Which school are you from?

EXPERT

just wanted to know from our mates that from which school they studied THEIR 12TH from.......'

WELL I am from KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA LUCKNOW

pmaitra

I wish I were less paranoid, and could divulge all about myself. I just don't feel comfortable disclosing too much information about myself. I will hide behind the shield of internet anonymity.

EXPERT

I wish I were less paranoid, and could divulge all about myself. I just don't feel comfortable disclosing too much information about myself. I will hide behind the shield of internet anonymity.
Well, if that's your choice than its ok , but if you don't wanna discuss than why you posted a response...???

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The only school in the world to have been awarded battle honours.

Qurratulain Hyder's magnum opus Aag ka Darya (River of Fire) has discussed the School as also Valerie Fitzgerald's 1981 historical novel Zemindar features the siege of Lucknow in 1857 and has the school as the backdrop.

Kipling modeled the school of his hero in Kim based on my school.

Brevet Major William Stephen Raikes Hodson who raised the Hodson's Horse is buried on my school Grouds as is our Founder Maj Gen Claude Martin.

Maj Gen Claude Martin had acquired a large fortune while serving the Nawab of Awadh Asaf-ud-Daula and bequeath a major part of his estate to establish the schools. His will outlined every detail of the schools, from their location to the manner of celebrating the annual Founder's Day. The seven branches function independently, but maintain close contacts and share most traditions.

Interesting personalities

The pioneers of filmography the Lumiere Brothers studied at the Lyons Branch.

The actress Merle Oberon studied at our school in, Calcutta. Both the Lucknow and Calcutta Girls' Schools have produced a "Miss India" each: Priyanka Chopra, from our school at Lucknow and Nafisa Ali from Calcutta.

The Calcutta school has produced a father and son duo Vece Paes and Leander Paes, both of whom won medals at the Olympics.

Jaideep Mukherjee, another tennis star, is from our School at Calcutta.

P Sen, the Indian wicket keeper stumped Don Bradman in a match and was given his cap by Bradman.

Rajendra K. Pachauri, the shared Nobel Laureate studied at the L:ucknow branch.

Vijay Mallya studied at Calcutta.

Radio and television personality Roshan Abbas studied at Lucknow.

Muzaffar Ali, the noted Bollywood film producer, director of Anjuman, Gaman, Umrao jaan also studied in our school.

Journalists and commentators too have studied in our schools. Some of them being Chandan Mitra, Swapan Dasgupta. Suhail Seth, Jug Suraiya, Pronnoy Guha Thakurta, Pritish Nundy, SK Dattta Ray et al.

The interesting part of Claude Martin's will

"Since the powerful Almighty creator of all the Universe of all that exist gave me the power and wisdom of thinking, I never discontinued contemplating and admiring his wisdom in the creation and Ruling the Universe, as also the several Globes, Planets, Stars and firmament, things incomprehensible to men's feeble understanding. I was born and educated to believe in the existence of God Ruler of all the World and all that exist beneficent to all of any Religion or sects they may be, being Gratefully bound to thank him for his mercifulness on me, I adored him and worshipped him as my Creator Benefactor and all omnipotent, but doubtful of the mode of worshipping Him. I did it as a child of the earth, though educated in the Roman Catholic Religion, but when my bodily feeling made one weak I resumed the prejudices I had imbibed by my education and salvation of my said Immortal Soul; I worshiped him as I had been taught in my infancy.........but, as still many doubts crowded in my mind, I never could cease enquiring of the true path of Religion and worshiping the Omnipotent Creator God and I have endeavoured to learn the religion of other nations and sects that I might be a proper judge for myself and, though I found mostly every other nations and sects as ridiculous in their ceremony as I thought the Religion I was educated in, still I found a similarity in the same principle and the substance of every Religion of Nations and sects (with which) I have been acquainted, of all possession, sound moral, and recommendation, to do all the good possible to other creatures, to worship as only God, creator of all, and to be charitable to all other creatures and to do Penances for sin............"

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
You must be from a Railway School or Railways Schools! ;)

Oak Grove at jharipani, Mussoorie maybe?

All the railway boys, to include their bigwig's wards, usually came from here!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles