World's largest Hindu temple to come up in Bihar

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
i never Q secularism of hindu temple. my Q was does trust of sidhivinayak temple do people welfare work.

As far as golden temple is concerned. Iam against the amount of money is being donated their by devotees. but i have seen at least they provide free food to LAKHS OF PEOPLE everyday.

If SGPC gets so much money ,they must built super speciality hospital and university for poor people ..

Not to forget corruption also prevails in SGPC. Money ha to honey hai lollllllllll
NO paaji, what he meant was that will sikhs will be ok if the govt decides to auction the Golden temple's gold for spending on the poor....

Now tell me will that be acceptable???

This is a similiar case here...

Blackwater

NO paaji, what he meant was that will sikhs will be ok if the govt decides to auction the Golden temple's gold for spending on the poor....

Now tell me will that be acceptable???

This is a similiar case here...
Where the hell govt comes into this.

Did i ever mentioned govt role in sidhivinayak temple ?

Did i ever mentioned that sidhivinayak sell all its gold to help poor.

:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty:

forget it u will not understand my point of view

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Seriously?? India's going to copy Angkor Wat? Please don't, at least be original.

They did the same to the Burmese Shwedagon Pagoda in Mumbai.

Global Vipassana Pagoda

:doh:

Last edited:

pmaitra

Now the question is, whether they are just going to build the Temple Complex, or also the peripheral structures:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Fine Development, Will try to visits when finish..

And will take photos and post here..

parijataka

Country flag
Cambodians protest as construction begins on copy that will be world's tallest Hindu

Looks like the people where the real Angkor temple is, are afarid their brand value will go down!

Angkor's away! India plans larger than life copy of Cambodia's iconic temple

It is often said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Not so, perhaps when it comes to ancient Hindu temples.

Earlier this week, officials in eastern India announced their plan to build a replica of Cambodia's spellbinding 12th century temple, Angkor Wat, on the banks of the Ganges in the state of Bihar. A religious group, the Mahavir Mandir Trust, said that when it is completed, the £13m project will not only be a major attraction in its own right, but will be the tallest Hindu temple anywhere in the world.

As he laid the foundation stone, Kishore Kunal, the trust's secretary, told local media the temple's name will be Virat Angkor Wat Ram Mandir. "The site is blessed as Ram, Lakshman and Vishwamitra were welcomed here on their arrival by King Sumati of the Vaishali kingdom," he added, referring to Hindu deities.

But while people in Bihar may be excited about the project, not everyone is happy. Having learned of the plan, officials in Cambodia yesterday said they believed the move was "a shameful act" that would undermine the value of the country's best- known tourist attraction which has been a World Heritage Site since 1992.

Three million foreign tourists visit the Cambodian temple located close to the town of Siam Reap, which was off limits to visitors for many years because of the presence of the Khmer Rouge rebels. Such is the importance of the site to the largely Buddhist nation, both culturally and in terms of the revenue it generates, that it features on the national flag.

"Angkor Wat is Angkor Wat – it is unique," Cambodian government spokesman Phay Siphan said. "They are raising this to be confrontational and it is provocative of the World Heritage principle. We won't let anyone confuse the world that there are two Angkor Wats."

The location of the Indian temple, or Angkor Nagar as some are already calling it, is about 25 miles outside of the Bihar state capital, Patna. Indian officials say it will stand 222ft high. While the Cambodian temple was built to worship the Hindu god Vishnu, the Indian replica will also invite worship of Shiva and other deities. Mr Siphan said officials in Phnom Penh would raise its concerns with the Indian government to try to resolve the matter.

"[The two nations] have good relations and good cooperation, so we are looking for that to solve this issue," he said. "The tourists who come to visit Angkor Wat are not seeing it simply as a stone building. They come here to see the culture and to learn."

The Indian Angkor will have five storeys and five "shikhars" or pinnacles, like the Cambodian original. It is estimated that work on the main structure, which will sit on a 40-acre site in Vaishali district, will take up to five years, while completing the entire project could take a decade.

Informed of the controversy the plan had sparked, Mr Kunal told The Independent they were not trying to make an exact copy but would have some changes in scale.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
That's funny... why do our temple constructors need to copy Khmer temple designs. I thought mainstream Hindus of north and central India shared a different temple architecture concept than southern Indian Hindus and southeast Asian Hindus.

There's already enough bitterness between Thailand and Cambodia over Prea Vihear temple. Do we also start spoiling relations with a fellow Dharmic country?

Tolaha

While the idea of copying another temple design completely in itself is a bad idea, calling it by the same name is taking it one step higher! Nothing wrong in Cambodians getting irritated with our copy-cats! This is just the sort of idea that needs to be nipped in its bud!

Where is our originality... We are the ones whose designs/ideas have been imitated from historic times; we need carry on that trend!

Oracle

This shows that you do not know the HISTORY OF INDIA. INDIA has been under the influence and rule of foreign rulers who forcibly converted many people to ISLAM and christianity. Think you are a maniac to say that INDIA is not a HINDU country. If INDIA is not a HINDU country then why do you call muslims and christians as minority people? You are really a fool by saying that INDIA is not a HINDU COUNTRY. If you are correct that INDIA isnot a HINDU country then I request that minority status to muslims and christians must be stripped off and the quotas enjoyed by the minority religions must also be stripped off.
Show me a law which says so. Put up or shut up.

Members, I request you all to guide ORACLE about the HISTORY OF INDIA and that INDIA is a HINDU COUNTRY.
People who have no knowledge about INDIA and its cultural heritage are talking about INDIA. It is a shame that people who do not have good knowledge are being made respected members in a REPUTED FORUM. I personally request the MODS to educate the respected members properly about INDIA or else please select people who are well educated and more knowledgeable about INDIA and its CULTURE and ORACLE does not deserve to be a RESPECTED MEMBER.......
Cry me a river!

KS

Bye bye DFI
That's funny... why do our temple constructors need to copy Khmer temple designs. I thought mainstream Hindus of north and central India shared a different temple architecture concept than southern Indian Hindus and southeast Asian Hindus.

There's already enough bitterness between Thailand and Cambodia over Prea Vihear temple. Do we also start spoiling relations with a fellow Dharmic country?
The Angkor temple design wasnt completely a Khmer design..It was widely influenced by Dravidian style of architecture.

And Dharmic country ? I dont think they consider India that way..

Anyway I am completely opposed to this idea...Using this money renovate such grand temples that are in disuse or better still provide the money to volunteers in the tribal areas helping out the poor and aid in their homecoming.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
World's largest Hindu temple to come up in Bihar

HAR HAR MAHADEV.

Aap Ke Charno Me PRAN-DAAN Bhi Tuch Hai To Is 5 Crore Ki Kya VISAT Jo 4 Crore SHIV Bhakto Ke SAWA Sawa-Sawa Rupyeo (RS 1.25) ke daan se jutaya ja sakta hai.

How does it help, apart from a mention in the Guinness Book of Records?
Primary reason has been missed by all. As we all know Bihar was divided to create Jharkhand almost a decade ago. To many it represented loss of land, natural resources etc but for Shiv Bhaktas it was loosing DEOGHAR which was and still is prime destination of bihari Kanwarias. This new Shiv temple is to make up for that loss (that doesn't mean no one will go to DEOGHAR once Mandir is complete but poor will certainly have cheaper option to choose from). Close proximity to Holy Ganga is another reason for selection of locality. Besides for many having spiritual peace is far important than upgrading CRT to HDMI .

Millions go hungry everyday, our Army is without many a modern equipment's, and in here we have people who support crores being spent on an entity that has never been seen, felt or witnessed.
I could have replied in old fashion way but will only pray to Bola Baba to grant this man sadbudhi.

Better spend that 100 crore on the upkeep of the existing temples and on the organizations/volunteers helping out the poor tribals/adivasis.
Before attempting this project the BMMT (head by retired IPS Kishor Kunal) has uplifted and restored almost all major temples in Bihar. And there are other organisations who are helping poor tribal/adivasis. But hey, money alone can't retain their faith, you need pavitra environment too, may be first.

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Good happy to see some thing big coming up for the good of all, Hope they also provide food and eduction to those who cant afford irrespective of cast and religion may be like a trust setup from donations thats also very important you know.

All the best will visit there one day when it's finished

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Anyway I am completely opposed to this idea...Using this money renovate such grand temples that are in disuse or better still provide the money to volunteers in the tribal areas helping out the poor and aid in their homecoming.
If the poor wants good food and stuff, they should earn it themself. And for that they have stop voting like morons. No point in doling out free stuff.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Before attempting this project the BMMT (head by retired IPS Kishor Kunal) has uplifted and restored almost all major temples in Bihar. And there are other organisations who are helping poor tribal/adivasis. But hey, money alone can't retain their faith, you need pavitra environment too, may be first.
Fine then utilize this money to build 1000 small temples in 1000 villages so that everyone has a pavitra bhoomi and use the rest of the resources to combat the evangelist menace by distributing medicines. note books etc

We Hindus often complain that the missionaries do this, Tableeghis do that...and that they have unlimited resources for their mischief....no we have unlimited resources and we also have the home ground advantage..its time we realized it and got to know our true priorities.

What good this one temple will do when 1000 villagers are proselytized by the evangelists ..Nothing.

I hope you see the sense in my argument as do the organizers...Har Har Mahadev.

If the poor wants good food and stuff[, they should earn it themself . And for that they have stop voting like morons. No point in doling out free stuff.
Then why should we cry when they earn it themselves by changing their faith and availing the money provided by the evangelists ?

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Good happy to see some thing big coming up for the good of all, Hope they also provide food and eduction to those who cant afford irrespective of cast and religion may be like a trust setup from donations thats also very important you know.

All the best will visit there one day when it's finished
Irrespective of religion..Certainly lofty ideals...but other religion people do have their own charities taking care of their community...the primary focus should be on the poor adivasis/tribals who are animists/Hindus and help them get on their feet.

Last edited:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Then why should we cry when they earn it themselves by changing their faith and availing the money provided by the evangelists ?
So your solution to their conversion is to pay the money to the poor so that they wont accept the money from the evangelists?

And no money is not the only thing the evangelists use to convert them? Most of the convertions take place taking advantage of their ignorance and the Brainwashing done by the evangelicals and not by the money they give.

And as i said- you cant pay thier fat asses always. They have to earn it themselves. Thats the only permanant solution-"give a man a fish, you feed him for the day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

KS

Bye bye DFI
So your solution to their conversion is to pay the money to the poor so that they wont accept the money from the evangelists?

And no money is not the only thing the evangelists use to convert them? Most of the convertions take place taking advantage of their ignorance and the Brainwashing done by the evangelicals and not by the money they give.

And as i said- you cant pay thier fat asses always. They have to earn it themselves. Thats the only permanant solution-"give a man a fish, you feed him for the day. Teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"
Then I'm afraid we are only going to loss the battle against the aggressive evangelist work..

They can be tackled only by their own method..no one is asking them to buy them out...go to their villages..establish a small mandir with the essential deities, establish a small school/health care center and make them aware of the outside world..tell them that fever can be cured by crocin and not "yeshu prasad", stuff like that...make their children educated....make them aware of the outside world.

that is how it is done...not by closing our eyes and wasting resources on grand temples which are nothing but one-upman ship shows.

p.s.: Anyway I see that the bhoomi puja has already been done...So no point arguing..I wish them the best of luck and hope to see the temple one day.

I rest my case

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Little OT! but It was a normal practice to establish religious places i.e. Mosques, Churches etc. because buildings when associated with religion becomes a permanent structure,hard to demolish, that is why we see so many Mosques and Churches all over India. Even courts hesitates in delivering orders against such buildings. And it is useless to make that biggg temple, actually they should split it into four temples situated in different Hindu minority areas. Yet i am happy for the largest Hindu temple in India. :thumb:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Little OT! but It was a normal practice to establish religious places i.e. Mosques, Churches etc. because buildings when associated with religion becomes a permanent structure,hard to demolish, that is why we see so many Mosques and Churches all over India. Even courts hesitates in delivering orders against such buildings. And it is useless to make that biggg temple, actually they should split it into four temples situated in different Hindu minority areas. Yet i am happy for the largest Hindu temple in India. :thumb:

Exactly ...1000 small mandirs in different areas would benefit much more population than one huge temple in one area. Dont we have enough huge mandirs already ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles