Want to marry a star look-alike?

A.V.

People seeking marriage can zero-in on life partners resembling celebrities who torment them in their sleep - with the help of a new facial search technology available on marriage portal

The face recognition technology works on the dimensions of a celebrity's face, measures distances between the various features and matches these with photos on the matrimony portal.

The technology is similar to the face restructuring technology used by the police department. The difference: the hunt here is for a dream life-partner.

"This is our attempt to go beyond the normal search options like caste, religion, age, profession and others. Many people would wish to marry a person who looks like a celebrity. It is this need we try to satisfy now," Murugavel Janakiraman, founder and chief executive of Consim Info that owns the site told IANS.

According to Janakiraman, the company had been working on this project for the past six months to iron out glitches before formally launching it Tuesday.

All the 15 Indian language matrimony portals owned by Consim Info will initially have this facial search facility, which could be added to other matrimony portal variants like elitematrimony.com, he said.

Almost 50 per cent of the 15 million members on the chain of bharatmatrimony portals have uploaded their pictures, Janakiraman said.

The Consim information team contended that during the trial period, it was found the popularity of a celebrity depended on their topicality.

"While Aishwarya Rai seems to be favourite for majority of searches, actress Asin has gained more popularity after Ghajini's release.
Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bhindra was at the top for some period and now AR Rahman is the favourite among girls," said a Consim official.

One of the rub-off benefit of this search facility is that members will certainly feel happy if their face pops-ups resemble some celebrity.

However, searchers may also be in for shock as the technology is basically based on geometrical dimensions of a face. For instance, a search may throw up the picture of a woman resembling Aishwarya Rai - without her hour-glass figure - dashing the searcher's dreams.

But Janakiraman ruled out a search factoring in the body specs. "We will host line drawing images of celebrities' faces only."

jyoti rathi

People seeking marriage can zero-in on life partners resembling celebrities who torment them in their sleep - with the help of a new facial search technology available on marriage portal

The face recognition technology works on the dimensions of a celebrity's face, measures distances between the various features and matches these with photos on the matrimony portal.

The technology is similar to the face restructuring technology used by the police department. The difference: the hunt here is for a dream life-partner.

"This is our attempt to go beyond the normal search options like caste, religion, age, profession and others. Many people would wish to marry a person who looks like a celebrity. It is this need we try to satisfy now," Murugavel Janakiraman, founder and chief executive of Consim Info that owns the site told IANS.

According to Janakiraman, the company had been working on this project for the past six months to iron out glitches before formally launching it Tuesday.

All the 15 Indian language matrimony portals owned by Consim Info will initially have this facial search facility, which could be added to other matrimony portal variants like elitematrimony.com, he said.

Almost 50 per cent of the 15 million members on the chain of bharatmatrimony portals have uploaded their pictures, Janakiraman said.

The Consim information team contended that during the trial period, it was found the popularity of a celebrity depended on their topicality.

"While Aishwarya Rai seems to be favourite for majority of searches, actress Asin has gained more popularity after Ghajini's release.
Olympic gold medallist Abhinav Bhindra was at the top for some period and now AR Rahman is the favourite among girls," said a Consim official.

One of the rub-off benefit of this search facility is that members will certainly feel happy if their face pops-ups resemble some celebrity.

However, searchers may also be in for shock as the technology is basically based on geometrical dimensions of a face. For instance, a search may throw up the picture of a woman resembling Aishwarya Rai - without her hour-glass figure - dashing the searcher's dreams.

But Janakiraman ruled out a search factoring in the body specs. "We will host line drawing images of celebrities' faces only."
I think I just want to give my opinion on this issue........we see all these stars with make up on , to tell u plz keep in mind that many next door gals/boys are more beautiful and handsome as compared to them any day.........so for marriage go for nature and heart and not star like face.........and enjoy blissful life.

pmaitra

Little off topic:

While we look for star look-alikes, why not let the stars talk as well? I mean the stars, as in Astrology? That is a hot cake in the datin-cum-marriage market as well.

Good money making idea.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Well ! to me, average is Beauty! average nose, average eyes, average height, complexion, face, figure and that is the psychology behind attraction, one more thing "similar faces attract each other" like Saif-Kareena, Abhishek-Aishwarya, Shahrukh-Gauri, and so on... i don't want to marry a star look alike rather a girl who appears like me, who can give me a feeling that i have seen her earlier [in my own mirror lol], whoever runs after a star-look-alike is prima facie running for sexual attraction :D

jyoti rathi

Well ! to me, average is Beauty! average nose, average eyes, average height, complexion, face, figure and that is the psychology behind attraction, one more thing "similar faces attract each other" like Saif-Kareena, Abhishek-Aishwarya, Shahrukh-Gauri, and so on... i don't want to marry a star look alike rather a girl who appears like me, who can give me a feeling that i have seen her earlier [in my own mirror lol], whoever runs after a star-look-alike is prima facie running for sexual attraction :D
Chauhan, now i must say i totally agree with u...........and the last statement is absolutely right.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well, I think "stars" are only "objects of fantasy". At the end of the day, you just look for someone compatible with you. Looks kinda take back seat when you actually go out to look to marry someone.

I have seen many couples where the girl is really beautiful while the boy is average and vice versa. So at the end of the day, looks probably dont matter when it comes to marriage. Yes you may date and have fun with all the good looking ones.

sandeepdg

I think I just want to give my opinion on this issue........we see all these stars with make up on , to tell u plz keep in mind that many next door gals/boys are more beautiful and handsome as compared to them any day.........so for marriage go for nature and heart and not star like face.........and enjoy blissful life.
Hi Jyoti ! You speak with experience :)

Anyway, all this is nothing more than a marketing gimmick to increase visitors to these matrimonial sites. People always fall for catchy selling ideas ! But in reality, this is nothing more than nonsense, anybody is smart knows that marriage is all a compatibility game, looks more or less matter way down the line. And those who only go by looks, well what can I say, they are dumb-asses.

Global Defence

Articles