Tom Hardy to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond?

kseeker

Retired
Tom Hardy | Tom Hardy to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond? | Contactmusic.com

'The Dark Knight Rises' star Tom Hardy is being lined up as Daniel Craig's successor once the actor steps down from his role as big screen spy James Bond.

Tom Hardy is reportedly being lined up to replace Daniel Craig as James Bond.
The 'Dark Knight Rises' star is at the top of the list to take over from the 'Skyfall' actor once his time as the fictional British spy comes to an end after his next two films.

An insider told the Daily Star Sunday newspaper: ''Although Craig is signed up for the next two Bond films the search for his replacement is already on.
''Tom is right at the top of the wish list. He's been approached to gauge his interest and he's keen.''
The 35-year-old actor has been described as ''perfect Bond material'' and he comes with a great reputation.
The source said: ''He's a respected actor with a great catalogue of films but most importantly he's the type of guy that all men want to be like and all women want to be with.
''He's perfect Bond material.''
Hardy has previously expressed a keen interest to play the big screen secret agent, and the saga's bosses are determined to make the right decision by casting the right man in the iconic role.
The insider added: ''The Bond franchise is getting more popular than ever.
''Getting the next Bond right is crucial to guarantee continued success and Hardy is seen as the man to do that.''

What are your choices ?

hitesh

Yes MI5 agents should not be based on looks but there academics performance should be look at ,007 should be able to solve complex calculus and nuclear codes ,he should be playing SUDOKO in his free time instead of flirting with hot babes .....And he should have some programming skills at-least in PHP or .net so i could discuss some projects with him ......other wise these agents are of no use for saving lone gone United kingdom

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
That spoiler tag is bothering me.

kseeker

Retired
This guy, who doesn't know how to tie a proper knot, and forgets to shave, is James Bond? Don't make me spit my spleen out laughing!
It appears that, he is already a favorite aspirant.

Twinblade

Country flag
This guy, who doesn't know how to tie a proper knot, and forgets to shave, is James Bond? Don't make me spit my spleen out laughing!
Full disclosure: Tom Hardy Fanboy here.

Tom hardy is one of the best actors around and can play a posh wanker and a gritty ex SF super spy at the same time. This guy can put on weight and drop it on a drop of a hat.

kseeker

Retired
A hypothetical question, if you were given an opportunity to nominate 5 JB aspirants post Daniel Craig, what are your 5 choices ?

Here are mine.

1. Ryan Reynolds

2. Colin Farrell

3. Paul Walker

4. Chris Pine

5. Arjun Rampal

pmaitra

@Twinblade, credit where due. I will give him credit for all the hard work he put in towards getting a well sculpted body. He still needs to shave and learn how to tie a tie before posing in front of the camera in a formal attire.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twinblade

Country flag
@Twinblade, credit where due. I will give him credit for all the hard work he put in towards getting a well sculpted body. He still needs to shave and learn how to tie a tie before posing in front of the camera in a formal attire.
Having watched every single one of his movies, I can affirm that the guy can act. He stands a class apart even in the crappiest of movies and would make a terrific Bond. His worst role till date in my book is as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises because his facial expressions were hidden under the mask. Anyhow Craig will still appear for the next two Bond movies and the current generation of established actors from UK would be too old to play Bond. All except Tom Hardy and Christian Bale, who would make an equally kickass Bond.

@kseeker Only actors from UK have been allowed to play Bond, the only exception being George Lazenby who lasted only one film.

kseeker

Retired
@kseeker Only actors from UK have been allowed to play Bond, the only exception being George Lazenby who lasted only one film.
I understand that mate, that's why I had mentioned it as a hypothetical question ;)

hitesh

REMEMBER THE MOVIE WHERE HE PLAYED AN UNBEATABLE BOXER AND LOST TO HIS BROTHER IN THE END ,HE LOOKED FURIOUS .....

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
My pick, in order of preference:

Benedict Cumberbatch

Clive Owen

Scott Adkins

kseeker

Retired
My pick, in order of preference:

Benedict Cumberbatch

Clive Owen

Scott Adkins
Benedict Cumberbatch looks like chocolate boy. Other two are solid contenders, especially Scott Adkins.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Chocolate boy? See him in Star Trek:Into the Darkness

I think he is the perfect Bond. Sophisticated, cunning and vigorous.

Benedict Cumberbatch looks like chocolate boy. Other two are solid contenders, especially Scott Adkins.

WMD

Most of these actors are quite famous, part of James Bond has always been played by relatively unknown faces.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles