US sows discord in South Asia

pankaj nema

Country flag
Pakistani Non Cooperation will invite US attack maybe in 2012, 2013
and AT that time we will have to be very alert

Any sign that Pak wants to attack India , Just Finish it off

pankaj nema

Country flag
Total US Soldiers currently in Afghanistan is 90,000, No way they will let 50,000 remain. There will be nearly 10,000-15,000 Forces in Afghanistan in the long term. Afghanistan is going to be hotbed for Air Force, CIA and JSOC. US Army and Marines will pull out.
They have already COMMITTED 30000 troops POST 2014 and this figure will only Go up

Let 2012 US elections be over Then ALL Declarations of with drawl will be revisited
as per US strategic long term objectives

agentperry

usa still now is training and helping afghan army take control over afghanistan itself. the basic agenda of usarmy and nato forces is to make karzai really a president of afghanistan and not the mayor of kabul.

post 2014 they will be doing the same thing but then the attacks and raids will be done by afghan army and not usrmy

Adux

Country flag
Pakistani Non Cooperation will invite US attack maybe in 2012, 2013
and AT that time we will have to be very alert

Any sign that Pak wants to attack India , Just Finish it off
Nothing would make me more happier, but we will need to make sure, not one of their missiles lift off. They cant target US, while they can India and IsraelThey will do what Saddam did in Gulf War 1

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I expect Pakistan launch nukes at us regardless of our involvement, calling them a bluff pre-2003 made sense, not any longer.
We need to discuss how to stop nuclear strike of Pakistan or how to snatch away their nukes, Indian people are not ready to accept a nuclear strike on its soil for Kashmir or Giligit. We are panzies that way. Pakistan knows that. There is a reason for them to always nuclear sabre rattle. They dont care if they loose their reputation as a responsible nuclear power in front of the world audience, as long as their primary audience the Indian public, is scared shitless.
I am not doubting the credibility of their nukes but their threat and constant saber rattling. I believe they will not launch their nukes.

Adux

Country flag
I am not doubting the credibility of their nukes but their threat and constant saber rattling. I believe they will not launch their nukes.
I think you are under-estimating the fear of Nuclear Weapons on the minds of general public and responsible governments of the world. They will use their nukes, if when their existence is threatened. If you think there is a possibility of a suicide bomber, then this is the larger variety of it, a suicidal country, society or army. This is the country of Allah, Army and America. Their nuke threat on low to medium intensity war maybe termed as a bluff and I would agree, but in the final show down of sorts, their nukes fly, and they will fly to India and Israel.

What is the whole point of Cold Start if India didnt believe in the above?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think you are under-estimating the fear of Nuclear Weapons on the minds of general public and responsible governments of the world. They will use their nukes, if when their existence is threatened. If you think there is a possibility of a suicide bomber, then this is the larger variety of it, a suicidal country, society or army. This is the country of Allah, Army and America. Their nuke threat on low to medium intensity war maybe termed as a bluff and I would agree, but in the final show down of sorts, their nukes fly, and they will fly to India and Israel.

What is the whole point of Cold Start if India didnt believe in the above?
Exactly, cold start is to fight below their threshold of going nuke. But then they keep bluffing about their threshold. 26/11 is an example of cold start not being out into use because we didn't call their bluff. The bluff has to be called that a few kms inside Pakistan is not going to make them go nuke.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Lets be very clear here, Anything under the threshold of complete annihilation of the state of Pakistan or its military by any outside power will be acceptable to Government of India in the present circumstances. But I repeat, we are not ready for that threshold to be crossed. You can make fun of SM Krishna or India's foreign policy all you want, Pakistan is a stupid suicidal and irrational power, they will, mark my words at the eventuality of complete destruction of Pakistani' machinery and nation will fire their nuclear missiles at India, irrespective of whether we had anything to do with the conflict they are in.

India and USA lost that chance in 2001. India lost their chance in 1999. Israel and India lost that chance in 1980's and India lost their chance in 1971.

Now unless and until you have the capacity to shoot down every piece of rock thrown from Pakistan to India, it is imperative we dont mess with them beyond a point. Like it or not.
Can not agree more.

--

No matter how hard Indians try to repel US from Asia, US-Astan strategic agreement is in Indian interest; unless you've plan in place to redraw map of pakistan.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Reading ambassador Bhadrakumar for quite sometime now, two distinct things stand out in his opinions, he has an undying love for the Pakistanis and the chinese, anything India does even remotely favorable for these two countries or vice-versa, he will be all too happy, but if india was to pursue interests contrary to the interests of these nation states, expect the itch happening, in the hind side when it comes to the west and US in particular he has a very unsavory take, if India was to cozy up to the west or vice-versa, and he will start having problems.

Expect the expected from him, wrapped in big long, at times boring essays!

Iamanidiot

Better thing with Pakistan encourage the ethnic and social cleavages in the society so that they start cannibalizing themselves.We should meddle in Pakistan using proxies imo not direct intervention

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Though US has a meddlesome policy and most of the time, they have this tendency to dispose of anyone who opposes them regardless of their size, at this time, we need them to stay. Simply put, Chinese ARE REALLY there in our backyard. Bhadrakumar is an accomplished expert on this and it is shocking how he is toeing in with Congressi propaganda of appeasing enemies and sidelining friends that Congress is so good at. He's sunk so low as well.

We do have issues with USA but they aren't so serious to give them so much air. Rather we have a problem with 2 of our immediate neighbors who have to be severely dealt with. I hope that with the coming of Narendra Modi in 2014, there are more hawks in our government than these dodos.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The US is merely enforcing their strategic objectives.

And in God they Trust! :)
In God We Trust appears on the dollar bill. Have you noticed where that dollar is going lately?

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Think tankery is nonsense

Washington has "retaliated" to Krishna's statement by issuing a travel advisory cautioning American nationals from visiting India because of heightened terrorist threats. Delhi, in turn, ticked off Washington saying it considered the US move "disproportionate" - a cute way of saying that the advisory is a load of baloney....The US's travel advisory was intended to raise hackles in India about the imminent possibility of Pakistan-supported terrorist activities. Again, US-sponsored disinformation is reappearing with claims that China and Pakistan are conspiring against India by setting Chinese military bases in the northern areas of Pakistan, which form part of Kashmir.
Excuse me for repeating myself. Americans in great numbers ignore these travel advisories. If they are not important here; why are they of enormous concern to India?

Adux

Country flag
Better thing with Pakistan encourage the ethnic and social cleavages in the society so that they start cannibalizing themselves.We should meddle in Pakistan using proxies imo not direct intervention
India for the first time, being the lumbering, indecisive village idiot has actually worked for us post 2005. Pakistani's have started to eat themselves up. Now we need to be very careful and speed up that process. US and India should have the idea of how to defang the Nukes, at the opportune time.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
. I hope that with the coming of Narendra Modi in 2014, there are more hawks in our government than these dodos.
Looks like you have an accurate crystal ball!!

But we don't have time till 2014 while a lot happens right now and the next 3 years.

Tolaha

Excuse me for repeating myself. Americans in great numbers ignore these travel advisories. If they are not important here; why are they of enormous concern to India?
Maybe, the targeted audience of the advisories is not the tourists!

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Maybe, the targeted audience of the advisories is not the tourists!
Too subtle for me. That must be why I didn't have a career in international diplomacy. :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
@WG,

What is the republican plan for end game in AfPak? Any different from Obama?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Apologies for sick POV but, end game from astan wouldn't be seen as US running away from global role by some US lobbyists/citizens? Be it republicans or democrats, there has to be widely accepted policy formation across congress.

Last edited:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
@WG,

What is the republican plan for end game in AfPak? Any different from Obama?
That is a good question. I don't know the answer. In defense of my ignorance, I will say that the debates among the Republican candidates for their party's nomination are moderated by figures from the news media, which means the questions put to them are usually of little consequence. I will see if I can unearth some facts to respond to your question.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles