TRAINING for engineers

SPIEZ

Country flag
Can anyone tell me what sort of training does an engineer undergo? Both physical and academic.

agentperry

first year guys dont have to think about that. try for attending plant visits and take some training in second year. both summer and winter if ur clg agrees to. then apply for a nice internship in 3rd year. work hard to get a ppo and ur life is set.

SPIEZ

Country flag
What about the people who have completed their engineering ???

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
^^You mean Masters Degree?
No training after B.Tech imo.

agentperry

for those who are in mtech. get into good projects. perform well. thats the only thing they need to do.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I meant Bachelors degree. Cmon there has got to be some training

Oracle

Engineers does not undergo any training.

During college days - booze, girls, class bunks etc

In an IT company - Training on languages, db, Quality control etc.

Oracle

Depending upon which college you attend, you'd have a project in 7th sem or 8th.

No physical training whatsoever. NCC is there, but not mandatory.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
What sort of training you are referring to?
Be clear.
If its industrial training then its at the end of the 6th semester(3rd year), apart from that you may do courses to supplement your core branch.

SPIEZ

Country flag
I have finished my engg this year from a private college. I would like to know both about the physical training and academic training( if any exists) in the IN

SPIEZ

Country flag
Because i felt that this would be helpfull to all those who are interested in joining the navy sir !!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Regarding Physical exercise:
This may look hard but the requirement is same for advance courses in SF, If you have time try to archive some of it..

Indian SF aka commando in any branch is same as above info..

SPIEZ

Country flag
Regarding Physical exercise:
This may look hard but the requirement is same for advance courses in SF, If you have time try to archive some of it..

Indian SF aka commando in any branch is same as above info..
LOL looks easy !!!!!!!

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Because i felt that this would be helpfull to all those who are interested in joining the navy sir !!!
Ok. Guys can we please not turn it into career counseling section. I'm not aware if that is one of the areas DFI was meant to be for.
Sorry if I sound a bit apprehensive, I like good things unchanged :p. We can always have it on sidelines though, like we have one Jokes thread in Members corner.
Same ways an "Armed Forces Career Thread" in Members section can help contain future outbursts of such queries from spilling over in the forum and queries if any, will get due visibility as well.

Regards,
Virendra

SPIEZ

Country flag
Ok. Guys can we please not turn it into career counseling section. I'm not aware if that is one of the areas DFI was meant to be for.
Sorry if I sound a bit apprehensive, I like good things unchanged :p. We can always have it on sidelines though, like we have one Jokes thread in Members corner.
Same ways an "Armed Forces Career Thread" in Members section can help contain future outbursts of such queries from spilling over in the forum and queries if any, will get due visibility as well.

Regards,
Virendra

Actually if we did go to any other forum esp US army, navy or air force forum they re open to discussion about practically anything. there are online articles from marines, f-16 pilots etc about training, careers . Thought it would be nice to get an idea about training from people who are in the service, if anyboy does comeby they would find this usefull.

Try googling ROYAL armu, or a day int he life of a marine if you dont buy what i m saying.

Oracle

If I am not wrong, a guy who has passed Engg would be posted as a Lieutenant in the IA, if he can clear all the hurdles. Kunal am I right?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Anyone pass from NDA, OTA or IMA, the first rank is Lieutenant ( LT 2 STARS ) ..

Last edited:

Oracle

Kunal, would you stop calling me Da?

You are making me an Uncle in here. I am already frustated with all the kids in my neighbor calling me Uncle. I am not even married.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles