Thyssen-Krupp seeking a buyer for its naval business group

Zebra

Country flag
Please refer to the last paragraph of Post #12.
Now I am referring your post #12.

Home | Tata Steel in Europe

Tata Steel in Europe

Tata Steel is Europe's second largest steel producer, with steelmaking in the UK and Netherlands, and manufacturing plants across Europe. The company supplies products and services to the most demanding markets, including construction, automotive, packaging, rail, lifting & excavating, energy & power and aerospace.
Does any aerospace company of EU cry against Tata Steel (EU) ?

If not, then what are the reason to cry against this one.

On top of it that Indian company can keep continue all the operations including Indian also. IMO.

It is possible specially when India is going closer to west.

pmaitra

Last edited by a moderator:

Zebra

Country flag
@Casper,

You said:

I responded to that with this:

You came up with this.

The rest of your post has nothing to do with producing submarines in India (like that Thyssen-Krupp Branch in Pakistan you mentioned).
Are you replying for the sake of it?

Let me know, I am happy to stop replying your post.

Zebra

Country flag
^^

I am more interesting in one of Indian company gets TKMS.

As it will help India.

pmaitra

Are you replying for the sake of it?

Let me know, I am happy to stop replying your post.
I think you are replying for the sake of it.

If you have nothing to talk about regarding the last paragraph of Post #12, then please stop responding and be happy about it.

Zebra

Country flag
I think you are replying for the sake of it.

If you have nothing to talk about regarding the last paragraph of Post #12, then please stop responding and be happy about it.
Post here again that specific matter only.

power_monger

Country flag
Last time Suzlon bought Repower and it did really struggle to get technology transfer. Suzlon had virtually squeeze out every share out there in public and finally they were able to touch technology. So the details i am looking for is

1) Is this sell for complete wonership or for only majority shares? remember in germany even if you 75% shares,you will still struggle to share technology if minority shareholders report that it is against their intrest.
2) What are the technologies which this unit offers?How are their Design units functional?This buy is more for technology than anything else.
3) Will Europe allow it to be sold to non-european countries?

Zebra

Country flag
Last time Suzlon bought Repower and it did really struggle to get technology transfer. Suzlon had virtually squeeze out every share out there in public and finally they were able to touch technology. So the details i am looking for is

1) Is this sell for complete wonership or for only majority shares? remember in germany even if you 75% shares,you will still struggle to share technology if minority shareholders report that it is against their intrest.
2) What are the technologies which this unit offers?How are their Design units functional?This buy is more for technology than anything else.
3) Will Europe allow it to be sold to non-european countries?
First of they are offering total three facilities in all (as per the report in post #1).......

The German industrial conglomerate ThyssenKrupp is seeking to divest the remaining assets related to submarine construction – under its Marine Systems (TKMS) business group, operating three divisions – submarines (formerly HDW in Kiel), military surface vessels (at Emden and Hamburg) and services (at Kiel and Hamburg).
Getting ToT that is one point out of many others.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Indian firms could buy thyssen krupp, however I'm sure there will be riders attached by the EU. However there is a lot of submarine building expertise that can be gained from cross exposure of Indian engineers and technicians in the German yards.
We can try to get this firm however the legal clarifications need to be worked out before any financial commitment can be made.

Zebra

Country flag
Different profile dude. Nothing to do with MOD and its ridiculously inefficient bureaucracy.
I posted it when you said Indian companies can't manage finance for such big deal.

Here check what you said.....
Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
I don't think that private players are ready for that kind of investment. Despite a new government at helm, things are changing at snail's pace in MOD. No radical reforms have taken place so far.
So I provide some links that if Indian companies can go for nuke industry and if they can manage finance for it also, then what is wrong in it here.

On top of it, a couple of years back RIL was ready for ship building business also.

Zebra

Country flag
Indian firms could buy thyssen krupp, however I'm sure there will be riders attached by the EU. However there is a lot of submarine building expertise that can be gained from cross exposure of Indian engineers and technicians in the German yards.
We can try to get this firm however the legal clarifications need to be worked out before any financial commitment can be made.
Many thanks.

Last edited:

blueblood

I posted it when you said Indian companies can't manage finance for such big deal.

Here check what you said.....

So I provide some links that if Indian companies can go for nuke industry and if they can manage finance for it also, then what is wrong in it here.

On top of it, a couple of years back RIL was ready for ship building business also.
No mate, its not just about finances. Largest Indian acquisition was Tata Corus. This is likely to be much much larger than that.

Second, Europeans won't let it go easily.

Third, IIRC in the Jag-Rover deal tata was prohibited from transferring any tech to India. If we are to consider that as template then the whole idea falls flat.

Fourth, there is no guarantee that once the company is aquired everything will be peachy. IIRC, Kalyani's Bharat 52 was refused range time by army so it couldn't be tested until the tender is reissued.

MKU, one of largest manufacturers of BPJ find it difficult to sell a single unit to the MOD citing pricing issues.

Conclusion, more risk less reward.

Zebra

Country flag
No mate, its not just about finances. Largest Indian acquisition was Tata Corus. This is likely to be much much larger than that.

Second, Europeans won't let it go easily.

Third, IIRC in the Jag-Rover deal tata was prohibited from transferring any tech to India. If we are to consider that as template then the whole idea falls flat.

Fourth, there is no guarantee that once the company is aquired everything will be peachy. IIRC, Kalyani's Bharat 52 was refused range time by army so it couldn't be tested until the tender is reissued.

MKU, one of largest manufacturers of BPJ find it difficult to sell a single unit to the MOD citing pricing issues.

Conclusion, more risk less reward.
Let's hope this time it goes well.

What else I can say.

Neil

Country flag
@Casper the government will need to demonstrate that opening up defence sector is not mere words but in action. U cant expect RIL or L&T to invest such huge capital in purchasing the companies and then argue in favor of PSU and say private players have no experience and blah blah blah..

also another factor to that comes into play is will Germany allow such sale? Hell will EU allow such sale since companies across Europe are involved.

sorcerer

Country flag
I agree with @pmaitra on this.
With India's long term ambition to get into commerce of defence, the technical bans on export (post take over) will curtail freedom in business. Usually the defence deals and politics are so well interlinked that its diffficult for any company to pitch in sale with mucho political support.

pmaitra

I agree with @pmaitra on this.
With India's long term ambition to get into commerce of defence, the technical bans on export (post take over) will curtail freedom in business. Usually the defence deals and politics are so well interlinked that its diffficult for any company to pitch in sale with mucho political support.
Thank you Sir.

I think @Casper's intentions are noble. He wants India to get access to advanced technology as an end result. I think where he is mistaken is the method to arrive at that end result. The method, as he is suggesting, i.e. buying that facility, will not enable India to get any advanced technology, given the EU regulations.

Zebra

Country flag
@Casper the government will need to demonstrate that opening up defence sector is not mere words but in action. U cant expect RIL or L&T to invest such huge capital in purchasing the companies and then argue in favor of PSU and say private players have no experience and blah blah blah..

also another factor to that comes into play is will Germany allow such sale? Hell will EU allow such sale since companies across Europe are involved.
Sir, I did it, that is true.

But only once and that was against Kalyani howitzer.

I still stand on my point for that matter.

-------

On other hand I preferred GoI should allow L&T to design and make their own submarine.

And for finance and other govts will allow it or not, all these can be sort out, once GoI decide their target.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles