US Congress stalls F-16 sale to Pakistan

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I don't think the US will support India to balance China, as some people here seem to be saying.

The US and China have similar mentalities. They both money worshinppers. And current major task of the US is to tie down Russia and prevent its resurgence AND ESPECIALLY prevent russia from becoming closer to europe (this is exactly why UKR happened.)
This would create a super power bloc that even the US can not handle.

This is their major geo-strategic goal as of now, i.e. prevent Euro+Rus combo.
And the Chinese are on game with the US on this.

So the chinese pretend to be helping the Rus now, and the US pretend to be helping the Euros.
The US and chinese are actually partners in this game.

Btw this stalling is also a tactic to use/threaten to use at critical juncture for greater negotiating powers etc.

Country flag
I don't think the US will support India to balance China, as some people here seem to be saying.

The US and China have similar mentalities. They both money worshinppers. And current major task of the US is to tie down Russia and prevent its resurgence AND ESPECIALLY prevent russia from becoming closer to europe (this is exactly why UKR happened.)
This would create a super power bloc that even the US can not handle.

This is their major geo-strategic goal as of now, i.e. prevent Euro+Rus combo.
And the Chinese are on game with the US on this.

So the chinese pretend to be helping the Rus now, and the US pretend to be helping the Euros.
The US and chinese are actually partners in this game.

Btw this stalling is also a tactic to use/threaten to use at critical juncture for greater negotiating powers etc.
In the process Chinese have screwed USA by developing a China -Russia power bloc. For Chinese Silk Road success Russia is much more important to China . USA is insignificant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
In the process Chinese have screwed USA by developing a China -Russia power bloc. For Chinese Silk Road success Russia is much more important to China . USA is insignificant.

I think that depends on how much influence russia will have in central asia states.

Country flag
I think that depends on how influence russia will have in central asia states.
Russia still has great influence . Russian Chinese alliance already active in the Arctic.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Russia still has great influence . Russian Chinese alliance already active in the Arctic.

What are the chinese up to there, in the arctic?

sorcerer

Country flag
There is no sign of US changing his policy towards Pakistan. This is just a temporary move to make a show of concern. US will keep supporting Pakistan militarily.
pakistan is the condom of USA...They need to use it for another session with china. The current posturing is just to show that USA condoms all forms of terrorism..now that the election in USA is ON..the current posturing on pakistan is understood.

The weapon lobby in USA will have to wait a bit more before they could arm pakistan against India.

sorcerer

Country flag
What are the chinese up to there, in the arctic?
Minerals and Resources..what else!!!

China has become increasingly interested in the Arctic in recent years due to the melting of the polar ice-cap, and its own desperate need for energy resources and raw materials for its growing economy. Access to natural resources and shortened shipping routes has prompted China to look at what Arctic might provide. China is not an Arctic littoral state, has no Arctic coast, and as such neither sovereign rights over region’s continental shelves nor the resources that lay beneath them. Regardless as an emerging global power and permanent member of United Nations Security Council, it is expected to seek a role in determining this framework and legal foundations for the region’s future management.

http://cphpost.dk/news14/business-news14/china-holds-key-to-greenland-treasure-chest.html
http://www.ensec.org/index.php?opti...s-aamp-resources&catid=123:content&Itemid=389
http://americanresources.org/china’s-global-quest-for-mineral-resources-continues-–-in-the-arctic/

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
pakistan is the condom of USA...They need to use it for another session with china.
Moreover, it's a reusable, multi purpose and usable by more than one country at a time, it's a unique condom. :D
Used by US and China for doing dash dash with each other(now Russia is also getting ready), used by Saudis and Iranians against each other, used by Brits for doing propaganda against India, used by Turks, Arabs, Persians, Westerners, Chinese, Americans, Russians and even probably Indian in future.

I have been monitoring their concerns about Indian goods is replacing cheeni maal there rapidly, due to slowdown of China. :biggrin2:
Moreover, their government and investors have started hiring Indian Engineers, they already use Indian Medical Services, Education system and jobs(legally or illegally thousands of pakis migrate to India every year).
Their own newspaper:
If today's scenario goes on as expected, gap between India and pakiland will be larger than that of US and Mexico have today.
:D

Neo

No loss no gain for Pakistan. It's the Obama administration that made the offer to keep us away from buying Russian Su-35. Today Pakistan has access to high tech weapons from China, Russia and some other partsof the world. I persoanlly oppose the purchase of any weapons from USA.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
pakistan is the condom of USA...They need to use it for another session with china. The current posturing is just to show that USA condoms all forms of terrorism..now that the election in USA is ON..the current posturing on pakistan is understood.
The weapon lobby in USA will have to wait a bit more before they could arm pakistan against India.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

...and US used this Condom(Pakistan) multiple times resulting in rupture and the Terrorists came as the illegitimate kids who are killing Americans on mainland now and Osama Obama feels helpless and accepting he can't do much.Moreover he is doing such STUPID drama by fake crying these days.... in hindi we say rondu baccha.He can participate in India's America's Best Dramabaz where kids participate. :lol:

Anyway on topic... US has simply f**** up it's foreign policy for sure specially supporting "good terrorists" all the time and the BEST result started coming since 9/11. Pakis gave middle finger to US taxpayers by giving luxury shelter to Osama for years.Meanwhile Russia has started flexing it's muscles again and US can't do much.

So all this "stalling" is a drama and nothing else.

Sylex21

No loss no gain for Pakistan. It's the Obama administration that made the offer to keep us away from buying Russian Su-35. Today Pakistan has access to high tech weapons from China, Russia and some other partsof the world. I persoanlly oppose the purchase of any weapons from USA.
I'm highly doubt that Russia would sell Pakistan weapons like the SU-35 or anything that could be a game changer. In fact they have announced quite the opposite as their policy.

However I agree with your analysis that it is no gain no loss for Pakistan. The F-16 deal was only worth while because the USA was going to sell these planes at massively discounted prices to Pakistan and it still may, the group blocking the sale has only delayed it so far.

The JF-17 is actually a very capable little plane for the money. It carries far more bang for the buck, offering most of the most important features at a very attractive price. Plus the USA would never offer local production of F-16's in Pakistan and spare parts would be much more reliably purchased from China in the case of a war.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
U.S Senate allows F-16 sale to Pakistan, with riders

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...le-to-pakistan-with-riders/article8340539.ece

But won’t allow U.S financing of the deal
An attempt by Republican Senator Rand Paul to stall a U.S move to sell eight F-16s to Pakistan hit a procedural roadblock in the Senate on Thursday, but lawmakers expressed strong disapproval of the deal and its future remains uncertain.

Mr Paul’s move to disrupt the deal through a legislative decision found support from 24 senators – 12 Republicans and 12 Democrats, in a rare development. Congress has never overturned administration decisions on foreign military sales. In this case, even most of those who opposed Mr Paul’s resolution pledged to oppose the funding of the deal through U.S financial assistance.

Sources familiar with the developments told The Hindu that the real obstacle to the $699 million deal is the lawmakers’ objection to U.S financing it through an assistance programme. Senate Foreign Relations Chairman Bob Corker said he was allowing the deal to proceed, but would block the move to finance it with U.S aid. Democratic Ranking Member Ben Cardin agreed with him on this question.

Mr. Cardin said the nod for the deal to proceed did not include the foreign military financing part. “The administration has brought forward a proposal for some reprogramming of funds to help pay for the F-16 sale to Pakistan. In other words, we would use some of the moneys that we have already programmed for Afghanistan to be used to pay for the sale of the F-16's. That requires a signoff from the leadership of the two authorizing committees. Senator Corker and I had not signed off on that nor do we intend to sign off on that until we have further explanations on a lot of the issues that Senator Corker and I have already raised,” he said. Both Senators have called for demonstrable “behavioural changes” in Pakistan in terms of its support for terrorism and its dealings with India.

“I can’t in good conscience look away as America crumbles at home and politicians tax us to send the money to corrupt and duplicitous regimes abroad,” Mr Paul said. “Pakistan is at best a frenemy. Part friend — and a lot of enemy.”

Nuvneet Kundu

Mr Paul’s move to disrupt the deal through a legislative decision found support from 24 senators – 12 Republicans and 12 Democrats, in a rare development. Congress has never overturned administration decisions on foreign military sales. In this case, even most of those who opposed Mr Paul’s resolution pledged to oppose the funding of the deal through U.S financial assistance.
This is slightly one sided and sounds more optimistic than it is. In a house of 100 congressmen, an overwhelming 71 voted in favor of the sale, and only 24 opposed it. @saty's 'best friend' America is showing its friendship. :pound:

Nuvneet Kundu

US work for its interests not for India's. Repeat :US throwing biscuits to his doggy... It is a shame still some Indians considers Porksistan is an opponent,NO it is just nuisance terror infested s**hole.
How is that relevant again? come back to the point. It was YOU who claimed that the US is a great buddy of India would would help kill Islam and then we live happily ever after. I didn't suggest it, you did. I've always maintained that the US will work for its own interest and those clash with ours, not overlap.

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Finally they shown their true colours.
:frusty:
But won’t allow U.S financing of the deal
Yet that part is nice. :D

It's difficult for pakis to pay.
US work for its interests not for India's. Repeat :US throwing biscuits to his doggy... It is a shame still some Indians considers Porksistan is an opponent,NO it is just nuisance terror infested s**hole.
When we said they are opponent?
But they are a suicide bomber like country. Even if India becomes a power centre like USA, Russia or China, pakis gonna even then ready to tackle us.
Call this their bravery or foolishness. :biggrin2:
And they also have no problem even if their country is wiped out in turn.
They only wanna bleed us. That's why they threat us of nuclear (yet we produce many times more nuclear material than them).
How is that relevant again? come back to the point. It was YOU who claimed that the US is a great buddy of India would would help kill Islam and then we live happily ever after. I didn't suggest it, you did. I've always maintained that the US will work for its own interest and those clash with ours, not overlap.
I guess @saty got emotional.
Nobody is buddy of each other in great power games.
And it's US strategy.
US supported China to neutralize Soviet Union. They succeeded but China itself became a power centre to challenge USA. They are importing Russian tech to reduce the gap further. Russia has also not any other option but going on with China.

Now, they want India to do the same.
But by helping pakistan, they wanna make sure that somebody keeps India busy.
So that India may not challenge US hegemony tommorow.
It will be worse for USA than todays.
Today, they are tackling one China, same sized economy because of middle income but then, they will have to tackle two very large economic and military power which gonna be far stronger than US.
And most important, pakis have no supa dupa powa ambitions.
They are happy being South Asians and strategy of their country starts from and end in this region.
:lol:
India's population is high. So, when it will be a developed country, it will be giant economy and so militarily and technologically far far more powerful.

Even in that condition, pakistan will be the only brave or call it stupid country who will be ready to fight India till last pakistani.

Obviously, ambition of 72 virgins has made them too brave. :pound:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles