Why Christmas is banned in many countries this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_PLAY_BAD

Somalia and Brunei ban Christmas celebrations

Somalia has issued a ban on Christmas celebrations in the Muslim-majority country after the Southeast Asian sultanate of Brunei announced a similar prohibition earlier this month with the threat of five years in jail.

Sheikh Mohamed Khayrow, director general of Somalia's religious affairs ministry, said on Tuesday that Christmas and New Year celebrations threatened the country's Muslim faith.

"There should be no activity at all," he told reporters, adding security forces had been ordered to break up any such festivities.

"All events related to Christmas and New Year celebrations are contrary to Islamic culture, which could damage the faith of the Muslim community."

Sheikh Nur Barud Gurhan, of the Supreme Religious Council of Somalia, also warned against celebrations, saying they could provoke al-Shabab "to carry out attacks".

Last year, the armed group launched a Christmas Day attack on the African Union's heavily fortified headquarters in the capital Mogadishu, killing three AU soldiers and a civilian.

Somalia, which issued a similar ban in 2013, follows the Islamic calendar that does not recognise January 1 as the beginning of the year.

There are almost no Christians left living in the country, although a bombed-out Italian-built Catholic cathedral remains a city landmark Mogadishu.

Foreign diplomats, aid workers, and soldiers living in the AU compound are permitted to mark the day privately.

Santa hats banned

Similarly, Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah has also banned public celebrations of Christmas.

Religious leaders in the oil-rich sultanate warned the ban on Christmas would be strictly enforced, with violators facing up to five years in jail.

"Using religious symbols like crosses, lighting candles, putting up Christmas trees, singing religious songs, sending Christmas greetings ... are against Islamic faith," imams said in sermons published in the local press.

The government warned last year that Muslims would be committing an offence if they so much as wore "hats or clothes that resemble Santa Claus".

Christians represent about nine percent of Brunei's 430,000 population.

Businesses have been warned to take decorations down and authorities have stepped up spot checks across the capital. Hotels popular among Western tourists that once boasted dazzling lights and giant Christmas trees are now barren of festive decor.

Link:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/somalia-bans-christmas-year-celebrations-151223180327602.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-...strictly-enforced-this-year-in-brunei/7051680

==================================================

By far Christmas has been one of the peaceful religious festivals. Why ban it ? Why now ?
Not only in Somalia and Brunei, even Tajikistan has banned it.
Whether this is the result of intolerance or what is happening in India is the maximum intolerance as pseudo-seculars are portraying ? Why Hindus alone have to tolerate every BS ?

======================

@angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @angeldude13 @Abhijat @Ancient Indian @anupamsurey @aliyah @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @asianobserve @BATTLE FIELD @bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+
@Bangalorean @bengalraider @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian @DingDong @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @guru-dutt @Hari Sud @hit&run @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @jackprince @Kunal @Kshatriya87 @biswas @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99 @maomao @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127 @R.parida @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @TejasMK3 @The enlightened
@tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @Screambowl @Sylex21 @VIP @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf @Yumdoot @Zebra

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Banning is a little too much maybe.

Anyway: India, China, Japan, Israel, Thailand, Mongolia, Laos; pick odd one out.

Well, all these are non-islamic countries with xtian populations 2-4%. But among these only India has christmas as public holiday.

:facepalm:

Alien

Somalia and Brunei - do these countries have Christion population?

I_PLAY_BAD

They banned it because Muslims cannot tolerate other religious celebrations. This applies only when Muslims are the majority in a place/country.

There is no country in earth without Christians. Am I wrong ?

I seriously question the idea of Government holiday for Christmas. Why should the entire country shut down for just 2% ?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
These countries have banned doesn't mean we have to. I personally feel happy when I get a holiday for no reason. Gives me a break from my work schedule.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
These countries have banned doesn't mean we have to. I personally feel happy when I get a holiday for no reason. Gives me a break from my work schedule.
Then, you can have a holiday two days later on Sahibzaday Saheedi.

It's disgusting that you drink & make merry, when two days later your Guru's sons have given their head.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Then, you can have a holiday two days later on Sahibzaday Saheedi.

It's disgusting that you drink & make merry, when two days later your Guru's sons have given their head.
This is what's wrong with you. You don't read properly and then make senseless comments. Read my post again. When the hell did I ever write anything about drinking and making merry? A break is a fucking break. Get your fucking head fixed.

punjab47

Banned
Maratha Chooha, you can say I agree nation should be closed on Sahibzaday Saheedi instead of day that's not even the cuckolded incest product's birthday.

I speak in general terms, you have soliphism. Why would I speak personally on an Internet forum?

My head is fine with a joora & pagg on top of it. Not bare & bald like yours, :)

@Kshatriya87 if others are drinking & you're supporting them by supporting the 'holiday' You might as well be doing it yourself.

Why does this need to be explained? Are you infected with individualism, every action has a collective equivalent

Not to mention you supporting missionary activity with your words, at a minimum.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
Maratha Chooha, you can say I agree nation should be closed on Sahibzaday Saheedi instead of day that's not even the cuckolded incest product's birthday.

I speak in general terms, you have soliphism. Why would I speak personally on an Internet forum?

My head is fine with a joora & pagg on top of it. Not bare & bald like yours, :)

@Kshatriya87 if others are drinking & you're supporting them by supporting the 'holiday' You might as well be doing it yourself.

Why does this need to be explained? Are you infected with individualism, every action has a collective equivalent

Not to mention you supporting missionary activity with your words, at a minimum.
Langoor Sardar. Here you go. I wasn't going to drink and party tomorrow but now I will. I love Christmas. Enjoy now.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Langoor Sardar. Here you go. I wasn't going to drink and party tomorrow but now I will. I love Christmas. Enjoy now.

LOL, that was a funny response.

Even right-wingers will be pissed off with this guy, he is such a maniac.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

punjab47

Banned

It doesn't damage me, only yourself.

Only adds justification to our view, that the South needs a good genocide.

I knew you did

@Bangalorean that's because left right paradigm is christian, and so is anyone within it.

Going by our traditions, customs and ancestors; You are a maniac & a melech, who wants to marry his sister off to an inferior for 'progress'.

I am perfectly fine, with those who made stables out of mosques & won Mahabharat.

ਮਲੈਚਹਤਿਆਗਊਸਰਖਿਆਅਸਲੀਧਰਮਸਿੰਘਾਂਦਾ।।

Kshatriya87

Country flag

That guy deserves this. He always assumes stuff about a member like he is a shrink. In one thread he assumed I'm not an Indian and that I follow some Abrahamic religion. Then he assumed I do not know anything about Kshatriyas. Here he assumes, I'm bald. :crazy:

Kshatriya87

Country flag
It doesn't damage me, only yourself.

Only adds justification to our view, that the South needs a good genocide.

I knew you did

@Bangalorean that's because left right paradigm is christian, and so is anyone within it.

Going by our traditions, customs and ancestors; You are a maniac & a melech, who wants to marry his sister off to an inferior for 'progress'.

I am perfectly fine, with those who made stables out of mosques & won Mahabharat.

ਮਲੈਚਹਤਿਆਗਊਸਰਖਿਆਅਸਲੀਧਰਮਸਿੰਘਾਂਦਾ।।
How does that damage me exactly? Will I ENJOY myself to death?

Again, you assumed that I'm from south? You couldn't be further from the truth. And the south needs a good genocide? Really? These are your customs? This is what your wahe guru taught you? South Indians are very intelligent beings and form an ancient and integral part of India.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
That guy deserves this. He always assumes stuff about a member like he is a shrink. In one thread he assumed I'm not an Indian and that I follow some Abrahamic religion. Then he assumed I do not know anything about Kshatriyas. Here he assumes, I'm bald. :crazy:
He is a raving maniac and deserves to be killed and fed to dogs.

Anyone who does not agree with him is an Abramahic, a Christian or a Muslim. If the opposing party is a Sikh, he is a Mona or a Bhappa, cannot be a Jatt. If he is a Jatt, he is a "fake Jatt".

He needs psychiatric treatment. Such people cannot be let loose on the road, better kill them if they cannot be treated.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Somalia is not even a functioning state and any decision taken at a Mogadishu,wouldn't be able to enforce 50 KM from it.

As for Brunei,thousands if not millions of Musalman converts to Christianity in next door Indonesia every year,the Musalman population reduced to 82 - 85 % ..... May be Bolakiah was running scared from it.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Again, you assumed that I'm from south? You couldn't be further from the truth. And the south needs a good genocide? Really? These are your customs? This is what your wahe guru taught you? South Indians are very intelligent beings and form an ancient and integral part of India.
According to this scoundrel, Marathas are cowards who ate soap during wars to escape fighting.

I am beginning to think we actually need genocide - not of any particular race or region, but of all the individuals like this fellow. Create a pool of scum who think like him across all castes, regions and languages in India, bundle them together and nuke them. That will solve 50% problems of the country automatically.

punjab47

Banned
@Kshatriya87 because you're thinking of insulting Guru Sahib & Sahibzaday karam is yourself. You're from maharashtra, that's South. Anything past Kutch & Vindayas is South India. Vidarbha is OK, but it's definitely far. Realistically Nanded Bidar are last outposts of civilization & barely.
Sapt Sindhu IS Ancient India.

punjab47

Banned
@Bangalorean you'd have to nuke half your army especially the most capable regiments. :D have fun fighting with bunch of Gujjus & Tamils. Mallus will be your officer class, there to implement 'truly secular, progrrssive' decisions

@agnostic Indian @genius @Adux @Mad Indian

Truly, Idc to argue I already made my point. Sahibzaday shaheedi should be 'holiday' & it's retarded that Hindus are expected to take part in savage christian christmas days before.

If anyone is really arguing with that, I guess you'll have fun being cockroaches in next life.

Later,
According to this scoundrel, Marathas are cowards who ate soap during wars to escape fighting.

I am beginning to think we actually need genocide - not of any particular race or region, but of all the individuals like this fellow. Create a pool of scum who think like him across all castes, regions and languages in India, bundle them together and nuke them. That will solve 50% problems of the country automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles