Tata Motors wants to build battle tanks

Srinivas_K

Country flag
I think they are bidding for ICV, and they have a good design to win the tender !

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
You all guys are clueless as to what is the main problems of India and Pakistan..

It is the existence of multi-layered obstacles on both sides of the battle which puts stop to unhindered armour movements ...
If there are no armour movements how can there be armour battles ?

The problem both sides is what is called "Break In" battles... How to break through enemy lines of obstacles one after another... Tank battles would start after that or they will be shot in hundreds like in Khem Karan or Asal Uttar.

Break in battles are Infantry Forte ... so ICV and good mobility vehicles assume more importance than Tanks to break in as those vehicles can cross water obstacles, can swim across, are lighter and faster and more important than that, carries infantry soldiers who can fight mounted and dismounted...

If TATA can provide a good ICV design and production line with a light gun it would be great progress... much greater than a progress in Tanks...

By the time tanks lumber up .. may be the battle would be over..

And if you do not know anything - bring in a bloody sexy female to distract Viswamitra ( yourself) from achieving the desirable..

Ah... Indian do not change with time .. Is it ???

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Who doesn't. She and Anna Kendrick are the two islands of wit and humour in the vast ocean of porcelain dumb bimbos.
Bro you have very nice tastes....we have to meet IRL.
Rowdy , blueblood

To make battle tanks for Indian army, it is very old desire of tata group.

Roots for that desire goes at least 50 years back.

If I am not wrong, this is 4th time I am talking about it on DFI, that tata wants to join tank manufacturing business.
Hope is the tribute fantasy pays to reality .... TATA is just a screwdriver firm.....

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Break in battles are Infantry Forte ... so ICV and good mobility vehicles assume more importance than Tanks to break in as those vehicles can cross water obstacles, can swim across, are lighter and faster and more important than that, carries infantry soldiers who can fight mounted and dismounted...

If TATA can provide a good ICV design and production line with a light gun it would be great progress... much greater than a progress in Tanks...
Sir I agree with you....only the army itself can know what kind of vehicle and mobility it needs.
Engineers can design according to requirement.
The problem is, what you stated here needs to be changed to numbers before design begins. That is where the challenge is, because indians IN GENERAL lack analytical skills.

blueblood

Sure .... But I'll not be in India till winter .... I'll try to make a trip then.
Offcourse, I don't wander around much so its mostly Bhopal and Indore. PM me at your discretion. :biggrin2:

The enlightened

pmaitra

I agree with several posters, that without ToT, Tata will simply not be able to build a tank.

One option is for DRDO to give the blueprints of their tanks (Arjun Mark I or Mark II) to Tata, Mahindra, Ashok-Leyland, L&T, and anyone interested, and have them build up their basic expertise.

I want to point out that Tata Motors was formerly called TELCO (Tata Engineering and Locomotive COmpany). Yes, they used to make locomotives, but when the government stepped in with Chittaranjan Lomotive Works, TELCO crashed out of the locomotive business and switched to making Mercedes-Benz lorries.

Zebra

Country flag
tata motors thats pvt sectors drdo. one of oldest auto maker in india.so wat successful products they have other than indica taxi ??
Just to name one.......any given day I will prefer Tata 407 as one of the most successful product.
Tata 407 got launched two years after the Japanese LCVs came in India.
But 407 out performed all-most all of them in Himalayan terrain.
It was one of the best product of Tata Motors in LCV category.

Zebra

Country flag
Bro you have very nice tastes....we have to meet IRL.

Hope is the tribute fantasy pays to reality .... TATA is just a screwdriver firm.....
Ever you been there....?
OR
Just brain fart...!

pmaitra

Ever you been there....?
OR
Just brain fart...!
I have been inside TELCO factory in Jamshedpur.

The factory was fairly modern, and I am talking about 20 years ago. They were also making TATA-Hitachi diggers. I don't think TATA Motors is a screw-driver firm. I have to point out that TATA Motors, for all tis successes, has had to depend on foreign collaboration for making their trucks and cars. Some of them are: Mercedes-Benz, Cummins, I.DE.A, Bosch, Hitachi, and perhaps others. Their in-house engineering team is quite capable.

pmaitra

they are going to shift it to Khadgpur. Hitachi has majority stake (prev. it was called telcon)
Tata Motors was previously called TELCO, with no 'N' at the end. There are two parts of Jamshedpur town that are called TELCO and TISCO, the former referring to "Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company" and the latter "Tata Iron and Steel Company."

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Tata Motors was previously called TELCO, with no 'N' at the end. There are two parts of Jamshedpur town that are called TELCO and TISCO, the former referring to "Tata Engineering and Locomotive Company" and the latter "Tata Iron and Steel Company."
uhhh yeah but i am talking about telcon (now called tata hitachi).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tata_Hitachi_Construction_Machinery
It was previously known as Telco Construction Equipment Co. Ltd.
hence TELCON

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles