'Waar' wins big at Pakistani film awards

praneet.bajpaie

Celebrities, fans and film crews sweated it out at the 'first ever' Pakistani film awards held out in the open at the DHA Golf Club. The show started an expected two hours late, but sufficiently wowed the audience with what was slated to be the most expensive award show ever held in Pakistan, at a cost of Rs80 million.

With roughly 1,500-2,000 attendees and a 200-foot stage, the awards show celebrated the rebirth of Pakistani cinema with song, dance and cheesy dialogue complete with jibes at India, lauding of the two nation theory and discussions on the lengths of skirts.

'Waar' wins big at Pakistani film awards - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

I wouldn't have posted this but for the bold, italics, underlined part.

I don't think I have ever come across an Indian film awards function which has taken potshots at Pakistan.

@Neo, @Alpha1, your take on this matter? Do you condone this type of behaviour of your brethren?

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

paki film industry still at infant stage, paki people still prefer indian movies.

waar won awards becoz there is no other paki movies in competition.

jitna waar ne kamaya utna hamari B grade film kamati ha.:laugh::laugh:

praneet.bajpaie

paki film industry still at infant stage, paki people still prefer indian movies.

waar won awards becoz there is no other paki movies in competition.

jitna waar ne kamaya utna hamari B grade film kamati ha.:laugh::laugh:
Waar winning awards is not the problem here, but Paki celebs most of whom have the desire to work in Indian films anyway, taking potshots at India at an award show is what I don't get.

Maybe that's the way Pakis in general are brought up.

Glint

Country flag
I don't even know what "waar" is, Pretty sure no one outside Pakistan gives a flying Fu*k about it.

Neo

Celebrities, fans and film crews sweated it out at the 'first ever' Pakistani film awards held out in the open at the DHA Golf Club. The show started an expected two hours late, but sufficiently wowed the audience with what was slated to be the most expensive award show ever held in Pakistan, at a cost of Rs80 million.

With roughly 1,500-2,000 attendees and a 200-foot stage, the awards show celebrated the rebirth of Pakistani cinema with song, dance and cheesy dialogue complete with jibes at India, lauding of the two nation theory and discussions on the lengths of skirts.

'Waar' wins big at Pakistani film awards - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

I wouldn't have posted this but for the bold, italics, underlined part.

I don't think I have ever come across an Indian film awards function which has taken potshots at Pakistan.

@Neo, @Alpha1, your take on this matter? Do you condone this type of behaviour of your brethren?
I have not seen the award ceremony yet so I can't comment on the remarks. Generally Pakistan film industry doesn't approve promoting or releasing Bollywood movies in Pakistan because India which is bound to import equal number of movies from Pakistan has not kept her word for it. Our film industry also doesn't approve negative image Bollywood creates of Pakistan.

Waar is Pakistan's biggest movie so far and there is an anti India sentiment there because the plot is about India organising terrorist attacks in Pakistan. This could be one explanation for your bolded part.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

I don't even know what "waar" is, Pretty sure no one outside Pakistan gives a flying Fu*k about it.
You are wrong as usual. Waar is such a success that Warner Bros bought the distribution rights for international release in more than 20 countries including UK and USA. :wave:

Glint

Country flag
You are wrong as usual. Waar is such a success that Warner Bros bought the distribution rights for international release in more than 20 countries including UK and USA. :wave:
Woah, Didn't know that if i give out facts i would always be wrong.

Pretty sure "Warner Bros" distribution is a scam, They are releasing it in US and still no one knows about it.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Woah, Didn't know that if i give out facts i would always be wrong.

Pretty sure "Warner Bros" distribution is a scam, They are releasing it on UK or US and still no one knows about it.
If I know Pakis well enough, this "warner brothers" bullshit is going to go into the Paki lies and denial thread: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/pakistan/48130-pakistani-lies-denial-thread.html

Lying and then denying is second nature to these people. They expect us to believe that the world wants to see the buffoonery of Paki conspiracy theories.

Glint

Country flag
If I know Pakis well enough, this "warner brothers" bullshit is going to go into the Paki lies and denial http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/pakistan/48130-pakistani-lies-denial-thread.html

Lying and then denying is second nature to these people. They expect us to believe that the world wants to see the buffoonery of Paki conspiracy theories.
Even if they release it outside Pakistan, I'm pretty sure Warner Bros is not involved. That company deals with Giant movies like "Godzilla" not some propaganda sh!t.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles