US 7th fleet base in Bangladesh?

trackwhack

My point is how the fk is it that everyone on this forum can sit back and take this lightly?

Bangladesh and Pakistan should run dry for Gwadar and Chittagong. It is time we started bullying these states if they dont behave. Treating our smaller neighbours with dignity has only resulted in each of them taking advantage of us. Look at Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Burma and now Bangladesh. We liberated these shitheads facing the same 7th fleet in 1971 and today they want to build a base for them here. What the fk?

Country flag
My point is how the fk is it that everyone on this forum can sit back and take this lightly?

Bangladesh and Pakistan should run dry for Gwadar and Chittagong. It is time we started bullying these states if they dont behave. Treating our smaller neighbours with dignity has only resulted in each of them taking advantage of us. Look at Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nepal, Burma and now Bangladesh. We liberated these shitheads facing the same 7th fleet in 1971 and today they want to build a base for them here. What the fk?
Lack of any strategic foresight. I am almost 100% sure Indian govt has approved this if true.

Last edited:
Country flag
Lack of strategic foresight on whose part? GOI?
yes I can give you another example fighting 1971 war and giving all territory back and
still having Kashmir issue active. And also giving back access to Central Asia in the process.

Bobby Jose

what is the problem if they have base in bengladesh or in pakistan ,there is nothing wrong if any country rent their land.we have a base in tajikistan what you say about that

trackwhack

what is the problem if they have base in bengladesh or in pakistan ,there is nothing wrong if any country rent their land.we have a base in tajikistan what you say about that
You obviously havent heard of a country called Cuba, have you?

Country flag
TW I think you are worrying too much. USA and India signed a defense pact years ago and
most details were never revealed.

Wikileaks and the India-US Defense Agreement � pa

One new bit of information in the cables is that the US wanted to go even one step further and get India to agree to "Cooperative Security Locations" or CSLs, which are fully equipped military facilities in a dormant base that can be activated for operational use at short notice. This seemed too much even for pro-US sections of the Indian leadership!

trackwhack

TW I think you are worrying too much. USA and India signed a defense pact years ago and
most details were never revealed.

Wikileaks and the India-US Defense Agreement � pa

One new bit of information in the cables is that the US wanted to go even one step further and get India to agree to "Cooperative Security Locations" or CSLs, which are fully equipped military facilities in a dormant base that can be activated for operational use at short notice. This seemed too much even for pro-US sections of the Indian leadership!
Yes LF, I worry too much. In 40 years US India relations have changed from an imminent attack to "defining partnership". In another 40 years there is no reason why it should not change to how it was in 71.

As a nation, we are too stupid to even learn from our past lessons.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Beware of the Greek who brings gifts! ;)

Is that what you all want to say?

Country flag
Yes LF, I worry too much. In 40 years US India relations have changed from an imperative attack to "defining partnership". In another 40 years there is no reason why it should not change to how it was in 71.

As a nation, we are too stupid to even learn from our past lessons.
I don't think India will push the limits or have any global hegemonic ambitions:

We have given up on nuclear testing
we have capped our missile program
we have standardized many weapons with USA
we have accepted terms of the nuclear deal
we have changed our stance on Iran

we have also not signed CISMOA,NPT,FMCT,MCTR etc....

Last edited:

trackwhack

I don't think India will push the limits or have any global power ambitions. Why not?
We have given up on nuclear testing No we have not, we should not
we have capped our missile program No we have not, we should not
we have standardized many weaponry with USA No we have not, we should not
we have accepted terms of the nuclear deal No we have not, we should not
we have changed our stance on Iran No we have not, our stance has not changed and enough output has not been cut to call is sanctions. Only time will tell.

we have also not signed NPT,FMCT,MCTR etc....

And again, why should India not have global aspirations. Or more fundamentally, do you think the wealth creation in India will not by default ensure global economic assets that need to be protected. Do you not think that the wealth created will cause strategic challenges?

Country flag
And again, why should India not have global aspirations. Or more fundamentally, do you think the wealth creation in India will not by default ensure global economic assets that need to be protected. Do you not think that the wealth created will cause strategic challenges?
I will try to summarize it as succintly as possible. Global power ambitions require
a long term commitment by the government. A commitment which I have never
seen in the past it may change in the future but the government is more worried
about getting rich of corruption then anything that would improve the nation.
Nothing wrong with power ambitions but if you are going to do it do it 100%
not halfway as i have always seen it done.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And again, why should India not have global aspirations.
Because India does not have the wherewithal!

trackwhack

I will try to summarize it as succintly as possible. Global power ambitions require
a long term commitment by the government. A commitment which I have never
seen in the past it may change in the future but the government is more worried
about getting rich of corruption then anything that would improve the nation.
Nothing wrong with power ambitions but if you are going to do it do it 100%
not halfway as i have always seen it done.

So is your argument - India does not have global power ambitions, so we might as well allow US to fill in the vacuum? Or do you agree that this development is not healthy for India?

Country flag
So is your argument - India does not have global power ambitions, so we might as well allow US to fill in the vacuum? Or do you agree that this development is not healthy for India?
This development IMO has little to no impact on India. Nobody is going to
fight your battles except you. This to me in a way demonstrates India govt
has enough confidence in our own defenses to allow this to happen.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I don't think India will push the limits or have any global hegemonic ambitions:

We have given up on nuclear testing
we have capped our missile program
we have standardized many weapons with USA
we have accepted terms of the nuclear deal
we have changed our stance on Iran
and what have we gained ?

usa still funds and arms pakistan and backstabbed us on nuclear deal.

Country flag
and what have we gained ?

usa still funds and arms pakistan and backstabbed us on nuclear deal.
This is a question Indians need to ask the Government. But relations with USA
are much better than people realize. Recent Hillary trip to Burma was a result of
India mediating. Most of the time India has no leverage when dealing with other
big powers and this has always bothered me why Govt always accepted this kind
of position.

Last edited:

trackwhack

This development IMO has little to no impact on India. Nobody is going to
fight your battles except you. This to me in a way demonstrates India govt
has enough confidence in our own defenses to allow this to happen.
It has absolutely huge ramifications for India. I dont know how you have concluded that it does not. Instead of allowing the US to setup a new base we should be looking at how we can tell them to vacate Diego Garcia.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles