US preparing by buying up billions of rounds of ammo

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Levin: US preparing for societal collapse by buying up billions of rounds of ammo [AUDIO] | The Daily Caller[/AUDIO][AUDIO]

On Friday's night broadcast of his radio show, Mark Levin speculated that the federal government is stockpiling ammunition to ensure the rule of law in the event of a total societal and economic collapse.

On Feb. 8, Investor's Business Daily editorial writer Andrew Malcolm penned a piece about the Department of Homeland Security amassing what he called "sufficient firepower to shoot every American about five times –including illegal immigrants," or more than 1.6 billion bullets.

"I'm going to tell you what I think is going on," Levin said. "I don't think insurrection. Law enforcement and national security agencies — they play out multiple scenarios. They simulate multiple scenarios. I'll tell you what I think they're simulating: the collapse of our financial system, the collapse of our society and the potential for widespread violence, looting, killing in the streets, because that's what happens when an economy collapses."
[/audio]

p2prada

You can't fight China with just 1.6 Billion bullets. :p

Country flag
China does not need to invade they are going to buy up US assets first then takeover will
be a cakewalk.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

average american

The question remains why a US government agency buys hollow-point ammunition at all. It is not legal for military or police use, and too expensive for training.
I wondered about that too. The hollow point, of course, features a pitted or hollow tip intended to expand upon entering its target. ATK says its ammunition is "engineered for 100-percent weight retention, limits collateral damage, and avoids over-penetration" — all hallmarks of the hollow point.

This is not the first time DHS has placed such an order, however. In 2009, it signed a contract with Winchester for the procurement of 200 million hollow points.

The order may seem unusually high, but gun experts I talked to said it is not necessarily unusual and simply reflects a long-running practice by DHS and law enforcement agencies to use any remaining budget surplus on items routinely used and that would not be called into question. The idea being that if an agency does not use its entire budget in expenditures, the government will lower its budget the following year.

Evidently hollowpoints dont pass through people and hit people behind them.

One agency alone used 11 millon shells a year in target practice.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles