What is your net speed?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
A newbie question, which is good service provider in Bangalore,

Please don't say Airtel, they once taken money and never given the connection, I have to go with TaTa Indicom form then, and they are horrible, they take 1158 INR for 512kbps plan, and service is horrible, any suggestion...........

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Hi Yusuf, What is your speed mate? What are you useing.
2mbps airtel in office @999 +tax (10GB)

and 2mbps bsnl at home @ 250 + tax (1GB) dont use a lot of net at home.

i once had 4mbps connection in office from airtel..lost that plan when i did some phone shuffling.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
A newbie question, which is good service provider in Bangalore,

Please don't say Airtel, they once taken money and never given the connection, I have to go with TaTa Indicom form then, and they are horrible, they take 1158 INR for 512kbps plan, and service is horrible, any suggestion...........
That is horrible indeed, again i am in Airtel and the Service is the best, what happened to you must have been an anomaly, they solve problems with in 48hrs. Also are you using fixed or wireless dongle line?

I pay 499Rs for 521Kbps and the service is good. However i just found out that my plan is extinct, they dont have any more 512Kbps in Airtel fixed line. Everything starts at 2Mbps and options are as follows.

2Mbps, 3GBlimit=640Rs
2Mbps, 6GBlimit=750Rs
2Mbps, 10GBlimit=999Rs
After the limit speed comes down to 256Kbps and 20pisa for 1Mb!!!

I wonder what other services are out there?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
2,500 rupees, unlimited downloads, BEAM Hyderabad is the ISP. Talked to packers & movers yet? :D
I am so JJJJJ.. I have to look for such independent providers. is it cable or DSL?

indian_sukhoi

Your understanding of bandwidth is not right, you must have meant 1Mbps. 1GB means storage space not internet speed, 1Mbps(Mega bites per second) is the right way to say it. Also your download speed cant be 30kbps that is too slow.

Please save the name of India and use the education your parents wasted on you and read up on terms! :D
He said 30 KBs (that would work out to 240 kb/s).
Arey yaar,..........Mistakes hotha hai!!!

I mean 1MBps,.............When iam downloading The speed would be around 30kbps or less. Wasted a lot of money on this relaince package.

Anyway,..............Kafir and Nitesh. You guys should try Beam Cable. Dunno whether its available in your city or not. Bust is cheap and very much reliable.

Cheers,

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
2mbps airtel in office @999 +tax (10GB)

and 2mbps bsnl at home @ 250 + tax (1GB) dont use a lot of net at home.

i once had 4mbps connection in office from airtel..lost that plan when i did some phone shuffling.
I am curious if i watch youtube and online movies a lot, will i cross 10GB a month? I use very little in my office and at home i do most of the web surfing.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
GK, don't know, but my experience with Airtel is always horrible to say at least. Weather it was when they were my mobile service provider, or for Internet. They slapped me with thousands of rupees of bill when my average bill was close to 700 INR, this happened with a lot of fellows in my company, we changed the service provider after that fiasco. Same, they repeated with Internet, when i asked them to give me a fixed line Internet, took the money, made my life miserable for 1 month, then took 45 more days to reurn the money. Will not go with Airtel.

How about Tikona, any one using there service?

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I am curious if i watch youtube and online movies a lot, will i cross 10GB a month? I use very little in my office and at home i do most of the web surfing.
Last month with my miserable connection, total download was 110 GB, Tata guys are hounding me for increasing the bandwidth :D

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
2Mbps, 3GBlimit=640Rs
2Mbps, 6GBlimit=750Rs
2Mbps, 10GBlimit=999Rs
After the limit speed comes down to 256Kbps and 20pisa for 1Mb!!!
Mine is the Rs. 1299 rental plan Airtel. For 30 GB the speed is 2 Mbps and thereafter its 512 or 256 Kbps. I'm not sure of the last part, this is new plan and we're running first billing cycle in it. I don't think we'd ever have to deal with the speed that comes after 30 GB.
We download average 1 movie daily. Although I haven't noticed great improvement in my torrent speed but it works for us as we're 3 guys in the WLAN and bill.

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Arey yaar,..........Mistakes hotha hai!!!

I mean 1MBps,.............When iam downloading The speed would be around 30kbps or less. Wasted a lot of money on this relaince package.

Anyway,..............Kafir and Nitesh. You guys should try Beam Cable. Dunno whether its available in your city or not. Bust is cheap and very much reliable.

Cheers,
Areya mera bai, Mbps and GB are different! thumra baap tho therea oppar pisa waste keya!!:laugh:

30Kbps kesa hoga? If you have 1Mbps speed then divide by 8 which will be 125kbps!!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Last month with my miserable connection, total download was 110 GB, Tata guys are hounding me for increasing the bandwidth :D
110GB!! How did you find that out? Is there any way to track your usage? I download a lot from youtube may be 1GB a day!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dude Tarun, how are you getting 50Mbps when beam is showing only max 20mbps on their website.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles