The frozen tears of Malabar

ashdoc

Country flag
report chapter was gruesome . writing was good and it seemed like copy/paste from some hindutva website even though i assume you wrote it yourself .

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
report chapter was gruesome . writing was good and it seemed like copy/paste from some hindutva website even though i assume you wrote it yourself .
I admit it is a copy /paste but the information was freely availabe on wikipedia @ashdoc

I just reportized it
But any way thank you for your kind words
Do keep reviweing the same

Last edited:

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 8 Causalities

Yesterday’s report reading had left Renjith more determined to get to the end of this and bring closure to the families of the victims

As he arranged previous reports and data that he had researched and collated,

He reached for his great granddad’s dairy once again but this time he had an ominous feel to it

But yet he gulped on and opened it any way

Date: 28/8/1920

Dearest dairy,

I don’t know what to say I have lost it all everything has been lost my family has been ripped apart

Thanks to the Khilafat movement.

And to its goons they buried my dreams and wishes in the courtyard of my home

Here she sleeps like a bride waiting to be awoken by a kiss

Here they sleep like princess and princes after a long days play

With them shall my soul lay in wait for my body to join in eternal slumber?

And union till that day dawns I shall wait painfully and do all my duty

As dictated by fate

But yet in all this gloom there is one ray of hope I can cling to my youngest son

Has survived by some miracle of the gods

But I know I shall not see her again never feel her

Here her whine and croon again never see her kiss me through squinted eyes

My lady my love my other half

How have I failed to save you from the bestiality that was trespassed on you?

I can’t describe the form I saw you in your head chopped of your eyes those black deep eyes gouged out

Cut marks on your body those monsters didn’t spare in death I saw they violated you in the vilest form

Our kids were just chopped up and scattered in the courtyard

Today the old Shanmukham Raman Nair Is dead

It is my rebirth today

Regards

Shanmukham Raman Nair

Renjith was pained to see the transformation of main pressurized by fate and circumstance from a happy go lucky person to a stoic no-nonsense hard working aristocrat who never showed any emotion what so ever

Sachindra Shanmukham Raman Nair placed his hand on his grand child and spoke

“ Now you see why my father was so aloof when you asked question he was what you might call a quintenssenal Victorian gentlemen who buried there pain and sufferings within himself and moved on with their life

In those days it was not considered proper for a man to show his emotions there for he dedicated himself to his job and rebuilt the family

He was a wonderful man turned to stone by the rebellion

You could say that the greatest causality of any conflict was the jovial mind my father is a prime example of a physiologically dead person

Look closely you can see that he has changed his handwriting to my mother’s

Renjith was reminded yet again that It was true the first causality was always the inner person

mayfair

Thanks for the update @F-14B

After the madness that is LoC thread, a breath of fresh air would an understatement.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 9 Broken families

It has been a week since Renjith had red the dairy entry that his great grandad wrote

In his spare time he would close his eyes and think what might have went through the families that went through this ordeal ???

He shuddered to think of the orphans and widows that this incessant bloodletting had

And frustrate him due to the fact that the person who was to shock him was none other than the father of the nation

Unknowing this the young man took the dairy yet again and turned to a page to revel an entry that would shake him even more

Date: 2/9/1920

Dear Dairy,

I don’t know what should I do should I cry of the pain or get myself admitted to an Insane Asylum

The so called paragon of peace is nothing but a wolf dressed in sheep’s clothing

Apparently that dastardly two faced liar not only tacitly approved of this genocide but had the Gail to justify this most

Barbaric of acts he has the vanity of calling those who destroyed my family

“Among the bravest in the land. They are brave God-fearing Moplas who were fighting for what they consider as religion and in a manner which they consider as religious. Whilst I was in Calcutta, I had what seemed definitive information that there were only three cases of forced conversions ... but I do not think it seriously interferes with Hindu-Muslim Unity.”

To hell with Hindu Muslim unity if this is the kind of unity he wants

It sickens me to write but I end this horrid dairy entry with some simple but haunting questions

If not the rebellion who is responsible for the death of 1500 of my brethren?

If not the madness who is responsible for 2000 force full conversions??

All these questions will have to answered

And you Mr. Gandhi shall be judged by fate herself this I promise

Regards

Shanmukham Raman Nair

This was the moment that Renjith’s mind snapped for him this was the time he had to face the bitter truth

He called in to question the whole histyograph that was thought to him

All his life he had labeled himself a secularist and had represented the

Classical nehruvian string of though so much was he deeply wedded with this thought that he would

Sly anyone who he saw as a right winger with what he thought as “facts”

But after reading this all that was called in to question

With raging anger and doubt in his mind he proceeded to read the dairy once more

Date: 6/9/1920

Dear Dairy,

I have asked my remaining relatives to send for my son to move with me

The young boy might be living through a hellish nightmare now

I have arrange for his admission to the Maharaja's College in Mysore

As I have also been transferred as Chief sectary to the H.H. the maharajahs govern

mint of Mysore

I am supposed to report in a months’ time this will be welcome change to my dearest son

As this will allow him to start a new in a foreign land and me himself busy

I wish that he follows me in to the ICS but then I think he is the master of

His own destiny

But I do pray to god that he has the courage to face up to life

My dear boy has gone through a lot and I feel like a monster for putting him through this but then he needs a change

Regards

Shanmukham Raman Nair

Renjith was once again lost in thought he closed his eyes and thought of the exodus that his grandfather had to face as a young man

And drifted off to a fitful sleep

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 10 Exodus

Renjith’s grandfather approached him the next and spoke to him “you see now why I could speak kanada and tulu so fluently don’t you

Let me very frank with you I was not at all happy with my father’s decision to move me to Mysore

But I didn’t speak a word against it may be because I was starting to feel lonely and

Sad due to fact that I missed my mother and my other siblings

But I feel that interlude in Mysore was the one thing that changed my life

For the better at first all I wanted was revenge then it turned in to a drive to excel

My father used to say if you work hard your mother’s soul would be happy and contented

My Mysore interlude also saved me from becoming involved in the left wing politics that had come to dominate our areas during the period

But all this could not mask the fact that our family was irreparable broken and it would take an eon to make it all right “

And for that I had to bare this enforced exodus I was one of the thousands of Hindus

of malabar that let our birthplace in the face Of wonton barbarism of people

whom we thought as our own but we had to live in the face of it all

everyone talks about the great bloodletting called the portion or the 1984 and Sikh riots or the exodus of the Kashmiri pundits from Jammu and Kashmir in 1988-90 I know how it feels like because

the blue print for all these atrocities was the malabar rebellion of 1920-23 but no one will talk about us

of our silent exodus or the barbarities we witnessed”

Last edited:

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 11 Restart

Renjith spoke to his grandfather about his Mysore interlude as he called it

But he wanted to know about life after the rebellion and how was the family bought back again from the brink of destruction

He asked his grandfather for some answers

His grandfather spoke to him yet again “when I joined on the 10th of September 1920 my first days at the Mysore maharaja’s was horrid to speak in very polite terms

But latter on became the best 3 years of my life

Classes used to start at sharp 8 and we had a highly regimented class system I very soon was the talk of the class

As the son of the Chief sectary to the H.H. the maharajahs government of Mysore I was bound to the most popular but that was not the only factor that made me popular

My grades we very good bordering excellent and all

We had a wonderful house at the start of brigade road but it was lonely there

We both missed my mother and others my brothers and sisters who had their life cut short by the blade of a mad rebel or rebels “

Then finally when I passed out at the top of my class with honors in BA political incense in 1923

Father sent me to study law at the inner temple after being called to the bar at the Inner temple in 1929-30

I wrote my civil service exams passing my prelims and secondary papers and awaited for the results

As the war had started at that time I was instructed by my father to take over administrations of our estates

Father had asked our PC to draw up a title deed for the transfer of vested powers of admiration to my name

Finally I returned back to my home town and took up the reins of the estate

As the 5th prince of Vadakaka kolikal, Vadakan tirur kovilanagdi amsham, Eranadu

Due to the war I was inducted as a uncoveted civil services officer and was made the SDM of malabar district as Collector, during those days a collector was the head of the revenue organization, charged with registration, alteration, and partition of holdings; the settlement of disputes; the management of indebted estates; loans to agriculturists, and famine relief. As District Magistrate, he exercised general supervision over the inferior courts and in particular, directed the police work. The office was meant to achieve the "peculiar purpose" of collecting revenue and of keeping the peace. The Superintendent of Police, Inspector General of Jails, the Surgeon General, the Divisional Forest Officer and the Chief Engineer had to inform the Collector of every activity in their Departments. It was hectic

Brick by brick I and my dear father built our family and lives back up again

Rupee by rupee we stabilized our family judiously investing in financial stocks

In land and businesses to the sheer dismay of the uspers of our thorn the so called Khilafat sultan we came back ten times stronger and prouder than before to be what you see today

But it was not the same for all some families were completely wiped out no more

Traces of them other than Oldman’s tales but for me those are not tales

Those were my friends and class mates and sisters all gone for ever

No one to cry for them how true it is that “history is written by the victors and no one listens to laments of the defeated and vanquished”

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 12 Insult to injury

Renjith woke up the next morning after his daily rituals which surprisingly which included a visit to the family temple he had changed he had become more religious and more concentrated on family matters

He had a gut feeling that his grandfather was grooming him to take over the family

But he decide to play along all that aside he reached for his grand dad’s dairy from 1971

He started to read the same

Dear dairy,

Today is a black day in my life not only mine but every victim of the malabar rebellion of 1920-23 today the government of Kerala yes my home state has notified that due to its magnitude and extent, it was an unprecedented popular upheaval, the likes of which has not been seen in Kerala before or since. While the Mappilas were in the vanguard of the movement and bore the brunt of the struggle, several non-Mappila leaders actively sympathized with the rebels' cause, giving the uprising the character of a national upheaval the Government of Kerala officially recognizes the active participants in the events as "freedom fighters".

That is not all The Variyankunnath Kunjahammad Haji memorial town hall will be built in Malappuram Municipality shall be named after the leader of the rebellion while the Tirur Wagon Tragedy memorial town hall will commemorate the incident. The Pookkottur war memorial gate will be dedicated to those killed in the Pookkottur battle

They call the death of 67 rebels as a tragedy so what about my mother my siblings and my siblings the thousands of dishonored women and flayed men the number of dishonored temples

Wasn’t that a tragedy for these people?

Or is it ok because it was the Hindu that bore the brunt of this barbarity???

A spific case comes to mind when I write this entry

...it was not mere fanaticism, it was not agrarian trouble, and it was not destitution, which worked on the minds of Ali Musaliar and his followers. The evidence conclusively shows that it was the influence of the Khilafat and Non-co-operation movements that drove them to their crime. It is (his which distinguishes the present from all previous outbreaks. Their intention was, absurd though it may seem, to subvert the British Government and to substitute a Khilafat Government by force of arms. (Judgement in Case No. 7 of 1921 on the file of the Special Tribunal, Calicut.)

But I hope that one day the wrongs that were committed on us will be bought to light

And the restless spirits given closure and deliverance from their pain

Regards

S.S. Raman Nair

This was not all even after years of this barbaric revolt Renjith found it hard to stomach the fact that

The Maphillas and not the Hindus were the heroes and the victims he found it confusingly bizarre that history would be twisted in such a brutal and sick way but what he felt even more sickening is the fact that

There was that such lies were being taught to young kids because it was the “truth”

He felt that this was wrong no he knew it was wrong and from now on he would no stone unturned to deliver justice to the wandering souls of the victims of the so called rebellion

He promised on his life and walked a head to announce the same to his extended family who had now settled in the grand dining room of his ancestral palace.

ashdoc

Country flag
It is developing into a most engaging story , keep on writing...

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 13 roots

He reached the dining room of his home and gestured for everyone to listen to him

He spoke with command in his voice “tomorrow I and grandfather are going back to tirur”

This sent shock waves albite solemn and silent one through the family Renjith had uttered the T word but everyone knew that Renjith once decided can’t be turned back from his decision

So they quietly agreed to the proposal but as always there was bound to be a voice of descent

This time it was his cousin Ram Nair who considered this all just a folly

He jeered at Renjith as he spoke “well why we are going behind some Oldman’s

All this is a waste of time and money why the heck do we care those who are dead are dead and besides they were just oppressive despots who had it coming for them and their women folk and besides it hastened the end of British rule

So I see the rebellion as a good thing and the freedom fighters who died as true martyrs so yes I don’t support this ill-conceived sham of an expedition”

To this tirade Renjith reacted with a simple quote

“Beware those who twist history shall themselves be twisted by history”

And made his way to his room for some sleep

Early next morning Renjith was on his way to his ancestral home grounds or what used to be his ancestral home as he and his grandfather made their way to area Renjith was unnaturally silent

It seemed that the weather was also mirroring his mod as dark clouds crowded the horizon waiting on the car stereo he switched on to his favorite song

In between all this he took out a photoset of an article from an old defunct newspaper called the Liberator dated of 26th August 1926

“"The original resolution condemned the Moplas wholesale for the killing of Hindus and burning of Hindu homes and the forcible conversion to Islam. The Hindu members themselves proposed amendments till it was reduced to condemning only certain individuals who had been guilty of the above crimes. But some of the Moslem leaders could not bear this even. Maulana Fakir and other Maulanas, of course, opposed the resolution and there was no wonder. But I was surprised, an out-and-out Nationalist like Maulana Hasrat Mohani opposed the resolution on the ground that the Mopla country no longer remained Dar-ul-Aman but became Dar-ul-Harab and they suspected the Hindus of collusion with the British enemies of the Moplas. Therefore, the Moplas were right in presenting the Quran or sword to the Hindus. And if the Hindus became Mussalmans to save themselves from death, it was a voluntary change of faith and not forcible conversion—Well, even the harmless resolution condemning some of the Moplas was not unanimously passed but had to be accepted by a majority of votes only."

As his mind was lost in the cross examination of the said article he heard his

Grandfather call out to him that they had reached the place

As he stepped out of the car it started to rain heavily but some how

Renjith did not want to go fetch an umbrella he just wanted to enjoy

For him and his grandfather they were at their roots

They didn’t mind getting wet at all in the rain as both the men stared at the desolate mansion

Renjith had an urge to explore the remains as for the older man it was a macabre home coming

As both crossed the precinct of the ancient house the outer courtyard was covered in all kind of weeds and grasses

But standing proudly in between all this was a square walled holy basil shrub

As they crossed the threshold of the entrance they saw that the home was stuck in a

Time warp with it becoming an in veritable time capsule for Mr. Nair it was like he had stepped back to his childhood

For Renjith here was where the bloodiest chapter in his family’s history was written

As he continued straight on he exited out the back off the house leading right to the well and a bit further on he found that the house had a small serpent shrine and

A great bath somehow neither Renjith nor his father wanted to go but they knew they had too

As they were about to leave Renjith inadvertently knocked open a door

The older man recognized it as his room all was still there all the furniture that was needed for a set of princes and princesses

As they gingerly entered the room they found a picture frame with all the members of the extended family that was killed in the genocide

Mr. Nair took that photo away with him as a keepsake

As both the gentlemen made their way to the car it was still raining

As Renjith drove of he could swore he saw a women standing and staring at them

From the front verandah he quickly stopped the car and looked back but there was no one there

He thought that it was just a delusion that happened to him because he had been involved in this project with all his heart

he closed the driver side door and carried on back to his home but in his mind the fore lone face of that lady on the verandah would stick with him for a long time

At that time he took a solom vow to get back this house and the adjoining estate no matter whatever the cost

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 14 Coming to terms

It has been 9 months sinces Renjith had started this project of his he had dug up a lot of skeltons in the process

But he knew could not stop it any longer he had resolved himself to fight for the deceased and wronged of malabar

For him he had come to see this as his sacred duty not only to his family but also to the thousands of families that lost a lot in that dance of the macabre called so coolly as the malabar rebellion

To this end he started a blog on the web called the clarion call he made a pain statking blog of all that he had studied about the malabar rebellion

Renjith had been shook to the core the transformation was plain to see

He asked uncomfortable questions about the rebellion and also started pages on

Social media sites questioning the official version of the rebellion

at this time he had abandoned his IAS aspirations and dived in to historical analysis of the malabar rebellions

He was now more involved in the family business and spent more time at the home tending to the commercial interest of the family

But finally Renjith had come to terms with loss of a generation of a family

Though he could still come to terms with the hushed hused tune that the Hindu victims were attributed

As if they were the perpetrators and not the victims

It was already 8:23pm and he was preparing for bed but something in his mind said to him that

he will have to pay a price for his rebellious nature in exposing the sheer double standards that
was prevalent in the study and research of the riot

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
@F-14B

Chapters are good. But the report chapter needs some editing.
It's kinda disturbing the flow. Reports are always painful to read. Info is good but it looks like big dump.

May be you can trim those bullet points and keep it simple and precise.

Or Renjit goes through the reports. And he tells about the important bits in his own words.

You can make it little conversation way between Renjit and his grand dad.

Apart from that, your English is good. Keep it up.

mayfair

I am working on the last chapter any ideas on who to end this will be welcome
To be honest, I would love to see a fantasy ending with the butchers and rapists getting their comeuppance, even if that's now it panned out in real life.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
for all my fans here is a small filler as I am working on the conclusion of the novel
this is actually the preface I wrote for the novel

This novelette is a small and minuscule ode to the more than 1500 victims of the most under reported and wrongly masqueraded human genocides in Indian history

I do not expect that the victims will be recognized and put to rest immedtly

But I feel that they, the wronged also deserve a voice

So I write this novelette for the dead and wronged and forgotten of Malabar

I would like to end this preface with a quote from the petition

Sponsored by the Maharani Nilambur

“These are not fables”

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
for all my fans here is a small filler as I am working on the conclusion of the novel
this is actually the preface I wrote for the novel

This novelette is a small and minuscule ode to the more than 1500 victims of the most under reported and wrongly masqueraded human genocides in Indian history

I do not expect that the victims will be recognized and put to rest immedtly

But I feel that they, the wronged also deserve a voice

So I write this novelette for the dead and wronged and forgotten of Malabar

I would like to end this preface with a quote from the petition

Sponsored by the Maharani Nilambur

“These are not fables”

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Chapter 15 justice at last

Renjith looked at the clock it was only 10:16 pm he thought just then he had an idea why not take all the research he had done to the courts and force the government to acknowledge the victims of this barbarity and build them a memorial .

He searched through his contacts list looking for a suitable friend to look in to the legal side then it struck him.

He took his mobile and rang up Mr Sanju chandran an ace lawyer and a close friend of his the two had met coincidently during their time at the Victoria College at Palakkad.

There was only one issue the man was a wild card and his busy schedule meant that getting him was a hit and miss affair , but still Renjith gave a try he dilled the number and got a busy tone at first , he kept the mobile and waited and tried at sanju’s home .

This time he was lucky sanju picked up the phone and started to speak

“Hello Sanju chandran speaking how may I help you

Renjith: hi man renju here

Sanju: o hi man long time no see how are you man?

Renjith: I am fine what about you?

Sanju: I am fine dear

Renjith :man I need a favour I wanted to know which all sections of the IPC cover the act of rioting ??

Sanju: why are you going to appear for your bar exams? Just joking

Renjith: no man this is for a serious matter you remember the project I told you about ya the one about the malabar rebellion I am planning to launch a case against two prominent parties for their role in covering up the brutalities that was committed in the name of the independence movement

Sanju was stunned to silence his friend wanted to file a case against two prominent political parties was he out of his mind or had he gone bonkers he though Renjith wanted to dig up a case where most of the criminals were dead or dying and were designated “freedom fighters” and over that the bugger wanted to make two of the oldest political parties as parties to this case sanju knew that the case would be massive this was what he called a name maker or a name barker case and he was always a risk taker .

While he was absent in this thought he heard Renjith calling him “brother you there??

I know what the hell you are thinking why is this guy going to dig up long dead cases and waste the courts and your time right?”

Renjith continued “it will not be a waste I swear this case will be land mark case in your career and the legal history of this country look at it from a humanitarian point of view man this is about bringing peace to the victims of a long forgotten tragedy

It is to give them justice at last what do you say man?”

After a few seconds that felt like eons for Renjith the line on the other end crackled to life

Fine I will take the case as for your query this very case will have a multitude of sections covering it but as for rioting it is covered by section 146 of the Indian penal code

Renjith was filled with joy and thanked his friend profusely he told sanju that he would provide him with a prilimery case bulletin and along with the chapters under which this case should he fought

Who knew that with this conversation the rusted wheels of justice would be set in motion for a forgotten set of people who lost their lives in a largely forgotten rebellion that was but a foot note in Indian History?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles