How to get recruited in R&AW?

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Well this is a most common question that most of the defence enthusiast post. So I am just creating this thread so that those who will in future post similar question can be merged here.

As they say, you don't approach them, rather they approach you and absorb you in the department.

But Officially, as a general placement , one has to be a government servant, be it both Class I(through Civil service) or Class II. They will see your background and place you in the wing. They also used to recruit graduates, directly from the Uni.

Other deputations are from military and police.

In a nutshell, to be honest, no one knows the criteria of recruitment perfectly. It is highly confidential and secretive.

Other members may post whatever in public domain is.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
As far as I know, most people are recruited from commando forces, defence forces and police forces. Some are even recruited from IAS officers we've got in the country. You don't just fit a criteria and apply for the job. Your commitment and loyalty and patriotism is observed and recorded first in these fields.

Then if they like you and can trust you, you are recruited.

I do not know if there are other ways.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Well this is a most common question that most of the defence enthusiast post. So I am just creating this thread so that those who will in future post similar question can be merged here.

As they say, you don't approach them, rather they approach you and absorb you in the department.

But Officially, as a general placement , one has to be a government servant, be it both Class I(through Civil service) or Class II. They will see your background and place you in the wing. They also used to recruit graduates, directly from the Uni.

Other deputations are from military and police.

In a nutshell, to be honest, no one knows the criteria of recruitment perfectly. It is highly confidential and secretive.

Other members may post whatever in public domain is.
The recruitment happens from Armed forces, Police and other agencies which come under Indian bureaucracy like foreign affairs etc...etc..., There are some exceptions though.

Apply
The Research and Analysis Wing doesn't have a website, so it’s harder to apply to become a spy for them. However, jobs advertised as Deputy Field Officer, Cabinet Secretariat, Government of India are thought to be recruiting for R&AW.

Otherwise entrance through the National Academy of Administration may be possible.
https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-join-Indias-intelligence-agency-RAW

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
You get recruited by an agency when you are a nobody, and by that I mean a person who has a very low or no social profile. You are neither tall, nor short, not too strong or weak, don't ask a lot of questions, not politically active, does a regular job and is neither too intelligent or foolish. That's when you become an agent. You are a nobody and can be anybody.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Vishalreddy3 Military Training and Recruitment Indian Army 47
SexyChineseLady PLA Recruitment Videos! China 16
A chauhan Recruitment of Civilians in Indian Army ? Indian Army 11
SexyChineseLady Chinese Navy Recruitment Video China 0

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles