Won't tolerate anti-India activities, says Bangladesh

Galaxy

Country flag
Bangladeshi are futuristic threat for India. They are totally Morons, Idiots and day-dreamer. I would be happy if their country goes under sea after few decades. They have already started saying that parts of Assam/W.B. will be part of Islamic Bangladesh.

GoI should send all Illegal Bangladeshi. They are danger for our economy, society and security.

mayfair

And it means they are anti Indian? :eek:

what does daresay mean?
Daresay- To think very likely or almost certain. For example, I daresay you are right/wrong.

Your statement
I daresay that they are anti Indians.
means that YOU are saying that YOU think very likely or YOUR ARE almost certain that the Bangladeshi officers and Muktijoddas you meet regularly ARE anti-Indians.

Instead, if you had said
I daresay that they are NOT anti Indians.
, it would mean that YOU ARE absolutely sure that they are NOT anti-Indians.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Europe also fears that it will become Islamic.

I would say look within.

Let us fear those who are allowing parts of WB and Assam becoming Islamic because of vote bank!

The rot is within and not without alone!

More serious is the rot within!

Do something about that!

Galaxy

Country flag
Tipaimukh project would have no adverse impact on Bangladesh

November 22, 2011

In response to questions the Official Spokesperson said,

"We have seen reports in the Bangladesh media expressing concern over the Tipaimukh Hydroelectric Project. The only recent development pertaining to the project has been the signing of a 'Promoter's Agreement' with the purpose of setting up a Joint Venture Company (JVC) between the Government of Manipur, NHPC Ltd. and Sutlej Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVN) on 22nd October, 2011. The JVC will be established under the name and style of "Tipaimukh Hydroelectric Corporation Limited" or any other name as approved by the concerned Registrar of companies.

It would be recalled that a 10-member Bangladesh Parliamentary delegation led by Mr. Abdur Razzak, former Water Resources Minister and current Chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Water Resources, had visited India in July 2009 at the invitation of Government of India. It had been clarified to the delegation that the proposed project was a hydro-electric project with provision to control floods and that this would not involve diversion of water on account of irrigation.

Subsequently, during the visit of H.E. Sheikh Hasina Prime Minister of Bangladesh to India in January 2010, our Prime Minister had reiterated the assurance that India would not take steps on the Tipaimukh project that would adversely impact on Bangladesh. The assurance was again reiterated during the visit of our Prime Minister to Bangladesh in September 2011".

New Delhi
November 22, 2011

MEA - Ministry of External Affairs

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Daresay- To think very likely or almost certain. For example, I daresay you are right/wrong.

Your statement means that YOU are saying that YOU think very likely or YOUR ARE almost certain that the Bangladeshi officers and Muktijoddas you meet regularly ARE anti-Indians.

Instead, if you had said , it would mean that YOU ARE absolutely sure that they are NOT anti-Indians.
Your example - I daresay you are right or wrong

So, is it right or is it wrong?

I would like to believe that is comes from 'Dare I say'

Hence, Dare I say that they are anti Indians! Rhetorical!

ejazr

Ambassador
Jamaat Islami Bangladesh has less than 1% members in the parliament and has never had more than 3%.

Even Khalida's BNP is coming around improving relations with India. Why? Because public opinion wants BD to have good relations with India.

But that doesn't mean that there are points of disagreements that we should not address. We should not shy from problems that really concern BD.

And the sharing water or a proper water treaty as well as better co-ordination with the BSF to prevent cases of innocents being killed should be addressed. Once we sign the water treaty and demarcate the new border as per the land swap agreements, there can be no further irritants that the BNP can use against India relations.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Jamaat Islami Bangladesh has less than 1% members in the parliament and has never had more than 3%.

Even Khalida's BNP is coming around improving relations with India. Why? Because public opinion wants BD to have good relations with India.

But that doesn't mean that there are points of disagreements that we should not address. We should not shy from problems that really concern BD.

And the sharing water or a proper water treaty as well as better co-ordination with the BSF to prevent cases of innocents being killed should be addressed. Once we sign the water treaty and demarcate the new border as per the land swap agreements, there can be no further irritants that the BNP can use against India relations.
While I am all for better relations with BD, I wonder what is meant by innocent being killed by the BSF.

BSF is killing innocents in Bangladesh?

If it means illegals and smugglers, have you a better way to solve the issue?

Are they the innocents you wish to imply?

Have you visited the India Bangladesh border?

If so tell us how it can be done!

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Your example - I daresay you are right or wrong

So, is it right or is it wrong?

I would like to believe that is comes from 'Dare I say'

Hence, Dare I say that they are anti Indians! Rhetorical!
Actually, even I thought you meant they were anti-Indian. I don't know the etymology of the word, but as far as I know, daresay is usually used when one is not sure, but thinks he may be right... for example, "I daresay it may rain today evening" = "I think it may rain today, but I am not really sure - most probably I am right, and it will rain" :namaste:

ejazr

Ambassador
@Ray Sir

I am only basing this on the HRW report on 2010 that GoI also acknowledged and assured action to Bangladesh on.
India: New Killings, Torture at Bangladeshi Border | Human Rights Watch

My only personal experience where I felt a hint of anti-India feelings with an expat Bangladeshi was on the BSF border killings of some teenage girl in 2010 that was massive in BD. I think her name was Felani Khatun or something like that and there was a horrible picture of her dead body displayed on media channels on BD.

That spurred the GoI to take corrective measures and I think what they are doing now is much better. They have moved to non-lethal weapons and also started plans for joint management with the BD border police. We should not loose momentum there.

Now 90% of the BSF officers are doing their duty as they should, but the 10% corrupt officers charge money from the smugglers. Otherwise there is no way smuggling and trafficking could take place. Poor Bangladeshi girls are trafficked as prostitutes into India as well. All these require a go between from the Indian side and paying off corrupt officials on the Indian side of the border as well.

Weeding out Corrupt BSF officers should be part of the plan as well. The Whistleblower incentive and a complaints cell can sort out such issues if they arise. The BSF is not as professional as the army and it needs to be made sure that it follows HR and if any officer commits a crime they are punished so that the BSF as an institution is not tarnished.

Here is a investigative piece focusing on Indian nationals who are involved in the smuggling and sometimes end up getting on the wrong side of the security forces.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Actually, even I thought you meant they were anti-Indian. I don't know the etymology of the word, but as far as I know, daresay is usually used when one is not sure, but thinks he may be right... for example, "I daresay it may rain today evening" = "I think it may rain today, but I am not really sure - most probably I am right, and it will rain" :namaste:
To be sure, I have sent the issue to an English grammarian and a wordsmith.

If he deigns to reply, I will post it here.

I have given it a deep thought and there does appear reasons to wonder how should the world be used.

It is an archaic word as it is.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I do not go what this Human Rights organisations have to say.

They are foreign funded and quite a few are fronts for foreign intelligence agencies!

If Felani Khatun was killed by the BSF, what were the circumstance that caused her death. Has the Human Rights mentioned that?

Do the Human Rights organisation condone inter country movement because prostitutes have to run their business to get out of poverty?

Why are they not campaigning against the Govt which are not lifting the people out of poverty?

Do these Human Rights organisation support prostitution? Isn't prostitution a black mark on humanity and a violation of human rights?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not if prostitution is voluntary.
Then undertake prostitution in your own country and not violate the border!

Are you suggesting that it is correct that Bangladeshis should cross the border and undertake prostitution in India overnight and then go back and the BSF provide a VIP reception and farewell?

Prostitution is exploitation of the human flesh to satiate carnal urges. It is against human dignity. Therefore, a violation of human rights. So, while sympathising with prostitutes, the human rights should also be indignant at this exploitation. Why are they silent? Because it goes against the agenda motivated by their foreign paymasters.

Just an example for what is right or wrong. I leave it to the judgement. I am prevented by sensibilities or else I could show you what a Taliban was doing with an animal as caught on film by a US Drone. What would be the opinion of these Human Rights Polyannas?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles