Terror hits lahore.

Country flag
What would India gain from such an unnecessary act?? the more they point the finger at India the more I 'm starting to think this could have been staged to take the heat for mumbai, the goal dosen't seem to be to kill the players? since 12 heavily armed men would have been successful in doing? India thinks it was LET.

Rage

DFI TEAM
A truly sad incident! The gods rest the souls of those who have died. But let it be known that we will not tolerate baseless slurs against our nation without any proof- like some in the p'stani media have already taken upon themselves to do. India has neither the motivation nor the need to jeopardize its relations with SriLanka through an act like this. And we are certainly not fools to imperil the future of the 2011 world cup which is to take place in our subcontinent. Rather than point fingers without evidence, the Pakistani media should focus on the serious and disquieting security lapses that caused an incident like this in the very core of its second largest city to happen in the first place- particularly at a time when its future reputation as a safe sporting venue is at stake.

P.S.: I'm amused at the levels of immaturity displayed by the Punjab DGSP who stated not a few hours after the attacks that the "involvement of India in the attacks cannot be ruled out"! What engenders such amazing audacity, if nothing more than blight incompetence and benightedness at providing security for international athletes escapes me. Already their media are drawing ridiculous correlations and frivolous conclusions about the perpetrators and source of the attacks. For all their crying wolf at the 'bellicosity' of the Indian media during the Mumbai attacks, I think the p'stani media and officialdom have displayed even worse levels of immaturity.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Pakistan needs evidence to pin point fingers on india and I very much doubt that they really would have anything substantial to put a finger on india. Check what obama has said on the terrorism in pakistan post this attack, the blame wholly and squarely comes back to pakistan which is a breeding ground for these terror outfits. The most laughable thing, they are talking about weapons of indian origin, do they need lessons on how the black market of the arms and ammunitions work, and think of it for a minute, had it been raw this is the basic they would have done right and made sure either american or pakistani weapons were used. The kids from kindergarten want to graduate in a degree in “investigation”, that does not happen, so the kiddies should learn from the flip flop they keep doing every now and then or are they ready to be laughing stock without any credibility once again. Do people recall the story of 3 indian spies caught flashed all over the pak media and then, not a word, I am sure the investigations must be going on and arent the investigations on benazir's assination, or the attack on marriot still going on and then some little known group gets the blame, for I am sure all these so called investigations lead to the isi but then you dont blame them or you would not live to see tomorrow if you are in pakistan.

What a joke, 12 chaps come fully armed, spray bullets like no tomorrow, continue doing the same for the next 20-25mins, not one of them gets a shot back in a heavily armed and guarded area but the “rambos” shoot down 5 of the elitist pak police chaps who are any day supposed to be better trained, and when they are through they all vanish as if nothing happened. Whom is the isi trying to fool around with, such a sophisticated attack does not happen in pakistan without the consent of the mybaap of that country and I dont need to specify who those are, this is no swat or the nwfp or the baluchinstan (come to think of it that is like 40% of pakistan) but lahore, and what happened to all the stories of bulletproof buses, all a sham, is it?

All this has to be seen in the bigger context of the idea to have an islamic government in islamabad and it seems the day is not far when sunni mullahs would be delivering lectures on AKs, and rocket launchers from the power corridors of islamabad and I guess the general perception in that country is one to have a islamic government than to have a democratic style of governance and this also suits the pakistan establishment for then they can have permanent dictatorship by having the puppets do all the job and they be the real movers and shakers. Have people forgotten what zardari and mushrraf have had to say of pakistan falling in the hands of these islaimc terrorists, and if the intelligence reports are to be believed then karachi is weeks from being taken over by these terrorists and what we all saw yesterday is a strategy that will be followed every now and then all over pakistan. Pakistan is falling fast in chaos and the only real thing left to be seen is a civil war like the one in afghanistan with people with AKs in hands all stacked up in the backs of toyota or have I seen all this before, isnt all this already happening in the mentioned 40% of pakistan.

Its a story of a failed state falling apart all too quickly than most thought, my only wish, may GOD give some brains to the mullahs who are for sure the next wazirs of pakistan.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Foreign hand involved: Malik

ISLAMABAD: Interior Adviser Rehman Malik on Tuesday said Pakistan was in a state of war and he suspected that foreign elements were involved in the Lahore terrorist attack. Talking to reporters at the Parliament House, Malik, however, declined to name any country without having substantive evidence. He said a few arrests had been made and intelligence agencies had gathered sufficient information about the terrorists. Malik said a major breakthrough would be achieved in the next few days. The interior adviser did not comment on the possibility of India’s involvement in the attack, denying reports that weapons recovered from the crime scene were Indian. But he said the technique of the terrorists in Lahore appeared similar to those involved in the Mumbai attacks. muhammad bilal

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\03\04\story_4-3-2009_pg1_9

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Foreign hand involved: Malik

ISLAMABAD: Interior Adviser Rehman Malik on Tuesday said Pakistan was in a state of war and he suspected that foreign elements were involved in the Lahore terrorist attack. Talking to reporters at the Parliament House, Malik, however, declined to name any country without having substantive evidence. He said a few arrests had been made and intelligence agencies had gathered sufficient information about the terrorists. Malik said a major breakthrough would be achieved in the next few days. The interior adviser did not comment on the possibility of India’s involvement in the attack, denying reports that weapons recovered from the crime scene were Indian. But he said the technique of the terrorists in Lahore appeared similar to those involved in the Mumbai attacks. muhammad bilal

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2009\03\04\story_4-3-2009_pg1_9
Yes there is foreign hand because any way SWAT and FATA are not Pakistan any more. Only god knows what they are. Or may be not...........

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Pakistan fed the taliban, and now they are wanting to be the masters master! Its as simple as that. Pakistan should come out of denial and see that its hugely liberal city of Lahore is now under extremist influence and that their Intelligence agencies failed to see this coming, They should shoulder the responsibilty and not try to malign India!

When Mumbai happened many Pakistanis were talking of False Flag attacks, why does nobody dare say that now? What If the GOP did this to take the heat of Mumbai off them? What If they did this to play the "Victim Card"?? I am not saying this is a False Flag, But I feel I had to say this to the Zaid "CrackPot" Hamid Fans out there.

I had hope for Pakistan winning over the extremists, Now I dont, I seriously dont, because the people of Pakistan dont see the Sand slip away from under their own feet. They are in the feeling that its all the Handiwork of Evil "Hindus"! God Save them!

Triton

Founding Member
Pakistan offers $125,000 bounty for terrorists who attacked Sri Lankan cricketers

Pakistan offered a reward of $125,000 this morning for information about the 12 masked gunmen who ambushed Sri Lanka’s cricket team, as conspiracy theories multiplied about who was behind the Mumbai-style attack.

While police continued to scour the eastern city of Lahore for the gunmen, all of whom escaped, the government of the eastern province of Punjab appealed for help from the public in most national newspapers.

"The dignity of the country has been hurt," it said alongside blurred images of the gunmen grabbed from CCTV footage.

"Assist us in identifying the terrorists who fired at the Sri Lankan cricket team in Lahore."

Pakistani officials say yesterday’s attack outside Lahore’s Gaddafi stadium bore all the hallmarks of Lashkar-e-Taiba, the Pakistani militant group blamed for a similar commando-style attack on Mumbai in November.
Read complete article

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
12 masked gunmen
They were not masked.

Pakistani officials say yesterday’s attack outside Lahore’s Gaddafi stadium bore all the hallmarks of Lashkar-e-Taiba, the Pakistani militant group blamed for a similar commando-style attack on Mumbai in November.
No coz they ran away, LT guys would have stayed there till all SL member killed.Is n't it they way they do the Fidai attacks?
2nd why would they attack their base city Lahore?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Yes, they didnt kill the cricketers! If it was the RAW behind this they would certainly have killed of the Lankans for delivering that powerful punch. So the Chances of this being Co-ordinated by the ISI cant be ruled out, a False flag attack ;) to take the eyes of Mumbai attacks and tell that, Yes we too are victims!

Yes Pakistan is suffering terribly from Terrorism, but who is to blame? For Eg: You invite a bunch of goons to your home, and give them liquor and everything and be friends with them, but then one fine day, you decide to be morally correct, and tell them to get out, after being chums with them! What will they do?? They will not like it, as simple as that. Pakistan should decide, whether to fight them, and it should decide quick.

Triton

Founding Member
They were not masked.
Ask Mr. Jeremy Page in Lahore about from where did he get that info :)

No coz they ran away, LT guys would have stayed there till all SL member killed.Is n't it they way they do the Fidai attacks? 2nd why would they attack their base city Lahore?
Great logic dear friend :) Chances the LT guys might have changed their usual tactics so that Pakistani Generals would think "Hey these are not LT guys as they don't run away from the scene."

No body knows who the attackers are but one thing is for sure there is a serious flaw in the security provided to the Srilankan Cricket team.

Anyway I am happy to know that all the players are fine and safe at their home.

Triton

Founding Member
Pakistan offers reward for cricket attackers

Pakistan has offered a reward of nearly $200,000 for information about the militants behind a deadly ambush directed against Sri Lanka's cricket team.

Gunmen killed seven six Pakistani police officers and two civilians in Tuesday's brazen daylight attack on the team, who were on their way to a Test match in the city of Lahore.

Seven Sri Lankan cricketers and an assistant coach were among 19 wounded.

The attack is likely to have ended international cricket in Pakistan for now and has heightened concerns that radical Islamists linked to Al Qaeda and the Taliban are extending their ability to strike targets across the nation.

Police say up to 14 gunmen are still at large and Pakistan's Interior Ministry chief, Rehman Malik, now says the country is in a state of war against terrorists within its borders.

The government is promising a full investigation into the latest attack.

Police said five people were being questioned but declined to speculate about the identity of the attackers who opened fire on the team bus with grenades and guns.

They battled with security forces before escaping in stolen cars.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager

Triton

Founding Member
Pakistan's militants ready for more

KARACHI - Tuesday's attack in the Pakistani city of Lahore on a convoy carrying Sri Lankan cricketers was carried out by disgruntled Punjabi militants seeking to extract concessions from the government.

And the 12 highly trained gunmen who fled the scene after killing six police officers and wounding six of the cricketers had planned to take the sportsmen hostage, not kill them, high-level sources maintain.

The militants, working directly under the command of a joint Punjabi and Kashmiri leadership based in the North Waziristan tribal area and allied with al-Qaeda, planned the Lahore operation. The object was to hold the cricketers ransom in exchange for jailed militants and the safe passage of their colleagues to North Waziristan.

A spokesperson at the Sri Lankan Embassy at Islamabad also said on Tuesday that he did not believe the Sri Lankan players were meant to be killed as all fire was aimed at the police protecting the players.

Troubles in the mountains

The attack on Tuesday is most likely related to events in the Swat Valley, where the government last month signed a peace treaty with militants after several years of fighting. The accord also allowed for the implementation of sharia law in the area.

Before the Swat agreement was inked, the Pakistani Taliban presented their demands. These included a financial package worth 480 million rupees (US$6 million) for compensation for families that had lost members through death or injury or which had lost property as a result of the operations of the security forces. They also demanded the release of prisoners.

The government accepted all of the demands, but it refused to release those prisoners who were not from Swat. At the top of this list was Maulana Abdul Aziz, a radical cleric from the Lal Masjid (Red Mosque) in Islamabad who was arrested in July 2007 while fleeing from the mosque after security forces stormed it. The government also refused to release several other militants, including a very important person, who were recently arrested in Islamabad.

The Punjabi militants were clearly upset at having their demands rejected, while the Pashtuns got what they wanted. The attack in Lahore was meant to redress the "injustice".

Ironically, the peace agreement in Swat is itself now at risk.

On Sunday, militants violated the agreement by detaining a few paramilitary Frontier Corps personnel who were later released. The next day they attacked a military convoy and killed a soldier.

In response, the army on Tuesday arrested a few important Taliban commanders in the Swat Valley. Maulana Sufi Mohammand, the main driver behind the peace agreement, then appealed at a press conference to both the Taliban and the security forces to abide by the agreement. Otherwise, he said, he would no longer stand as a guarantor of the deal.
Click here to read the complete article

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Ask Mr. Jeremy Page in Lahore about from where did he get that info :)

Great logic dear friend :) Chances the LT guys might have changed their usual tactics so that Pakistani Generals would think "Hey these are not LT guys as they don't run away from the scene."

No body knows who the attackers are but one thing is for sure there is a serious flaw in the security provided to the Srilankan Cricket team.

Anyway I am happy to know that all the players are fine and safe at their home.
Well I just posted the pic of terrorist which proves page is wrong.
Security was flawed, yes no doubt, these minister of ours have more security then the Lankan team plus they fire at police like sitting ducks.Thana Liberty was across the road.:sAni_monkey:

MOD EDIT:- dfi rules does not support abusing a minister from any country.in the forum so please cut out the **** words.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
The militants, working directly under the command of a joint Punjabi and Kashmiri leadership based in the North Waziristan tribal area and allied with al-Qaeda, planned the Lahore operation.
LOL this is a good one :35:

foofighter

Security was flawed, yes no doubt, these **** minister of ours have more security then the Lankan team plus they fire at police like sitting ducks.Thana Liberty was across the road.:sAni_monkey:
I am utterly amazed, even after "promising" security. You couldn't provide it

Tuco

Country flag
Guys look at these
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cricket/chris-broad-security-left-us-sitting-ducks-1637227.html

Chris Broad: security left us "sitting ducks"

ICC match referee Chris Broad has accused Pakistan security forces of leaving Sri Lanka's cricketers as "sitting ducks" when they were attacked by gunmen in Lahore.

Broad, a former England cricketer who was officiating at the second test between Sri Lanka and Pakistan, escaped injury in Tuesday's attack but said police totally deserted the buses when they were attacked.

Broad was next to fourth official Ahsan Raza on the bus when Raza was hit by a bullet and critically injured in the attack that left six policemen dead and seven Sri Lankan players injured.

Broad said he had not expected an attack of such severity, but was not surprised that security promised to the team by the Pakistan Cricket Board and the country's security officials had not been provided.

"I had an inkling before the test match leg of this tour that something was going to happen," Broad said. "I raised my concerns with the ICC before the tour started and they passed on those concerns to the Pakistan Cricket Board and they assured me through e-mail that all security would be taken care of, presidential-style security.

"And clearly that didn't happen."

The International Cricket Council said Tuesday that it had not been asked to provide a security appraisal for Sri Lanka's tour to Pakistan because it had been arranged bilaterally by the competing teams.

Post a Comment

Subject:

Atul

Founding Member
The Lahore Attacks are heinous, Pakistan must introspect & rethink its policy to combat Terror.

This is an LTTE - LeT Nexus.. that has brought this act of terror in pakistani soil. the Taliban has to be stopped now or else it will be too late...
:vehicle_plane:

Atul

Founding Member
The ICC was anyways looking out for options to move the World Cup out of the sub-continent, now they got a good reason to act on. So Gentle men Expect no more Cricket (World Cup) in Pakistan, anytime soon.

:vehicle_plane:

Atul

Founding Member
Security was flawed, yes no doubt, these minister of ours have more security then the Lankan team plus they fire at police like sitting ducks.Thana Liberty was across the road.:sAni_monkey:
Dear Musalman,

Please no cussing. Lets keep the Forum Clean.

Global Defence

Articles