The Physical Fitness Thread

What do you prefer?

• Good body shape only, strength doesn't matter to me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate excercise.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Honestly dude, I had to go through a lot of pain to make this transition. It is very painful to get to mainly boiled stuff, having grown up on Indian spices.

It is really a lot of pain.
I see your pain and am going through it. This summer will give me some time to bring my culinary skills up to edible levels. So I m looking for recipes that are healthy and easy to make. :)

Anyway, there are gains from that pain. Lasses hit on you. . ;)
:evil: :cool2:

pmaitra

I see your pain and am going through it. This summer will give me some time to bring my culinary skills up to edible levels. So I m looking for recipes that are healthy and easy to make. :)

:evil: :cool2:
You will do well, I am sure.

Just say no to fatty and oily stuff.

Have a lot of green chillies, but avoid that red chilli powder.

All the best to you. :)

Twinblade

Country flag
The Official DFI Health/Fitness thread.

I thought it would be a good idea to start a health/fitness thread. Lets share our work out regimes whether gym, sports, running, swimming, plain old "work out at home" spartan style fitness training or crossfit. Also, if you have successfully gained lean muscle mass or lost weight following a particular diet and workout combo, it would be great to hear your experience (and also how to deal with injuries).

Twinblade

Country flag
I am a civilian.

If you practice, you can easily do 90 pushups. No biggie.

Moreover, my diet is very atypical of a Bengali.

I do not eat rice, absolutely not. I also eat just one chapati per meal.

I eat a lot of veggies, usually boiled with little or no oil. I take broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, red bell peppers and asparagus regularly. These help secrete hormones that assist in muscle growth. I also eat a lot of eggs, chicken and red meat (mainly for iron). Then there is whey that I take.

I avoid pizza and anything that has cheese.

If you see my picture, you can see that I am not exactly fat. ;)
At last, someone who follows the same diet as I do.

That's great.

Also, try not to do it too fast. I usually keep my feet on a box (a low table if you will), and have two dumb-bells to rest my palms on. This way, when I lower my torso, my chest is actually below the level of my palms.
Whenever I try to lower myself that far, a tendon or two snap in my neck or back and I can't work out for a couple of days :frusty: I have restricted myself to keeping my back to just a couple of inches below my elbows in the lowest position.

Any how, the current work out regime:
Push ups : 5x 40(average)
Ab crunches : 5x40
Swimming : Just 15 laps for now, trying to add one lap every couple of days.

mki

well so far i do only shab-aasan for 8-9 hours daily....and most time at work at the most i can do is to stand or little walk...... otherwise all the time i have to put my fat arse at my chair.......

I can do 20 pushup in single set.... that all.......

I believe i am too lazy to do exercise.... tipical big tummy gujju......

prahladh

Respected Member
does someone know where I can learn Parkour in Bangalore?

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Bodybuilding & Nutrition

Not sure how many members here are Bodybuilding/Nutrition enthusiasts. I am one, so here's a thread to share interesting information on these subjects. All aspiring, current and veteran bodybuilders, those seeking tips on nutrition and martial arts welcome. :namaste:

First, a couple of videos on Nutrition, diet and Exercise studied using scientific tests:

Last edited by a moderator:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Do you not use the kettle-bell Tovarish?

Anyway, I did 110 pushups few hours ago. :)
I don't generally do pushups so not sure what's the max I will be able to do. But probably about 50 or so in one go.

It's a good idea to add variety to your exercise regimen. When you do the same exercise every time, those muscles that are involved to a particular extent for that specific exercise will be developed, but not other muscles or parts of those muscles which will be required to do similar, but different exercises.

So for example, if you only do 10 sets of incline bench press twice a week for 12 weeks, you will develop your chest muscles, but that exercise won't allow you to lift the same amount of weight for a flat bench press, as a slightly different part of the pecs is emphasized for the flat vs incline press.

My exercise regimen for Chest:

Flat bench press (power cage) 5-6 sets, 6-12 reps per set

Flat bench press (Smith machine) 5 sets, 5-10 reps

Incline bench press (Smith machine) 5 sets, 6-12 reps

Incline dumbbell press 5 sets, 6-12 reps

Cable flyes 4-5 sets, 6-12 reps

Dumbbell Pullover 4-5 sets, 6-15 reps

Dumbbell flyes 4-5 sets, 5-15 reps

I try to do at least 7 exercises for each muscle group because that variety is important to develop different parts of that muscle. Although, it typically takes me 1.5 to 2 hours to do all depending on the muscle group. :(

I do 3 days weights, and 1 or 2 days cardio. Cardio is typically running for 35 minutes straight (without stopping/walking) or on exercise bike for 45 mins. I know I'm done when the "Calories expended" shows 400-450. :)

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Re: Bodybuilding & Nutrition

Maybe this can be merged with the other one then.

Now a video on bodybuilding and why you should stay away from steroids:

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Re: Bodybuilding & Nutrition

pmaitra

I do 3 days weights, and 1 or 2 days cardio. Cardio is typically running for 35 minutes straight (without stopping/walking) or on exercise bike for 45 mins. I know I'm done when the "Calories expended" shows 400-450. :)
This tells me you are in better shape than I am. :)

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^But I'm pretty sure I can't do 90 pushups without rest. :)

I did a lot of cardio for 4 months straight, 4 times a week and 45 minutes each time on the exercise bike cuz I wanted to lose weight. Lost 30 pounds and I'm loving the new look. As with any exercise, the more you do it, the easier it gets and your body gets accustomed to it. ;)

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
One of the famous documentaries of Arnold's time about bodybuilding:

SPIEZ

Country flag
Try picking up a sport..... That's probably the best way to stay fit.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^Bodybuilding is a sport. And it will keep you more fit overall than any other sport can. :)

SPIEZ

Country flag
^^Bodybuilding is a sport. And it will keep you more fit overall than any other sport can. :)
That's a very common myth. Try asking Arnold to run a marathon and you ll know the answer.
However being fit is not being ripped and vice versa

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles