Surya ICBM

IF SURYA PROJECT SUCCEDS WILL IT DECREASE CHINESE AGGRESSION

• Total voters

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Trying to develop Surya is a waste of time for now. What we really need right now is a long-range Cruise missile capable of being launched from land, air and sea. We should focus on this right now.

Even if we develop Surya it should be kept under the wraps so as not to raise eyebrows from western powers.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Chinas security goals are different. They had the mighty Soviets and US to take care of. The US recognized Taiwan as the real china for so long and even afterwards they armed the Taiwanese. they were enemies in the korean war. US has bases in korea and japan that threatens the chinese, what do you expect them to do??

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag

gogbot

We are already developing the A5 , it will cover all security concerned by bring into range almost any viable target.
Being Canister-ed it could also potentially be made into an SLBM , which would be our next priority.

Combine that with might of the Surface fleet of the India Navy , along with its own Long range Missiles(Such as Nirbhay) as well as Ship launched Ballistic Missiles like Dashun,
Indian forces can strike almost anywhere in the Indian Ocean region. from Africa to South-East Asia and everything in Between.

From certain Locations using payloads , even Europe can be reached.

Really speaking , the need for Long range ICMB's beyond a range of 8000km(Which i am guessing what What the next Agni missile maybe) does not exist.
When IN feels it can venture into the Pacific and Atlantic.(Can only happen after it has consolidated its assets in the IOR)
IAF expresses the need for Long range Strategic Bomber.
And IA expressed the need for more Marine Landing ships and Long range Lift aircraft.

We should then look to expanding the range of our missiles.

Other wise there is no reason to accelerate the process for more long range , as we make improvements to the Agni Missiles , range will also increase. We could attain longer range missiles like that.
But actively spending on R&D to make longer range missiles , that cost more and are more expensive to make and have no clear target . Is a waste of energy , focusing on better accuracy , MIRV , portability and EW capabilities of our Missiles is more important

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
We will not need an ICBM until 2-3 decades at the earliest, when the Indian economy is capable of easily handling the costs of ICBM maintenance and Western nations (especially US) start viewing India as a potential rival.

Right now, our focus should be on other projects.

Rebelkid

AM pretty confident the missile might actually even exist..I mean.. we reached the moon but can't reach the other side of the world ?

It will probably might not go public as an existence of an ICBM revealing now might screw up all our nuclear deals and the good boy image... ISRO allready got the tech in place, think about it ?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
We never know what the future holds...Indians have always thought we dont need this and we dont need that and invaders have eventually sneaked in.

We dont need it now but we will in the next decade. Every country should be within our range and then they'll think twice about doing anything negative towards us. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Personally i want usa within reach.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Have you ever considered that development of ICBMs could lead to arms embargoes? Don't do it until your defence industry is self sufficient, and that is longer than 10 years.

Rebelkid

We never know what the future holds...Indians have always thought we dont need this and we dont need that and invaders have eventually sneaked in.

We dont need it now but we will in the next decade. Every country should be within our range and then they'll think twice about doing anything negative towards us. Always better to be safe than sorry.

Personally i want usa within reach.
I completely agree..I do want US within reach...
Funny how all the allies of US always get screwed up..

Agantrope

I completely agree..I do want US within reach...
Funny how all the allies of US always get screwed up..
Yeah, RK. We have lethargic for many years and got screwed for more than 10 centuries, Message should be clear, DONT MESS WITH US

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
anyway continuimg from my previous p+ost on this thread, i thought that a nme like SURYA PROJECT should have been reserved for the india research into FUSION ENERGY as that is the way the sun generates it's might energy ??

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India is involved in the international project for fusion tech in france.

dineshchaturvedi

Country flag
We should not do anything that will get negative focus from world on us. We should be good with Agni 5.

Rage

DFI TEAM
India is involved in the international project for fusion tech in france.

Yusuf, I am very, very interested in this project.

Do you think you can hook me up with any info on this ?

A couple of months ago I started a thread titled: 'Do We need a National Ignition Facility? '

Unfortunately, somebody removed it to 'Missile Talk', a thread to which it is not immediately related.

Perhaps we can move it back out and use it to put info on this joint project you're talkin' about.

I'm a big supporter of fusion energy, and have been looking for ways despite my limited technical expertise, of contributing to the fusion race.

Last edited:

arya

Country flag
Chinas security goals are different. They had the mighty Soviets and US to take care of. The US recognized Taiwan as the real china for so long and even afterwards they armed the Taiwanese. they were enemies in the korean war. US has bases in korea and japan that threatens the chinese, what do you expect them to do??
you know the same mentality of our govt has and see we are lacking every field against china and the gap is increasing

if you are not powerful then you dont have right to live that nature rule

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Does this thread deserves a place in this section? I think this should be moved to member's corner. Because nothing useful is going to come out of this thread

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
you know the same mentality of our govt has and see we are lacking every field against china and the gap is increasing

if you are not powerful then you dont have right to live that nature rule
Are you crazy or something or you just cant comprehend? India is doing what suits it fine as per its defence requirement. Read what have written before and stop coming up with kiddish posts.

Rahul92

I hav understood that surya is waste of time & i wil tell u the basic reason y we need surya

First, there is consensus among India's political parties on the need to enhance the country's missile defence capabilities. Experts say future warfare will be heavily dependent on missiles.

Second, India's neighbouring nations are bristling with missiles. Pakistan has developed and tested a number of missiles including the Hatf-1 and Hatf-2 missiles. China has an arsenal of short and long-range missiles. China is far ahead of others in the missile race in the region as it has already done two-test flights of the Dong-Feng-31 and Julang-2, a combined ICBM and submarine-launched ballistic missile.:angry_10:

p2prada

We are yet to induct Agni 2 operationally let alone a full fledged ICBM. This Surya news is mostly a fabrication by the media. Funny thing is the missile has a name even before it has been tested.

Even if it were true it will not happen in the next 10 years. We are far behind in technology to make it feasible now.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles