Why Indians are so much obsessed with English Language?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffen SS

Why Indians are so much obsessed with English Language? We should throw this language and English medium education in garbage and replace it with Hindustani in Roman script. India's National language should be Hindustani, all schools should stop teaching English and replace it with Hindustani, it will taught as 2nd language. And education will be mother tongue based with Hindustani as 2nd language.

All central Government's work should be done in Hindustani.

Interest students can learn English during higher studies, as in European countries and other country's happen. IMO we are insisting more on a language than learning other subjects, how ever language is needed to express yourself on your subject.

Due to too much English influence, unknown to us we are changing our country's name even. When we talk Indian languages then then even then we refer our country "India" why? Why we cant refer our country Bharat? No Indian language refers our country as India. When Germans speak German, then they refer Germany "Deutschland" not Germany, Germany is an English word.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
Why Indians are so much obsessed with English Language? We should throw this language and English medium education in garbage and replace it with Hindustani in Roman script. India's National language should be Hindustani, all schools should stop teaching English and replace it with Hindustani, it will taught as 2nd language. And education will be mother tongue based with Hindustani as 2nd language.

All central Government's work should be done in Hindustani.

Interest students can learn English during higher studies, as in European countries and other country's happen. IMO we are insisting more on a language than learning other subjects, how ever language is needed to express yourself on your subject.

Due to too much English influence, unknown to us we are changing our country's name even. When we talk Indian languages then then even then we refer our country "India" why? Why we cant refer our country Bharat? No Indian language refers our country as India. When Germans speak German, then they refer Germany "Deutschland" not Germany, Germany is an English word.
First throw out the persian from Hindustani. That is a foreign language too.

freakinghell

You seem obsessed with trying to change the way things are done in India. but I support you. whatever members here say, English is the hallmark and an emblem of British imperialism. They conqurered the world and they enforced their language. I wouldn't care if Manipuri or Oriya or Kanadda was our national language, I'd gladly learn it. English or any foreign language should be thrown out. Most supporters of english would be those with IQ around 80 who has a job in call centers or providing tech support to western countries. But you can learn english outside of school curricum and get those jobs if you are really desperate. we don't need to make it our official langauge just becuase it creates some low value job opportunities. Education should be in an Indian language. One of the argument thrown is that India wouldn't function without English but I think we did well before english even arrived in India and we can do fine without it even today. Another thing most of the naive supporters believe is that it gives us some sort of an "edge" over Chinese/Japanese/other non-english speaking countries. well it doesn't. these countries are doing better than India without having english and that I believe is a proof-enough.

There are other more important things like concept of swadeshi, or you know, national pride. But Indians don't have any of that so there are just not enough people to question english's dominance over our own languages. and this is the reason Indians would never have the respect of the world. You don't respect yourselves, how do you expect outsiders to respect you?

The most cringe inducing thing in the world is the sound of an Indian speaking in english. Seriously. Either practice your accent, or just speak in your native language, especially when you are around your native people. I have literally covered my ears when I hear college kids randomly speak in shit english and trying to seem as hip and as western as possible. I have the same mothertongue as you, why the ---- do you have to inject english in that shit accent randomly? ----ing stop doing that.

I expect most members here to support english.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
All the advanced engineering, legal, technical books are written by foreign writers in English hence craze for the English that too for the sake of career and money.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You seem obsessed with trying to change the way things are done in India. but I support you. whatever members here say, English is the hallmark and an emblem of British imperialism. They conqurered the world and they enforced their language. I wouldn't care if Manipuri or Oriya or Kanadda was our national language, I'd gladly learn it. English or any foreign language should be thrown out. Most supporters of english would be those with IQ around 80 who has a job in call centers or providing tech support to western countries. But you can learn english outside of school curricum and get those jobs if you are really desperate. we don't need to make it our official langauge just becuase it creates some low value job opportunities. Education should be in an Indian language. One of the argument thrown is that India wouldn't function without English but I think we did well before english even arrived in India and we can do fine without it even today. Another thing most of the naive supporters believe is that it gives us some sort of an "edge" over Chinese/Japanese/other non-english speaking countries. well it doesn't. these countries are doing better than India without having english and that I believe is a proof-enough.

There are other more important things like concept of swadeshi, or you know, national pride. But Indians don't have any of that so there are just not enough people to question english's dominance over our own languages. and this is the reason Indians would never have the respect of the world. You don't respect yourselves, how do you expect outsiders to respect you?

The most cringe inducing thing in the world is the sound of an Indian speaking in english. Seriously. Either practice your accent, or just speak in your native language, especially when you are around your native people. I have literally covered my ears when I hear college kids randomly speak in shit english and trying to seem as hip and as western as possible. I have the same mothertongue as you, why the ---- do you have to inject english in that shit accent randomly? ----ing stop doing that.

I expect most members here to support english.
I have the same viewpoint.

Waffen SS

All the advanced engineering, legal, technical books are written by foreign writers in English hence craze for the English that too for the sake of career and money.
Then we have to write them in Indian languages, do only Indians undergo higher studies? Dont Germans, French people do higher studies? If they can their higher studies in their mother tongue why we cant?

The real thing is we Indians are shameless people with no will, to being modern is following English.

How ever what surprises me that is who we try to imitate those English only become progressive only then when they started education in their mother tongue instead of different language Latin.

We dont take what is good from West, we only take what is bad. :tsk: :tsk:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why learn English?

Why do non English people talk and work in English internationally, including those who were not colonised by the British and were powers by themselves?!

Can someone tell me that?

Surprising they know English, even though their own languages are quite good.

Now, that is something we should ponder about and I hope someone here can throw light!

And why should it be Hindi or Hindusthani?

Why not Arunachali/ Assamese?

Now some chap will say that their language has a richer literature than either Hindi or Hindusthani. What about that ?

I like Bengali, it has gender equality. No femine or masculine - all are equal and so hence easier to learn, speak and talk without having to memorise whether a item is feminine or masculine.\

I would go one step further, why wear western clothes like shirt and pant. Dhoti is ideal. Imagine the cool breeze going up your thighs and cooling the parts that get hot!

|We must close down these Italian, Chinese, Mexican and all other type of restaurant. Nothing like good old Indian food?

But then what is Indian?

And then the military should go back to having weapons of the days of the Indian mythology. That would have such a surprise element - one of the Principles of War to win battles!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I fail to understand these series of threads that finds everything wrong that India has done and that we should condemn that and go back to what somethey feel is the 'root'.

Interesting the votaries of the same have learnt English and are communicating in that language on this forum! It does indicate patent hypocrisy!

They should have told their parents off when they sent them to schools that taught English and should have left their home as their parents were not 'nationalist' enough!

They should have followed the Muni Rishis and sat on the Himalayas and meditated for Moksha - the ideal path to salvation of the soul and so very Indian-ish! Or romped around in the Khumbh Mela stark nude with total control of their organ having made it beyond the evils of being excited erotically or otherwise!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I like the word 'guftugu'.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And imagine the temerity of the chaps out here (@waffen can note since he is from here) where the Clubs don't allow chaps in barefoot or with slippers!

Damn it,. I want to wear my dhoti and clogs (called khorom in Bengali) and be barechested and the damn chaps will turf me out!

But imagine how nationalist we can be! In the olden days, women did not wear blouses. Why not demand that such a Indianess is restored and celebrated! . Why must we wear underwears and vests and bras and panties?

Let's go back to our roots!

Though I am confused as to which timeline would be India's roots!

p2prada

Those who don't like English, don't learn it. If you've learnt it, then don't practice it. Simple as that.

And don't get angry at people who think English is important enough to matter.

The only ones who don't really like English are the ones who don't find it important enough in their daily life.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
And imagine the temerity of the chaps out here (@waffen can note since he is from here) where the Clubs don't allow chaps in barefoot or with slippers!

Damn it,. I want to wear my dhoti and clogs (called khorom in Bengali) and be barechested and the damn chaps will turf me out!

But imagine how nationalist we can be! In the olden days, women did not wear blouses. Why not demand that such a Indianess is restored and celebrated! . Why must we wear underwears and vests and bras and panties?

Let's go back to our roots!

Though I am confused as to which timeline would be India's roots!
Typical Indian nonsense. No one is saying let us go back to Mauryan age and restore Prakrit( hindi was not there ) but rather that Indians instead of being brown apes of English must have a language of their own for running their country. You belong to that group who when told that Akbar was a foreigner start seeing Indians as invaders from Russia, Jats as scythians and such crap arguments. 7 centuries of foreign slavery has its toll and we see this in India most as no nation was occupied for such a longer period of time by others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles