the people wanking on bollywood

10. Vishwarupa

Vishwarupa Senior Member Senior Member

Also there should be quota for Defense personal at the political level also. Like woman quote there should be some percentage allotted exclusive for those who have served in Defense services.

11. Jagdish

Jagdish Regular Member

Did the families of 22,413 bravehearts received proper compensation as per the rules or many are fighting cases for their right?

12. mikhail

mate this is India,here nobody except a few like us care for our martyrs.people here rather care for Bollywood superstars and the politicians are even worse,they always try to make out the most by making political issues on the martyr soldiers.so i won't be surprised if i come to know that most of these martyrs's families haven't received optimum compensations as that mean nothing to most of us Indians:sad:.

13. Jagdish

Jagdish Regular Member

You are right then we cannot call people traitors who become double agents:tsk: politics & poblicity stunt are two curse upon India which has no cure:mad:

I wish General V.K.Singh had carried out a coup & sent all these Orangatans to Tihar Jail

A soldier is bigger than President or PM or any bollywood tarzan , which is universal truth that no one can change

Politics on brave martyr reminds me of Great Sir Unnikrishnan episode
    Kerala CM insults slain Major's dad - Times Of India

There was no rally against Kerala CM , nor the protest . But if some Popcorn is not allowed in USA airport people protest & if a drunken monkey goes to jail in the case of poaching black buck people protest , Kya duniya hai yaar:thumb::frusty::facepalm:

JBH22 and mikhail like this.
  14. BangersAndMash

BangersAndMash Regular Member

22,413 Indian Jawans have been immortalised and their ultimate sacrifice will be remembered throughout history. My humble salute to the brave hearts. :salute:

mikhail and Keshav Murali like this.
  15. mikhail

actually the number has risen in the past few months due to the cowardly attacks by our beloved western neighbor.i think the number of martyrs as of today is somewhere around 22,440.that means we have lost around 30 bravehearts in the past 3-4 months.shame on us as we couldn't even avenge their sacrifices:mad:!

16. Poseidon

Poseidon Regular Member

Not a very high number in the same period US lost 47400 soldiers in Vietnam and 40000+ in korean war as well as 6800 in Afg and Iraq.

Singh likes this.
  17. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

More American and British soldiers have died of Suicide than have been killed in combat in Afghanistan.

===
    Does this figures also include fratricides, and suicides ?

18. Poseidon

Poseidon Regular Member

No.
    It only includes KIA,WIA who did of injuries later,MIA declared dead or presumed,dead POW's.

It also includes only army fatalities and not from IAF,IN and ICG.

Singh likes this.