DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
DRDO successfully test fires K-15 SLBM

Great news guys. K-15 test fired from a pontoon successfully :D !

===

BALASORE: After many postponements, the DRDO finally test-fired the most sophisticated submarine-launched ballistic missile (SLBM), code named K-15. The weapon system was reportedly tested from an underwater launching platform off� Visakhapatnam coast on Sunday.
Sources said the missile was launched from a Pontoon (replica of a submarine) positioned nearly 20 feet deep in the Bay of Bengal and 10 km off the AP coast. The DRDO has scheduled the second test for March 14.
Sources confirmed that the test was successful and the missile travelled nearly 700 km before zeroing in on the target. The missile test was earlier deferred on several occasions. "A rectified system was put into trial, this time, which delivered the desired results," he said, adding that the final evaluation from the warships (makeshift control room) stationed in the sea is awaited. �
Developed by DRDO, K-15 can carry a conventional payload of about 500 kg and be fitted with tactical nuclear warhead.
This missile is an advanced clone of Naval version of Prithvi and designed to be exclusively launched from a submarine. Close to the Tomahawk missile of the US, it is India's answer to Pakistan's Babur missile. Though the DRDO has unveiled its land variant - Shourya, it has been denying the test of K-15 or B-05 since beginning.� "We tested a scientific concept which is under development. We are evaluating its parameters," Programme director A K Chakrabarti said.

K-15 test fired - South India - Orissa - ibnlive

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Congratulations to DRDO, this news is messed up, this missile is like Shaurya a quasi ballistic missile

Country flag
Great news, I have a feeling the K missile SLBM's will go thru many changes until they arrive
at their longer range MIRV'd version. 12 K-15's with 8 MIRV each are planned for Arihants.
To go from K-4 to K-15 this fast is impressive. Many nations(china) have spent decades in
advancing their SLBM's.

Last edited:

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
all credits goes to Vikram Sarabhai and Dr Abdul kalam. these 2 person are responsible for building a rock solid foundation in rocket technology.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
congrats to all, btw how far 10 tons missile will go ? It also appears to have two versions of the missile. Best of luck for next launch.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
just checked brahmos with 3000kg weight, 300 kg warhead goes 300 km, while k15, with 10,000 kg & 300 kg warhead, goes 700km, also keep in mind underwater booster and cold launch motor for brahmos.
It appears it can easily go 1000+km.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Great news, I have a feeling the K missile SLBM's will go thru many changes until they arrive
at their longer range MIRV'd version. 12 K-15's with 8 MIRV each are planned for Arihants.
To go from K-4 to K-15 this fast is impressive. Many nations(china) have spent decades in
advancing their SLBM's.

K-15 is not the advanced version. K-4 is.

prahladh

Respected Member
2012 will be great for DRDO. Congrats. I wish they release the video.

Pokemon

just checked brahmos with 3000kg weight, 300 kg warhead goes 300 km, while k15, with 10,000 kg & 300 kg warhead, goes 700km, also keep in mind underwater booster and cold launch motor for brahmos.
It appears it can easily go 1000+km.
Yes, with a payload of 200 kg it can go upto 2000 kms.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I guess we all missed this line, can some one explain what this suppose to mean

"We tested a scientific concept which is under development. We are evaluating its parameters," Programme director A K Chakrabarti said.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I guess we all missed this line, can some one explain what this suppose to mean
all missile test are to evaluate its parameters. scientific concept must have meant that k15 is fired in cruise missile mode. But they might be :stirpot: some thing new.

rahulrds1

3-day meet to focus on DRDO functioning
source : 3-day meet to focus on DRDO functioning (The Pioneer : Home)

Measures to improve the functioning of Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) and allow it concentrate on strategic projects like missiles, network-centric and satellite-based weapon platforms will figure prominently during the three-day conference of DRDO starting here on Monday.

Defence Minister AK Antony will inaugurate the 36th DRDO Directors' Conference and the theme of this year's conference is "Self-Reliance Strategy in Globalised World". Top brass including Directors of Laboratories, Programme Directors, Corporate and Technical Directors of DRDO Headquarters and Chief Controllers will deliberate on various issues during the three-day event.

Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Defence, Satpal Maharaj, National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon, Navy chief Admiral Nirmal Verma and Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma will attend the inaugural session.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Quality of Manpower in DRDO and other Indian Defence Organizations

Thats for you Mr Ace009

GK, Im sure those people there earned their stripes. But you make a very relevant point about the thieves that run away after receiving a high class degree in our premier institutions.
Look at all those faces,does any of it shine with confidence or exposure? All dull dim witted people of diploma college,i cant stand them.They dont shave their arm pits and if i stand next to them in the elevator they smell. I sick and tired of waiting,i statred following this shit when i was 17yrs old in BR and now i am 30yrs old.What should i do,how long more should i wait? :hair:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
IIT geeks.. Has some quality to their face.

Polytechnic college students. Where are we getting our stuff from?

Global Defence

Articles