US, India sign military logistics agreement

airtel

Country flag
kargil thing that i told is not conspiracy.. india was armtwisted by US over laser bombs.. they denied GPS support to indian army during war..
why Israel was not arm-twisted by USA ?? why Israel was allowed to help India ?

airtel

Country flag
Now I'm not too worried about Russians joining Pakistan,China militarily,the Russians don't have the economy or the naval power to project force in India,at best they can supply weapons to Pak/China if needed,in that department the US+Allies can outdo them considering their production capabilities.
Russians economy dont have any foreign debt ...............and what we will do if they stopped providing components of our fighter planes,missiles , submarines & tanks ?

our Air-force ,Army & navy depend on Russian equipments ................................if they join China -pakistaan then it will be pathetic situation for India .

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
The US needs access to Indian bases much more than India needs access to US bases.

India isn't going to invade Mexico, but US has operations in South East Asia, which may contain PRC.

On the other hand, the US has the habit of ditching its partners after its use is diminished.
They need to contain china so they won't be ditching us for a long time.
The only thing I am confused about is what does India get from this?
Does our PM and DM have no faith in our Armed forces. We can protect ourselves from any threat at present and in future. Anyways USA is a bad omen. I am against this deal.

Akask kumar

Russians economy dont have any foreign debt ...............and what we will do if they stopped providing components of our fighter planes,missiles , submarines & tanks ?

our Air-force ,Army & navy depend on Russian equipments ................................if they join China -pakistaan then it will be pathetic situation for India .
HAL is building 2000 cr worth spare parts hub in india for manufacturing and storing spare parts.. at present only 50% of aircraft is available online , ready to be deployed in battlefield ,, rest of the 50% has to wait for clearance of spare parts from gvt & shipment of spare parts from abroad.. with the spare part hub our aircraft readiness lelvel will jump fom 50 % to 71 %..

russia will be helping in developing the spare parts hub..

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...sukhoi-30-spares-hub/articleshow/53919425.cms

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
अरे भिया , हमें इससे क्या फायदा ?
Our navy will not operate in american region because it is not required , don't need their navel bases etc . हमारा तो उधर किसीसे कोई पंगा ही नहीं है ।
But this seems very beneficial for America , they are willing to increase their navel presence in this region . Off corse they will use this facility we just gave to them .
पर हमें क्या मिला ?
Why it is beneficial for India ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
We can use American base in Guam for keeping our ships straight to SCS.
:first:
This deal has nothing to do with weapons . There is different deal for that .
Question is why we sign this deal ?
Are we getting something ?
Or just for India America friendship ?
Are we in american pressure for this deal ?
Do we really want to use American military bases ? Will we ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
US doesn't sell complicated weapons to countries who doesn't sign this agreement.
BTW, it's India who made the agreement LSA modified to LEMoA for more Indian favour and parity. :)

raja696

I believe we are playing need of the hour. I am sure India will never leave NAM policy. We are neither against russia or ally of usa, that is clear that is why special clause was being included in the Lemoa agreement. We need back up , so we are playing fire with fire.

Russia is a good friend always, but china and russia are also friends. What will happen in India china skirmishes due to china (en paki )hegemony ?

Russia our only weapon's supplier becomes neutral.

Lemoa is good move.

Russia is good friend and will be.

Usa given a chance , can be kicked back if its not loyal. Another reason is usa will supply its weapons production from made in India to its allies. It has to reduce its dependency on china for imports.

China anytime unreliable we have seen there double cross enough.

Pakis needs to be kicked on there nuts.

MAY BE ITS NICE IF INDIA SIGN AGREEMENT LIKE LEMOA WITH RUSSIANS TOO. or do we have such agreement already?

Last edited:

airtel

Country flag
HAL is building 2000 cr worth spare parts hub in india for manufacturing and storing spare parts.. at present only 50% of aircraft is available online , ready to be deployed in battlefield ,, rest of the 50% has to wait for clearance from gvt & shipment of spare parts from abroad.. with the spare part hub our aircraft readiness lelvel will jump fom 50 % to 71 %..

russia will be helping in developing the spare parts hub..

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...sukhoi-30-spares-hub/articleshow/53919425.cms
yes they are providing spare parts that means they did not join China club as of now ...................but agr join kar liya to ?

btw my comment was reply to mr. Scarface .

Scarface

thats my point. we cant afford to have 3 or more enemies in the same continent. it will have negative impact on trade,economy and society in long run.

many dnt know russia has more oil and natural gas deposit than any nation,project like indo russia pipe lines, economic corridor through charbahar etc will help both of the nation economically and meeting our future energy needs.Russia will also help india in creating uranium reserve here

https://in.rbth.com/economics/coope...-in-creating-uranium-reserve-for-india_613993

its the same US that imposed banned on us after pokhran 2,caused delay in Tejas , supplied tonnes of weapon to pak in kargil .its hard to forget all and move forward.may be its easy for our politicians but not for us.

all i am saying we should not push deal with US to an extent that we have to regret in future.

americans do business with nations not friendship ,we should adopt the same strategy and not get over excited with any INDO -US deal. treat them like business partner not as friends. they use us we use them ...

as far as economy is concerned many of US supporter forgets that US has 19 trillion dollar as debt and mostly it owes to china.No way US can pay the debt unless they plan next WW3.n they are planning good.

most of the debt US owes is to china,its matter of time and will of china to pull the red carpet underneath the US.i hope ppl here are aware of this

US literally raped japan and vietnam to an extent that it has become their moral and humanitarian duty to protect these nation in future.IF u read about project orange in vietnam it will bleed ur heart.every 1 knws why US fought vietnam war, to drive thier economy.WAR RUNS US ECONOMY LIKE HORSE.

when US imposed trade embargo on russia ,germany was reluctant to the sanction, germany and many EU countries trade more with russia than US itself. but u cant defy ur masters once u submitted urself. a whole continent suffers coz they are in PHREINDSHIP WITH UNCLE SAM.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-28400218

all i am saying is choose your friends wisely.sometimes you have to do friendship with enemies too ,i agree, but it shud be short and to the point.
Don't mix up trade with military alliances.

We can't afford to lose militarily to China-Pak,the Russians cannot hurt us militarily in conventional warfare.

China and US are both natural enemies,ideologically and militarily speaking but China still remains US labour center.

NATO still encircles Russia and yet Russia is their (European NATO nations) biggest natural gas and oil supplier.

Our economic assets and relations with Russia will not be affected by being allied to the US as long as they remain mutually beneficial,which will be the case because if they weren't mutually beneficial they wouldn't have existed anyway.

The US imposed ban on both India and Pakistan after their respective nuclear tests and lifted them together in 2001.

The US imposed weapons embargo on BOTH India and Pakistan and refused GPS services to BOTH India and Pakistan during Kargil , it's called neutrality,and it was a shift from Pro-Pakistan to a neutral policy of the US with respect to the Indian subcontinent,no weapons were granted to Pakistan in the duration of the Kargil war.

Every nation does business with other nations,alliances aren't formed out of pity,they are formed out of mutual interests and ideological similarities,if you believe Russia/USSR-India was a non-business alliance then the Kremlin propaganda has gotten to you.

As far as US debt is concerned it's a healthy amount which isn't disproportionate considering US accounts for 20-25% of world's GDP,debt alone doesn't give the full story about the health of an economy,Debt/GDP ratio considered , US economy is doing very well

And no,again chinese propaganda is that US owes all it's debt to China,no it doesn't,out of the 19 trillion , US owes China 1.3 trillion,1/8th of the total debt and it can be paid back with ease.

Businessmen and Enemies don't do out anything out of moral obligations.The Japanese also literally raped the Chinese in World War 2,but they aren't giving China any sort of military aid.

The US supports Vietnam and Japan because the Chinese invaded Vietnam shortly after the US left and China-Japan enmity is ages old,Japan hates communism , ideological similarities and mutual interest.

EU is an economic group independent of US intervention.The EU has it's own committee which takes decisions like this,if Germany was reluctant to sanction Russia it was because the EU Parliament voted to do so,not because US was forcing it's hand,it was the EU council.

There's being conscious about an agreement and then there is being paranoid, Kremlin propaganda victims are paranoid about it.

The Air Force is probably the only one that cannot sustain an independent war effort and that's why we're diversifying our arsenal through MRCA
Y
ou think we sent all our Tanks/Ships for repairs and maintenance to foreign countries during our wars with Pakistan ? Nobody goes shopping in war time,every country has part reserves or at least capability to service their own war machines for the duration of the war as far as Navy and Army are concerned

And for the Air force we just have to hold our own until US and Europe Military Industrial Complex goes in full drive , we'll use the weapons and jets they supply to us

airtel

Country flag
damn these 30 characters rule

this is against a propaganda video .............................check all the videos of that channel full of conspiracy theories ...

show me any reliable source with reliable Information .

for your Kind information pakis were not allowed to use american F-solah in that war while Indians were bombing their men .

4000+ pakis were killed in that war (compare to 500-700 Indians ) ................ they did nothing .

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
yes they are providing spare parts that means they did not join China club as of now ...................but agr join kar liya to ?

Still India is a good market mainly for Russia and others for a loooong time to come. Russia wont lose its biggest "established" market India with money and credible deal settlement practices just because of forked tongue china .china with its cheap products and no respect for IP rights is a rival and concern for Russia also other defence export nations.

Russia is not a nation that will let china dictate its terms..as I see it..Them Russians are a different make altogether.

To counter the ambiguity we should bring in as much as we can under ToT and Make In India so that critical dependency can be reduced.
Have long term research and assisted projects with Russia on front line technologies.
This ofcourse is what this GoI seems to be doing fine.

Akask kumar

this is against a propaganda video .............................check all the videos of that channel full of conspiracy theories ...
not just here . i read such theories from my multiple sources that i trust.. its for real, believe it or not. why kargil happened just after pokhran 2? we pissed USA really bad and they pulled our ears real good.back then pak was their pawn. it up to u to believe it or not..

Akask kumar

i dnt think russia will be upset with india with this LEMOa treaty. but we should not push things beyond line/tolerance level.. there is new update India will be buying karbil missile from russia..

as rightly said by @raja696,there are certain benefits of NAM policy,neither against with russia nor allied with US.. but current situation demands china to be restricted into its borders. we dnt like it funding and supporting pak n its terrorism..if we have to take little help from US ,let it be.

russia ,US both supports us on NSG except this china .. who knows if this deal cement our seat in UNSC then we will hit multiple birds with one stone..

airtel

Country flag
The Air Force is probably the only one that cannot sustain an independent war effort and that's why we're diversifying our arsenal through MRCA
Y
ou think we sent all our Tanks/Ships for repairs and maintenance to foreign countries during our wars with Pakistan ? Nobody goes shopping in war time,every country has part reserves or at least capability to service their own war machines for the duration of the war as far as Navy and Army are concerned

And for the Air force we just have to hold our own until US and Europe Military Industrial Complex goes in full drive , we'll use the weapons and jets they supply to us
which MRCA ?? 36 Rafaels ?? that deal is still on paper .......................how we will fight against china with just 36 rafaels ??

if we are diversifying our arsenal they why we recently invested in FGFA ?? buying pak-fa & upgrading sukhois were not enough ??

our NAVY also use MIG-29 what about that ? submarines ?

missiles ? i am sure most Indian missiles depends on Russian navigation systems .

(newer Indian missiles will be dependent on Indian navigation systems ).

India Army bought ammunition during the kargil war from Israel .

we lost 1962 war because we were waiting for US .............

Scarface

which MRCA ?? 36 Rafaels ?? that deal is still on paper .......................how we will fight against china with just 36 rafaels ??

if we are diversifying our arsenal they why we recently invested in FGFA ?? buying pak-fa & upgrading sukhois were not enough ??

our NAVY also use MIG-29 what about that ? submarines ?

missiles ? i am sure most Indian missiles depends on Russian navigation systems .

(newer Indian missiles will be dependent on Indian navigation systems ).

India Army bought ammunition during the kargil war from Israel .

we lost 1962 war because we were waiting for US .............
The MRCA tender for 126 aircraft.
Rafale is 90% binned,by MRCA I mean whichever 126 aircraft we choose instead of Rafale

We're investing in the FGFA program because it will be our aircraft,our participation in the development has entitled us to ToT to the extent of being able to operate and mantain purchased units independently.

MiG29K isn't a new deal,it was signed when we bought INS Vikramaditya from Russia

We'll be buying Western Jets for our upcoming EMALSCATOBAR carrier anyway , they can be bought in surplus for the Navy.

We don't need foreign maintenance to operate our boats,surface boats or otherwise.

Most of our Missiles are compatible with GPS guidance not just GLONASS and some even IRNSS , so we can use our indigenous or western GPS for our missiles

And you yourself gave an example of how US allies aren't strong armed into anything,Israel which is heavily dependant on US for defense supplied us weapons despite the embargo.

We were too late in acquiring US assistance in 1962,the people who failed us were our civilian leadership and the other being USSR who , thanks to great propaganda machinery is touted as an All-Weather friend when people know that there is no such thing in International Politics

raja696

https://www.google.com/amp/m.timeso...an/amp_articleshow/53956415.cms?client=safari

China might just have admitted it is feeling cornered by US, India, Japan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Page not found....(sry its working now) china is playing victimisation card (bitch) thats how maos work isnt it?.

Most importantly Lemoa made India un containable. ..... which china did try its best. Fortunately that china contained crap is all over its face.

China looking stupid all over the world with its deeds.

airtel

Country flag
The MRCA tender for 126 aircraft.
Rafale is 90% binned,by MRCA I mean whichever 126 aircraft we choose instead of Rafale

We're investing in the FGFA program because it will be our aircraft,our participation in the development has entitled us to ToT to the extent of being able to operate and mantain purchased units independently.

MiG29K isn't a new deal,it was signed when we bought INS Vikramaditya from Russia

We'll be buying Western Jets for our upcoming EMALSCATOBAR carrier anyway , they can be bought in surplus for the Navy.

We don't need foreign maintenance to operate our boats,surface boats or otherwise.

We were too late in acquiring US assistance in 1962,the people who failed us were our civilian leadership and the other being USSR who , thanks to great propaganda machinery is touted as an All-Weather friend when people know that there is no such thing in International Politics
upcoming EMALSCATOBAR carrier is still on paper ..it will take another 15 years.

that means our 2 Aircraft carriers will operate Mig 29 & Tejas .

we have Full ToT of SUkhoi 30 Mki we built most of that parts of this plane including engine even single Cristal blades ....................but still we are dependent on Russia for Parts .

whichever 126 aircraft we choose instead of Rafale ??? we will wait for = AMCA , which is only on paper .

Russia is not our All-Weather friend .................but we dont want Russian Support to China Against India .

Scarface

upcoming EMALSCATOBAR carrier is still on paper ..it will take another 15 years.

that means our 2 Aircraft carriers will operate Mig 29 & Tejas .

we have Full ToT of SUkhoi 30 Mki we built most of that parts of this plane including engine even single Cristal blades ....................but still we are dependent on Russia for Parts .

whichever 126 aircraft we choose instead of Rafale ??? we will wait for = AMCA , which is only on paper .

Russia is not our All-Weather friend .................but we dont want Russian Support to China Against India .

War isn't coming tomorrow either
Russia going from Neutral to anti-India is also on paper

This very discussion is based on the extremely unlikely chance that the Russians choose to rally against us for allying with the USA.

No we don't have full ToT to Su-30MKI,we are at least 322 technologies short,too much to be independent in operation of those jets

http://www.defencenews.in/article/Russia-Offers-Su-30MKI-Technology-Transfer-Under-Make-in-India-974

We still source major components from Russia.FGFA , due to being jointly developed will bring ToT to be operated independently

AMCA is not what we are choosing for MRCA replacement , the IAF is critically short of aircraft and won't be waiting till 2030 for AMCA.

Potential Russian support to China shouldn't stop us from allying to people who can help us against China

And I've said it before if they try to enforce their dependance on us in war time,the We can rely on Western wartime production capabilities to supply us with what we need.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles