US announce strategies to tackle hacking threat from China, India, Rus

Blackwater

Re: US announce strategies to tackle hacking threat from China, India,

Thanks for sharing,Sunni Muslim, a real Muslim.
My Avatar is a sikh officer, very smart and tough, cool in face and hot in heart, but his eyes are are same size as common Chinese.
which army or police??

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

China has frequently been accused of hacking, but the report by US security company Mandiant contains some of the most extensive and detailed accusations to date linking its military to a wave of cyberspying against US and other foreign companies and government agencies.

Mandiant said it traced the hacking back to a neighbourhood in the outskirts of Shanghai that includes a 12-story office building run by Unit 61398 of the People's Liberation Army.

The unit "has systematically stolen hundreds of terabytes of data from at least 141 organisations," since it began operations in 2006.

Dr James Lewis, senior fellow at the Center for Strategic and International Studies: "I think the way it works is that China's central leadership blessed hacking. And cyber espionage. And they did this years ago.

"So what they did is they let units like this off the leash, said go and hack, get Western technology. That would be a good thing. That's different from being in control. And in fact, one of the issues is having let groups like this off the leash, it might be hard for Beijing to get them back on."

Dr James Lewis added that the situation is complicated by the fact the China is "one of the most important relationships for the US".

China's Foreign Ministry dismissed the report as "groundless," and the Defense Ministry denied any involvement in hacking attacks.

Contains video from AP

Video: Hackers have been 'let off the leash' by Chinese government - Telegraph

t_co

My Avatar is a sikh officer, very smart and tough, cool in face and hot in heart, but his eyes are are same size as common Chinese.
Yeah, satish007 is just a racist faker, gtfo

huaxia rox

really??through your big eyes......can you see any chinese wear that big thing on his head every day to make himself look higher than others??especially when being a security guy in front of a restruant???

huaxia rox

Someone from Information Security field like me knows that Chinese are the biggest hackers in the world neck to neck with USA...Indian hackers don't even come close..
so any major attack or counter attack deemed worth mentioning launched by the two peoples you can introduce???

i feel pretty proud if what you said is true.....

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag

so any major attack or counter attack deemed worth mentioning launched by the two peoples you can introduce???

It is. Chinese crackers over the years have become top notch, top rung crackers whose peers are only European and American crackers. On the other hand, I doubt if the so called Indian hackers can even crack a facebook account with Social Engineering techniques.

satish007

Yeah, satish007 is just a racist faker, gtfo
I translated a hindu idiom posted by backwater.you are new comer.

warriorextreme

Country flag

I can not disclose attacks on my organisation as it will be breach of NDA...But most of these attacks are carried out by script kiddies....Biggest threat is from rogue hacker groups that your government hires to carry out these activities...The most capable hackers are able to disguise their locations so it is all messed...

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional

https://ia.signal.army.mil/

The Information Assurance (IA) Division, U.S. Army School Cyber Leader College, provides high quality Information Assurance/Computer Network Defense training and certification for Department of Defense personnel worldwide.

We provide training primarily for Department of Army personnel, but have also trained personnel from all services and other federal agencies to include: U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, U.S. Marine Corps, U.S. Coast Guard, Department of Defense civilian and contract employees, Department of Energy, and the Federal Aviation Administration.

The branch is also responsible for research, course development, and the distribution of course materials to our satellite sites worldwide. We make every effort to remain on the cutting edge of technology and safeguard the Army's networks.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles