Silent sub: Russian noiseless Borei class

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Nuclear submarine
"Vladimir Monomakh"
completes Phase 1 state
trials

New generation Borei class ballistic missiles nuclear- powered submarine "Vladimir Monomakh" has completed the first phase of the state tests, Severodvinsk based shipbuilder Sevmash said. The sea trials included the vessel's systems tests and conformance to her technical specifications. "Ship's trials passed normally. Despite the large number of automation implemented on board the submarine all system have worked in strict accordance with a predetermined program. The crew and commissioning team have successfully completed the first phase of state trials and are ready for further work in the sea," said Sevmash general director Mikhail Budnichenko. The Vladimir Monomakh is the third serial Borey class ballistic missiles submarine of project 955. The ship was designed by the Rubin Marine Equipment Design Bureau. The keel was laid down on March 19 2006 at the Sevmash shipyard (part of the USC) and rolled out of the covered shipbuilding hall on December 30 2012. The crew of the submarine was formed in December 2009. The shipbuilder's sea trials started on September 12, 2013. The submarine will be armed with 16 Bulava submarine-launched ballistic missiles.
Nuclear submarine "Vladimir Monomakh" completes Phase 1 state trials

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Russia to Lay Down New Borey Class Nuclear Sub in December

[highlight]Submarine Knyaz Suvorov © Photo: Photo: Press Servise of "Sevmash"[/highlight]

MOSCOW, September 19 (RIA Novosti) - The construction of a new Borey class nuclear-powered ballistic-missile submarine is expected to begin in December, the Sevmash shipyard said Friday. "In December, if everything goes well, we will lay down one more submarine, the Knyaz Suvorov. It is another boat of the improved Borey-A class," Nikolay Semakov, a deputy department head at Sevmash told RIA Novosti. The Knyaz Suvorov will be the sixth out of eight Borey class vessels to form the backbone of the Russian Navy's strategic nuclear deterrent force after older boats are retired by 2018. Russia currently has two Borey- class boats in service - the Yury Dolgoruky and the Alexander Nevsky. The third submarine - the Vladimir Monomakh is expected to be commissioned in 2014. The Borey-class submarines are nuclear-powered ballistic missile subs intended to replace the Delta and Typhoon classes. They are 170 meters long and can accomodate a crew of 107. These subs are equipped with Bulava submarine-launched ballistic missiles. The lead vessel Yury Dolgoruky was laid down on November 2, 1996. In December 2010, the second Borei-class submarine, the Alexander Nevsky, entered service.
Russia to Lay Down New Borey Class Nuclear Sub in December | Military & Intelligence | RIA Novosti

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

Russian Borei-Class submarine Aleksandr Nevskiy in the arctic ocean, November 2014.

sgarg

The nuclear weapons is the biggest guarantor of Russian State. If Russia can take care of its nuclear forces, then the State will survive despite other unfavourable developments.

The SSBNs are very important to this strategy. A minimum fleet of 10 SSBN should be on patrol at all times.

Russian planners are correct to give due importance to SSBN fleet.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The nuclear weapons is the biggest guarantor of Russian State. If Russia can take care of its nuclear forces, then the State will survive despite other unfavourable developments.

The SSBNs are very important to this strategy. A minimum fleet of 10 SSBN should be on patrol at all times.

That's odd, our country, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and all non-nuclear countries continue to survive despite not being armed with nuclear weapons...

Maybe you should make changes to your statement in this wise:

The nuclear weapons is what's keeping alive the fantasy of the revival of the Russian Empire. If Russia can take care of its nuclear forces, then the fantasy will live on despite other unfavourable developments.

The Fox

why don't you ask your leaders how they bend and kiss American a$$ to survive in this world its not just nuclear weapons but the leaders should have balls too stand up to them

Having Nukes will certainly give you weight-age when the Americans or the Chinese Bully your country........... If not for Nukes India would have lost Arunachal Pradesh to china in the 80's itself and India would have been another Iraq or Afghan during the end of the cold war trust me Nukes provide you some protection but you need a Very strong Leader and not the MaMo kind leader.......

That's odd, our country, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and all non-nuclear countries continue to survive despite not being armed with nuclear weapons...

Maybe you should make changes to your statement in this wise:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
why don't you ask your leaders how they bend and kiss American a$$ to survive in this world its not just nuclear weapons but the leaders should have balls too stand up to them

Having Nukes will certainly give you weight-age when the Americans or the Chinese Bully your country........... If not for Nukes India would have lost Arunachal Pradesh to china in the 80's itself and India would have been another Iraq or Afghan during the end of the cold war trust me Nukes provide you some protection but you need a Very strong Leader and not the MaMo kind leader.......
I don't think you can call us "ass lickers." Anyway, do Vietnam, Brazil, South Africa, Venezuela, Iran, Cuba bend Uncle's ass? They all do not have nukes.

This reflexive "kiss Uncle's ass" tendency is starting to make me sick.

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag

No problem sir.

It is too easy. Don't vote for that MaMo's party in next elections.

Then we all can get a leader who may make much bigger mess in Indian defense.

Even bigger than last govt.

Happy now?

The Fox

See The "A$$ liking" comment was a figure of speech or let me put it diplomatically " Submissive Diplomacy" happy now.......

about the point of Vietnam, Brazil, South Africa, Venezuela, Iran, Cuba bend Uncle's ass?
well Vietnam had to fight a war to send out the Americans and Venezuela leaders were assassinated and their were lots of tries on Venezuelan presidents life Iran is about to become a de-facto nuclear state for which there are trade embargo and the USA is pissing in its pants thinking about what will happen to Iran and breaking their head regarding North Korea and Cuba need i have to tell you how many times USA tried to kill Castro and over throw him......... South Africa was ruled by whites till the 1990 and still indirectly they control the country from shadows so you do the math.........
I don't think you can call us "ass lickers." Anyway, do Vietnam, Brazil, South Africa, Venezuela, Iran, Cuba bend Uncle's ass? They all do not have nukes.

This reflexive "kiss Uncle's ass" tendency is starting to make me sick.

The Fox

You do know that MaMo means ManMohan Singh rite.......... and I firmly believe the countries defense has been seriously messed up by congress in the last 60 years of their rule

No problem sir.

It is too easy. Don't vote for that MaMo's party in next elections.

Then we all can get a leader who may make much bigger mess in Indian defense.

Even bigger than last govt.

Happy now?

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
See The "A$$ liking" comment was a figure of speech or let me put it diplomatically " Submissive Diplomacy" happy now.......

about the point of Vietnam, Brazil, South Africa, Venezuela, Iran, Cuba bend Uncle's ass?
well Vietnam had to fight a war to send out the Americans and Venezuela leaders were assassinated and their were lots of tries on Venezuelan presidents life Iran is about to become a de-facto nuclear state for which there are trade embargo and the USA is pissing in its pants thinking about what will happen to Iran and breaking their head regarding North Korea and Cuba need i have to tell you how many times USA tried to kill Castro and over throw him......... South Africa was ruled by whites till the 1990 and still indirectly they control the country from shadows so you do the math.........

And Vietnam fought its way against Uncle Sam without nukes right? How is that possible when according to you only nukes can protect your country?

So much for ass licking... :rolleyes:

jouni

I hope they got better luck than with "Kursk" r.i.p.

The Fox

I mean If they would have had nukes they wouldn't have fought the war that is like having "Beware of Dogs" sign.... and having a group of Rottweiler and a Pit-bull guarding your house....

and regarding fighting Uncle Sam Vietnam had the Support of Mother Russia (USSR) with them.... and take the case of India In 1971 war with Pakis the USA sent in its CBG from Pacific Fleet If not for Nuclear Armed Russian Subs and after they warned USA that if they bud in the conflict could escalate to nuclear war then USA backed off If USSR didn't do it and if USA did Intervene in a major way in the 1971 conflict with Pakis the Pakis would still be Raping the Bangladeshis and the Indians would have lost the war........... Nukes is always a "Deterrent to War" and not a solution to war........ If you don't have the Nuke deterrent take the case of Taiwan and Japan and Australia who are under the cover of USA (In case of Japan and Taiwan) and Nato (In case of Australia ) Nuclear Umbrella so tell me don't these countries "Lick the American A$$"
And Vietnam fought its way against Uncle Sam without nukes right? How is that possible when according to you only nukes can protect your country?

So much for ass licking... :rolleyes:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I mean If they would have had nukes they wouldn't have fought the war that is like having "Beware of Dogs" sign.... and having a group of Rottweiler and a Pit-bull guarding your house....

and regarding fighting Uncle Sam Vietnam had the Support of Mother Russia (USSR) with them.... and take the case of India In 1971 war with Pakis the USA sent in its CBG from Pacific Fleet If not for Nuclear Armed Russian Subs and after they warned USA that if they bud in the conflict could escalate to nuclear war then USA backed off If USSR didn't do it and if USA did Intervene in a major way in the 1971 conflict with Pakis the Pakis would still be Raping the Bangladeshis and the Indians would have lost the war........... Nukes is always a "Deterrent to War" and not a solution to war........ If you don't have the Nuke deterrent take the case of Taiwan and Japan and Australia who are under the cover of USA (In case of Japan and Taiwan) and Nato (In case of Australia ) Nuclear Umbrella so tell me don't these countries "Lick the American A$$"
The problems with nukes is proliferation to smaller countries. Unlike bigger countries, a lot of smaller countries are politically, economically and militarily unstable. Exh. "A" is Pakistan. Just imagine the prospect of Pakistan's nukes falling into the hands of jihadist groups that threaten to bring the World (India I heard is one of their favorite targets) into the Middle Ages.

In the hands of smaller unstable countries, I'm afraid nukes are really ticking time bombs of World wide catastrophe.

Zebra

Country flag
You do know that MaMo means ManMohan Singh rite.......... and I firmly believe the countries defense has been seriously messed up by congress in the last 60 years of their rule
I swear, I was not aware of MaMo = MMS. :p

:D

Global Defence

New threads

Articles