Transforming India's Concept of Marriage

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Lot of discussion on marriage and love etc. I wonder why I should marry. I'm sick of girls and their demands (not necessarily financial, but also time-wise, emotionally, etc.) as it is.

Since this thread is about "transforming India's concept of marriage", is there any out-of-the-box way wherein we can have a mutually respectable relationship without all the emotional overload? Where both parties get their needs fulfilled (financially, security-wise, sexually, etc.) and also have a reasonable "arms-length distance" where they dutifully respect each others' privacy and personal space/time?

Personally I would just love to remain single, but that doesn't fulfill my need of "someone to return home to later in life", and sexual needs. Girls get really too demanding after a short period of time (again, I am not talking necessarily about financial stuff but also about time devoted, behaviour, behaviour and interaction with other third parties, etc.).

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Lot of discussion on marriage and love etc. I wonder why I should marry. I'm sick of girls and their demands (not necessarily financial, but also time-wise, emotionally, etc.) as it is.

Since this thread is about "transforming India's concept of marriage", is there any out-of-the-box way wherein we can have a mutually respectable relationship without all the emotional overload? Where both parties get their needs fulfilled (financially, security-wise, sexually, etc.) and also have a reasonable "arms-length distance" where they dutifully respect each others' privacy and personal space/time?

Personally I would just love to remain single, but that doesn't fulfill my need of "someone to return home to later in life", and sexual needs. Girls get really too demanding after a short period of time (again, I am not talking necessarily about financial stuff but also about time devoted, behaviour, behaviour and interaction with other third parties, etc.).
Poor guy! Only want +ves.

Rashna

Country flag
This is my personal opinion so please don't take it as some kind of gospel truth.

I don't think women are in to emotional overload at all. I also do not understand what problem u have with emotional give and take? I mean even animals show some respect and caring for each other once in a while. I think the reason you are feeling stressed out is because you haven't committed yourself to one person. If you do then that fact will get communicated to her even if you don't say it. Once she is secure that you aren't playing with her she will be a lot more comfortable for you to be with. If you do not value your relationship with her then better don't take it forward. It will die a natural death.

Rashna

Country flag
Kapal bhati me kaunsi ashleelta hai? Ajab desh ki gazab kahani. Phir kehte hai shadi nahi hoti.:rolleyes:

Kapal bhati karta hu to gharwalle khte hai asleelta mat pahalo ghar mai :/

chit hmara to shant hai but baba ramdev bade bhadkille hai

anupamsurey

Country flag
One Important point i want to mention is that, educated girls now a days want to move to metros. when i went to see a girl, we were allowed to talk in a room (to get familiarized with each other), the Initial talks went smoothly, we talked about education, jobs, salary (i have more than decent one), likes, dislike, etc. But my heart stopped, when she asked- can i shift to Banglore, hyderabad, or Pune (i understood it because she's an Engineer and we live in a tier 2 city). my reply was, i hate the lifestyle in Metros and like calm, and serenity of small cities.

the girl rejected my proposal, even though her parents tried to convince her...this is the classic example of women empowerment.

anupamsurey

Country flag

no we cant, but the Osho's followers will be more than happy with your proposal.:lol:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
This is my personal opinion so please don't take it as some kind of gospel truth.

I don't think women are in to emotional overload at all. I also do not understand what problem u have with emotional give and take? I mean even animals show some respect and caring for each other once in a while. I think the reason you are feeling stressed out is because you haven't committed yourself to one person. If you do then that fact will get communicated to her even if you don't say it. Once she is secure that you aren't playing with her she will be a lot more comfortable for you to be with. If you do not value your relationship with her then better don't take it forward. It will die a natural death.
LOL, you didn't understand my point at all. I have no problems with "emotional give and take". My point was that girls begin imposing a lot of extraneous "conditions" and high expectations, which keeps increasing with time. This increase in "conditions" results in extremely squeezed kind of life, to the detriment of what I actually want to do and the way I want to be. The thing is, its never like this initially (early days of relationship). It begins to become this way as the days progress.

Anyway, you won't understand, leave it. ;)

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

Wow.
I thought you were going to marry to a small village girl and get yourself a free maid. This was like 2 years ago and I'm surprised you haven't followed through with your plan yet.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Wow.
I thought you were going to marry to a small village girl and get yourself a free maid. This was like 2 years ago and I'm surprised you haven't followed through with your plan yet.
I thought you were going to commit suicide and relieve yourself of the burden of existence!! Howcome you are still alive?

Stop lying idiot.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Guys I am telling you this will destroy the Indian chances at wealth and prosperity.

Rashna

Country flag
This proves my point just how much off the rocker you are. You are making me laugh a lot which is good for me, so carry on being funny but don't cross the line. Or u know the script well.......

@Rashna you are an anarchist and so was jesus.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Rashna you are an anarchist and so was jesus.
So is Kejriwal.

Therefore by your usual logic that being the logic of the undistributed middle:

@Rashna = Jesus
Jesus = Kejriwal
Therefore, Rashna = Kejriwal!

Does indicate the confusion in your thinking, wherein you are mixing up even the genders.

Rashna

Country flag
What about the conditions you are imposing? The important thing is that the conditions imposed by both must not become suffocating. If you are open to a relationship with all its foibles you will be happier. You can't write some script and expect the main character to conform to it, that's not how it works in real life. You have also totally ignored "individualism" for the girl while putting complete emphasis on yours.

The problem with some Indian males is they haven't yet grown up to the fact that you can't have a well educated person behaving like a doll whose responses are conditioned to your expectations. The easier way would be to go the Japanese way and opt for a siri like companion. :lol:

[video]http://trutube.tv/video/15843/Japanese-Men-amp-Virtual-Girlfriends-BBC-Oct-2013[/video]

LOL, you didn't understand my point at all. I have no problems with "emotional give and take". My point was that girls begin imposing a lot of extraneous "conditions" and high expectations, which keeps increasing with time. This increase in "conditions" results in extremely squeezed kind of life, to the detriment of what I actually want to do and the way I want to be. The thing is, its never like this initially (early days of relationship). It begins to become this way as the days progress.

Anyway, you won't understand, leave it. ;)

Rashna

Country flag
lol. That's what i was thinking too.

So is Kejriwal.

Therefore by your usual logic that being the logic of the undistributed middle:

@Rashna = Jesus
Jesus = Kejriwal
Therefore, Rashna = Kejriwal!

Does indicate the confusion in your thinking, wherein you are mixing up even the genders.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
What about the conditions you are imposing? The important thing is that the conditions imposed by both must not become suffocating. If you are open to a relationship with all its foibles you will be happier. You can't write some script and expect the main character to conform to it, that's not how it works in real life. You have also totally ignored "individualism" for the girl while putting complete emphasis on yours.

The problem with some Indian males is they haven't yet grown up to the fact that you can't have a well educated person behaving like a doll whose responses are conditioned to your expectations. The easier way would be to go the Japanese way and opt for a siri like companion. :lol:
LOL, that's why I told you, you wouldn't understand. Coz' I never really explained it comprehensively - coz' I didn't want to whine here too much.

But look at what you've done - without even knowing what I am talking about (I never explained it precisely, did I) - you've gone down the stereotyping route, putting your own ideas of "Indian males" and "individualism" and "expecting well educated person to behave like a doll". This is the issue when it comes to Feminist-type thinking :troll: (hides under rock).

For your information, I want and expect individualism from a girl. My problem is "lack of individualism". Let me explain this in more detail, give me a few hours.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles