Toilet-themed restaurant in China flushed with success

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by Daredevil, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Toilet-themed restaurant in China flushed with success

AGENCIES, Jan 15, 2011, 01.01pm IST

Signature dishes include 'excrement ice cream' and 'toilet bowl hot pot':rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Beijing Diners in China are overcoming their reservations by flocking to a new toilet-themed restaurant where business is booming.

Customers at the Modern Toilet restaurant, in Kunming, Yunnan province, eat on seats converted from toilets.

Urinals hang on the walls as decorations and signature dishes include 'excrement ice cream', 'toilet bowl hot pot' and 'fried poo sticks'.

Owner Xu Liang says the restaurant has proved more popular than expected with students, in particular, keen to try the experience.

"We had a survey before opening, and 20 per cent of people wanted to try it, 60 per cent weren't sure, while only 20 per cent found the idea unacceptable," he said.

"Sometimes unusual combinations can work. A toilet and a restaurant are complete opposites but combined together they make for a unique experience."

Regular customer Yang Siwen, a university student, has eaten at the restaurant three times since it opened two weeks ago.

"I originally went in because I thought it was a toilet but then discovered it was a restaurant and decided to give it a try," she said.

3. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Next time when you go to China be careful to choose the correct retaurant and toilet otherwise you might be caught unawares like going for Toilet and actually finding the restaurant and vice-versa. :D

4. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Regular Member

They had a restaurant like that in Japan.

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Unless one is perennially constipated, why should a toilet prove a delight on which one has to sit to eat?

I have not understood the psychology that makes one ecstatic to eat and pretend to defecate simultaneously.

6. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

WTF with the names of the dishes.....How can any sane person eat at some place like this? :D

7. amoy

amoy Senior Member Senior Member

http://v.ku6.com/show/uChoZZGwS_24O5EJ.html 《《 here's a video abt such a restaurant. it looks not bad. to my surprise there're a few of that kind in China. And this one is in my city (+_+) in the video, in additon to Kunming, Shenzhen
    life is too boring. we all need some 'stimulus' for a change

8. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

I dont know but "far east" people seem to have a thing for it.

9. gogbot

gogbot Regular Member

Dude

Who actually invests money in these hair brain schemes.