US removes maps showing PoK as part of Pakistan from website

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
US removes maps showing PoK as part of Pakistan from website - The Times of India

Excerpts:

WASHINGTON: The US State Department has removed "inaccurate" maps of India and Pakistan from its website which did not reflect the correct boundary and geographical locations.

"We have taken the map (of India) off the website. It did contain some inaccuracies which were associated with the boundaries of some geographic features," State Department spokesperson Victoria Nuland told reporters at a news conference on Monday.

"My understanding is that is the way that it was inaccurate, that it wasn't drawn properly," Nuland said.

"We will put up the new map when we acquire one that we are confident is accurate," she said in response to a question but did not answer questions from where such inaccurate map came from...

Regards,
Virendra

agentperry

i would be happy if they remove such map from their websites all over the world and not just in india.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Will they show the Valley and GB held by Pak as part of India? That would be a major major shift.

Reactions: mki

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I am not expecting such a change. If they show it as disputed area or any other term except "PoK". It would mean the first good signs for India.
Though Americans are known for such isolated arm twisting decisions that do not show a great bearing on their long term policies.

Regards,
Virendra

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles