Vectra LSV Design back to 1967 ?

Blackwater

And BTW who is bringing VECTRA to India?? HINDUJA BROS ???

Blackwater

will be good chioce if TOT with mahindra and goes into sarkari babus brain

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
well i feel that renault Millitary SUV can be good choice as they have JV with mahindra.

its Renault Sherpa

The Sherpa is more of an European analogue for the hummvee, it would be of little use in our narrow twisting mountainous border, though i agree it could have some utility in the deserts and plains.

pmaitra

The older Land Rover were excellent pieces of machine. The new ones aren't that great, and live on its past glory.

I would swear by the old Land Rovers.

P.S.: I still remember my ride up Tiger Hill, Darjeeling, on a 50 year old Land Rover. :)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
1. The vehicle size must as per Indian needs

2. The vehicle ground clearance.

3. Powerful Diesel engine ( Auto heating ) Manual start..

Is needed..

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The older Land Rover were excellent pieces of machine. The new ones aren't that great, and live on its past glory.

I beg to disagree. I'm sure the new Defender will smash the old ones on off-road abilities, reliability, ruggedness and power. After all why waste investing on a new model if it'll turn out to be inferior to the old ones?

pmaitra

I beg to disagree. I'm sure the new Defender will smash the old ones on off-road abilities, reliability, ruggedness and power. After all why waste investing on a new model if it'll turn out to be inferior to the old ones?
Dunno about other countries, but Land-Rovers sold here in the US, the new ones i.e., have a very bad reputation.

They can do most things others can do, but off-roading is something they don't do very well.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Dunno about other countries, but Land-Rovers sold here in the US, the new ones i.e., have a very bad reputation.

The Brits likes to give the Americans "Americanised" (simplified) cars. Maybe the Land Rovers shipped to the US are also Americanised, hence, the lackluster quality.

Zebra

Country flag

They can do most things others can do, but off-roading is something they don't do very well.
Tthe same story in Australia . One of my neighbour , he had a Land-Rover , got pissed with it . Now he drives Nissan Patrol .
One another person , he is an Automotive Engineer and a Work-Shop manager of a company who operates nearly 380 buses . He do have a Land-Rover , I asked him about his car , he goes " You have to be a mechanic if you like to keep a Land-Rover with you. "

pmaitra

1974 Cherokee S (iconic American offroader)

GAZ-24-95 Volga (modified crossover)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

I don't really know why I am posting this (Jeep Commando).

shubhamsaikia

I wud still say gypsy looks the best in olive green... no match,,,

3 Inf Division

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Better than Mahindra 550, that thing is useless..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles