Indian Army: News and Discussion

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
Cost of modification 6000rs
How is it possible
6000rupees goddamn but then all they have to add is some clamps to hold the atgms and a mount too but still 6000 is dirt cheap and in extream marshy terrains tractors would be better than many atvs (including polaris)
plus that bullet with rcl also looks quite functional but the problem is fpv drones gonna eat all of em alive

AnantS

Country flag
u need to look at the benefits tho

guy driving this thing will immediately get shot and wont have to suffer the embarrassment of driving it .
same would the scenarios for people driving ATV's. the arent armored as we know.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Move aside bitches Tactical tractor is here

View attachment 253148
IA front line soldiers has been coming up with these tractor mounted contraptions for some time.

there are two ways to look at this:
1) apply gyan, be judgemental
2) try to figure out what is the problem that "real end user" is trying to solve using these crude methods

in my view, IA is doing the right thing by encouraging the soldier to come up with solutions.

1715840503801.png

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
IA front line soldiers has been coming up with these tractor mounted contraptions for some time.

there are two ways to look at this:
1) apply gyan, be judgemental
2) try to figure out what is the problem that "real end user" is trying to solve using these crude methods

in my view, IA is doing the right thing by encouraging the soldier to come up with solutions.

View attachment 253156
I wasn't mocking them lol it was just funny "if it works it works"

AnantS

Country flag
true they are not armoured but look at how high he is sitting and much slower vehicle too.
Tractor is good for marshy fields. But I dislike Kugaad mentality. I mean how hard would have been to work with one of many small scale tractor companies in Punjab for better customized solution. Armored tractors are not rare. But fighting tractors like above are rare. An electric tractor for eg in above role would be much better than a racket producing diesel engine

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
I wasn't mocking them lol it was just funny "if it works it works"
true we had quite a good experience with rcls mounted on jeeps so atgm on tractor doesnt sound that bad plus tractors are highly favourable in marshy land like gujrat and all but with fpv and drone dropped grenades im kinda skeptical of its efficiency hopefully drdo comes up with a small jammer that can jam drone and be mounted on tanks and vehicles like the ruskies do it

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles