Worrisome rise of Chinese nationalism

masterofsea

It took me a while to finish reading what Ray has posted.
I guess Ray hasn't read a actual Chinese history textbook.

According to my memory, in the textbook, the Boxers are praised for their spirit of fighting against invaders, not the way they fight. On the contrary, at the end of the chapter, the textbooks point out that some Boxers' actions are radical, extreme and unwise. Their way of doing this should not be supported, but their spirit should be inherited.
Argument is meaningless for people have prejudice and don't read.

When i am a senior high student,I am not interested in histroy.But I do konw Chinese textbook alway told students to see the both side of one thing.So what nimo_cn told is true.

The nation spirit castrated professor's history must be failed when he is iin high school .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why should we say sth?

Or what do you want us to say?

A "history" book written by a chinese to entertain western has nothing to do with the current situation in china. If you tell any of this to a chinese who is trying to bring a middle class life to his family, he will definitely laugh his ass off. Most of these concepts or words in the book were gone since 1949, the rest disappeared after 1978.

Ray, as a old indian tried to explain chinese matters in indian or british way, you really amuse us, thanks! The problem is your history analysis is always under standard. Why, because you get the fact right but the reasons wrong.
I did not write the Chinese history books,

The Chinese did.

The commentary is by a Chinese professor. Obviously, if it was bogus, he would be in a re-education camp or a jail/ concentration camp.

Therefore, even if you laugh your ass sore, I can't help it. The Chinese Professor in no way could be an Indian or a Briton. He is a Han all the way and no Indian or a Briton looks or could pass off in mentality as a Han.

So, you amuse!

I just wanted to know the TRUTH. But then I do understand it is difficult for you to do or say anything beyond what the CCP tell you to state.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It took me a while to finish reading what Ray has posted.
I guess Ray hasn't read a actual Chinese history textbook.

According to my memory, in the textbook, the Boxers are praised for their spirit of fighting against invaders, not the way they fight. On the contrary, at the end of the chapter, the textbooks point out that some Boxers' actions are radical, extreme and unwise. Their way of doing this should not be supported, but their spirit should be inherited.

Before you judging the Boxers, i believe you should learn something about the background of this movement, you should know the horrible crimes these foreigners had commited to Chinese. Because of the unfair treaty which you suggest we should obey, the foreigners could kill innocent chinese, rob chinese property, rape chinese women without being punished by chinese law. There was not other option but to fight against them.

I wonder what you Indians would do when you face the similar situation, any suggestions?
Why don't you tell us.

That is why I posted the article by a CHINESE Professor. He is Chinese, right?

If he is wrong and he is got it all mixed up is what I want to know and learn!

The Chinese professor is SPECIFIC and you are GENERALISING and wailing.

Refute the Professor of China with facts and rebut his specifics is what I want to learn!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
all right, Mr lethalforce, since you hate China and its development so much, why don't you Indian to take the initiative, declare a war against China, don't hide behind big daddy, let's have a adjudgment day, the biggest dimocracy vs the biggest commie, wow, that must be the most exiting hollywood story, oh wait, I am sorry, I mean bollywood.
So sincerely, please start the campaign to move India to have war with China, since you are so ethusiasitc about the justice, why wait, take this holly task.
First of all, who is Big Daddy?

If you are not afraid of Big Daddy whoever that be, why don't you declare war?

Why shiver in your pants?

Why only talk?

Afraid of another Vietnam and more?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is ridiculous that some so called Indian "elites" thank the Britain unified India!Do they forgot they killed your people.After I saw Indian people show their gratitude to Brits again and again,I know India is hopeless nation and I got a little reassurance that India will not be our rival, ever and forever. You are the first country who thanks conquerers.
All invaders and colonialists kill and suppress.

However, it is because you do not understand the Indian mindset, you will not understand.

Since you have NO religion you will not understand the mental power that spiritualism generates in those who have religion.

Unlike China, where bloodshed and mayhem is required to change regimes and mindset, the power of India is in the spirit of 'ahimsa'. Mahatma Gandhi with his non violent message, forced the leading colonial power of those times, to quit!

He is an icon even today for the method of forcing a regime change by peaceful and non violent manner.

So is Mao a regime changer. But through bloodshed and rife and international disgust!

Two different manner!

The choice is yours!

Mao is remembered for bloodshed, brutality (Long March, Cultural Revolution and everything to most in this world as unnatural and anti civilised and the Mahatma for his peaceful non violent revolution for justice!)

Imagine how many died in the Cultural Revolution! Those who died were not Chinese? Were they all rogues and thugs? So many rogues and thugs in China? Is that what you want me to believe? That China is a country of rogues and thugs and cleansing has to be done?

Yet, both have contributed to history!

masterofsea

Why ask me?

Ask the CHINESE Professor whose article I appended.
Vladimir79 can glue a supercomputer with Xbox.People like you created an imaginary hostile China with copy and paste anti-China articles.People like you are fooling your fellow citizens so much so that Indian medias were spreading rumours that Chinese is attacking India last month.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Vladimir79 can glue a supercomputer with Xbox.People like you created an imaginary hostile China with copy and paste anti-China articles.People like you are fooling your fellow citizens so much so that Indian medias were spreading rumours that Chinese is attacking India last month.
You are a typical Chinese.

All talk.

Philosophy, wailing and whining and such utter tripe.

Refute your own Professor, please.

I am not quoting an Indian or a westerner.

What is all this about cut and paste?

He wrote a article. What do you expect me to do.

Tell me, smart man, how do I put it on a forum?

Planchette?

I am fooling no one.

I have met and interacted with Communist Chinese and their Army.

Please be good enough to refute what I have written and quit acting smart.

If you are a master of the sea, be master to refute what I or the Chinese Professor has written.

Truth hurts, right?

I agree!

Vladimir79

Professional
M8, you didn't invent a supercomputer, you used Western hardware and copied obsolete instruction sets. Chinese incursions into India are not lies and myths --- they happen and are increasing. It appears the world knows better than the brainwashed people of PROC what is going on there.

masterofsea

M8, you didn't invent a supercomputer, you used Western hardware and copied obsolete instruction sets.
According to your logic,You can't read and write!
You used Latin letters and connected them,then you call it your post!

Chinese incursions into India are not lies and myths --- they happen and are increasing. It appears the world knows better than the brainwashed people of PROC what is going on there.
I once said in this forum,some people are easy to be drived by media.
it seems your free medias did well in driving you.

Your high-class ruler controled media always tell your people" there are enemies outside there,we must stop our dispute about caste-system,children malnutrition and rural poverty."

so Indian people could united together instead of civil war.

If India's don't create a public enemy,civil war will break out.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
MOS,
Civil war in India? over what? Caste system has existed for thousands of years and bad as it may be, has never caused a civil war in India. Its better you worry about Xinjiang and Tibet than worry about india. You have got a rude awakening already.

masterofsea

MOS,
Civil war in India? over what? Caste system has existed for thousands of years and bad as it may be, has never caused a civil war in India. Its better you worry about Xinjiang and Tibet than worry about india. You have got a rude awakening already.
The civil war in India is not supposed by me.It's by your countryman,I once saw a video on Youtube.A surgery doctor/social activist said if you don't solve the rural poverty,you might be in a civil war.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Nihao nimo_cn,

1. Don't guess
2. Don't rely on memory alone.

Ray sir is a straight shooting (Nato equivalent) 1 star general (retd) of the Indian Army with an avid interest in China. It would be prudent if you would rebut his argument with facts, sources.
I am just telling my personal experience.
Do you expect me to post something that is written in English like Ray did?
No way, all the stuff i have is Chinese, can you read it , do you want to read it?
Of course no, you can just entertain youself with what Ray has posted.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Why don't you tell us.
You want me tell you what Indian should do? LOL, do not take my question too serious, by asking that question, i was just reminding you of what Indian did when they were facing the similar situation.

That is why I posted the article by a CHINESE Professor. He is Chinese, right?

If he is wrong and he is got it all mixed up is what I want to know and learn!

The Chinese professor is SPECIFIC and you are GENERALISING and wailing.

Refute the Professor of China with facts and rebut his specifics is what I want to learn!
Why do i need to refute him, before posting this article, you have already agree with him. This man had exactly the same mindset with you Indians, which is totally different from the mindset of the rest of Chinese. How can i rebute the GREAT MINDSET of Indian? Not to mention i dare not.

redragon

Country flag
First of all, who is Big Daddy?

If you are not afraid of Big Daddy whoever that be, why don't you declare war?

Why shiver in your pants?

Why only talk?

Afraid of another Vietnam and more?
In Lethalforce's post, he said the world(USA) will react, so we know who is big daddy here.
it was lethalforce to compare China with Iraq, not me, get your fact straight, can't believe you India can twist the fact like this even the fact just happen, maybe this is your biggest advantage after all, boasting, twisting and exagerating.
who is shivering in his pants? he declared USA will use excuses to "deal" with China like what it did to Iraq. I am asking him why not India does this for the higer noble purpose. Or maybe you can tell me, since China and it's communism ruling is so evil why India, the holly biggest democracy, not to stand out and take the initiative to terminate the evilness?
You are doing only talking, he started all this, why asking as you know nothing? don't pretend to be innocent that makes you look so fake
afraid of another 1962?

visso

I also happen to experience some "militery drill" when i get my enrollment in a college. It is just a month of militery parade training, let alone "having a chance to fire a rifle". great, some people with prejudiced minds will take this as an evidence that china is actually promoting nazi, therefore china is the threat to the whole world. But to my relief, today, in this world, no one can easily brainwash other people so easily as when the whole press of a hegemony country openly delared "they hate us because we are free" therefore, we have the god-given right to punish them by invading their coutry, and slaughter its people.

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
same applies for you to red dragon at least we are not supporting genocidal Noe fascist governments like you do in Africa and breeding lunatic nations like the DPRK we ain't scared red dragon we just don't want to fight not because we have our nation to take care of but please for Mao's sake do not i mean DO NOT take our accommodation of your stupid Polices for our weakness my friend we might not so " modernized" or "High tech" as you are but if you are willing to test us bring it on it is not 62 and think about it if you keep pushing us we can just say **** of with your One china policy OK So wanna play kid

Vladimir79

Professional
According to your logic,You can't read and write!
You used Latin letters and connected them,then you call it your post!
So you would have me write this?

М8, ёу дидньт инвент а суперцомпутер, ёу усед Ўестерн хардўаре анд цопиед обсолете инструцтион сетс.

Now that is illiterate---

I once said in this forum,some people are easy to be drived by media.
it seems your free medias did well in driving you.

Your high-class ruler controled media always tell your people" there are enemies outside there,we must stop our dispute about caste-system,children malnutrition and rural poverty."

so Indian people could united together instead of civil war.

If India's don't create a public enemy,civil war will break out.
My media?? They don't talk about caste-system because we don't have one. Your CCP brainwashed mind hasn't even taught you the difference between a Russian and an Indian. :sarcastic:

Country flag
all right, Mr lethalforce, since you hate China and its development so much, why don't you Indian to take the initiative, declare a war against China, don't hide behind big daddy, let's have a adjudgment day, the biggest dimocracy vs the biggest commie, wow, that must be the most exiting hollywood story, oh wait, I am sorry, I mean bollywood.
So sincerely, please start the campaign to move India to have war with China, since you are so ethusiasitc about the justice, why wait, take this holly task.
you do not need to get personal, It is not upto me to declare a war when the time is right there will be one, until that time comes we can just wait.

visso

Guys, the point is many of these articles about the ugly face of Chinese nationalism are not written by foreigners who have no connection to China. They are written by overseas Chinese who were born in China or are first generation Chinese immigrants.

Its not like they have an axe to grind with China. They want China to prosper but what they see in China as nationalism is really making them wonder about what type of major global power China will be.

The other comment I heard from many of them is that in China - the end always justifies the means. There is no moral consciousness based on theological or spiritual conviction.

Every chinese is free to to express his opinion while so many westerners believe they are not. but, when the westeners catch something told by a chinese ,which cast china in bad light, the westeners will jump at it as a proof that there is something ivil in chinese intention. but as a matter of fact, when some young over seas chinese , many of them second generation of a foriegn land ,learned the humiliation that china sufferd at the hands of the imperilists, and even today china still can't take back much our lawful land and sea as large as hundreds of thousands square kilomitres due to the incroachment of other coutries, they aways show great indignation, some even vow to revenge. that is the real mind reading of the over seas young chinese!
nationalism is a weak signature, when a coutry is strong and evil enough, it will bluntly go against all the rightful opposition from other countries in carrying out its evil land invation of other countries. in this process,no trace of nationalism is there. :thumbs_thmbdn:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles