Why do Indians call our country India instead of Bharat when speaking.

LastProphet

Re: Why do Indians call our country India instead of Bharat when speak

Well we call it INDIA coz as per the constitution, which we must abide and we do, says so.

Someone referred germans
calling it Deutscheland not Germany. Ya thats true & equally true is that their constitution says its deutscheland...!!!

Its all about what is written in your constitution, simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bennedose

Danta - daant - dental
saanp-sarpa-serpent
ignite-agni
chamber-chambre-camera(Italian)-kamra
savon-sabun-saponification-soap
mortal-mort-mrutyu
pedal-pes-paada-paadayatra
ambrosia-amrut(a)-immortai
bind-bond-bandh
deus-deity-deva

There are literally hundreds of words like this - I could sit all night finding them

The number of cognate words that are similar between Indian languages an European languages, even German is exactly the reason why this group of languages are called Indo-European". Initailly Sanskrit was considered a mother language and then they ccoked up an Aryan Invasion Theory to turn the tables on Sanskrit. Weare now behaving like people whose minds are conquered - actually Sanskrit is the mother of German and English

It is fake nationalism to push ignorance to its limits.

India also has drvidian languages which have borrowed from and contributed certain sounds to Sanskrit'

Dravidian words in worls languages include the word for rice - "arasi-rice"
Tamil "katta-maram" means "tied-trees". the word "Catamaran comes from that.

Instead of making English our own and writing an Indian English dictionary we behave like slaves and accept that we were slaves who still need to break free by rejecting a language that we find easy because of massive similarities

Last edited:

ITBP

You have an inferiority complex.
Not inferiority complex, because I know the difficulties we may face if we wear our traditional dress all time. Just imagine a Bengali salseboy of MNC wearing Dhuti and doing his duting from house to house. It will be problematic.

Indian culture or regional culture to be precise is as important as the language.
Look at Scottish, Irish, they still may wear their traditional dress and go to their culture if they wish, but can they return to their language even if they wish? No. Their languages have been already destroyed.

Language is one culture's soul. Can a Bengali be Bengali with out Bengali language?

That's why I say preserving language comes first on importance level to protect one's culture.

For rest of your topic- Learn English but learn it as 2nd language and minimize use of english word as much possible.

Its all about what is written in your constitution, simple.
So we are very much obediant to constitution? Huh? Does our constitution say to slightly punish corrupt leaders? No. Does our constitution say bribe as much you can? No. Does our constitution say appaese Muslims? No. It says Hindu-Muslim all are equal.

But when it comes to a thing with English connection immediately we are all constitution lovers!!!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@ITBP,

Your continuous attempt to indicate our 'identity' reminds me of the Pakistanis, who postulate endlessly and without respite that Pakistan is as ancient as when time began and that they are products of the Arab stock.

Actually such a desire to 'force' an 'identity' without looking at all the input that has made the identity evolve smacks of a gross inferiority in their intrinsic being.

The Bharatiya culture of today is not the same as the Vedic or Indic times. It has evolved with the passage of time, with the cataclysmic or landmark events in the timeline of Bharat's history.

Can we say that the Moguls and the Muslim culture and language or the English language has had no effect on our being and culture and language.

You take the language as the soul index of cutlure.

Fine.

Where does the word, Mukaddama we use in Bengali for court case come from? Or Mamla? Now, tell me, what are the words that we should use to be 'real' Bharatiya?

Last edited by a moderator:

ITBP

@Ray

Where does the word, Mukaddama we use in Bengali for court case come from? Or Mamla? Now, tell me, what are the words that we should use to be 'real' Bharatiya?
I told you, when we dont have equivalent then we can surely use foreign words, Such as "Rifle" no Hindi equivalent so use Rifle.

Did you follow the link? I gave.

The VDS has noisily criticised the company for years, complaining last year that there was no need for them to refer to "renewable energy" when "erneuerbare Energie" would do just as well, ditto "Smart Grids" (intelligente Stromnetze) and "Healthcare" (Medizintechnik).
Bengali has many borrowed words all right, for example Computer- what will be it's equivalent? Ganitok? No.

But I oppose when despite having equivalent we use foreign words. As it makes our languages Banglish, Hinglish etc.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

@Ray

I told you, when we dont have equivalent then we can surely use foreign words, Such as "Rifle" no Hindi equivalent so use Rifle.

Did you follow the link? I gave.

Bengali has many borrowed words all right, for example Computer- what will be it's equivalent? Ganitok? No.

But I oppose when despite having equivalent we use foreign words. As it makes our languages Banglish, Hinglish etc.
Shame if you borrow words from conquerors who have ravage and pillaged Vedic Indic Bharat.

Can't be selective just to suit our agenda, can we?

So, you mean to say that you are a Rajbonshi when you wear a gamcha speaking your language, but not a Rajbonshi when you wear a pant and speak English as your second language?

ego sum, ego existo

ehyeh ašer ehyeh

I prefer to embrace the world and better myself beyond narrow-mindedness and misplaced chauvinism.

ITBP

Shame if you borrow words from conquerors who have ravage and pillaged Vedic Indic Bharat.
We did not have equivalent.

So, you mean to say that you are a Rajbonshi when you wear a gamcha speaking your language, but not a Rajbonshi when you wear a pant and speak English as your second language?
Again you dont understand.

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/586717/98422631/stock-photo-asia-chinese-girl-in-red-traditional-dress-98422631.jpg

Traditional Chinese dress, can Chinese woman from 21st century do her job wearing this dress? Of course not. If I go to shopping mall wearing Gamchha it will be ridiculous.

So I say we cant 24X7 wear our traditional dress, but we can surely preserve our language. It is easier.

I prefer to embrace the world and better myself beyond narrow-mindedness and misplaced chauvinism.
What narrow-mindedness? When French was main language in Europe, then English should have picked up French to embrace whole europe, they did not, so they too are suffering from narrow-mindedness.

A Raajbongshi is Raajbongshi as long as he can speak Raajbongshi. Whether he wears Gamcha or not.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

We did not have equivalent.

Again you dont understand.

http://thumb7.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/586717/98422631/stock-photo-asia-chinese-girl-in-red-traditional-dress-98422631.jpg

Traditional Chinese dress, can Chinese woman from 21st century do her job wearing this dress? Of course not. If I go to shopping mall wearing Gamchha it will be ridiculous.

So I say we cant 24X7 wear our traditional dress, but we can surely preserve our language. It is easier.

What narrow-mindedness? When French was main language in Europe, then English should have picked up French to embrace whole europe, they did not, so they too are suffering from narrow-mindedness.

A Raajbongshi is Raajbongshi as long as he can speak Raajbongshi. Whether he wears Gamcha or not.
Vanity dies hard; in some obstinate cases it outlives the man.

"Obstinate are the trammels, but my heart aches when I try to break them. Freedom is all I want, but to hope for it I feel ashamed. I am certain that priceless wealth is in thee, and that thou art my best friend, but I have not the heart to sweep away the tinsel that fills my room.

The shroud that covers me is a shroud of dust and death; I hate it, yet hug it in love. My debts are large, my failures great, my shame secret and heavy; yet when I come to ask for my good, I quake in fear lest my prayer be granted.

"• Rabindranath Tagore

Wah Guru de Khalsa, wah guru de Fateh!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles