Sukhoi Su 30MKI

square

Strategic Issues
India would not be ordering more Suu-30 MKI, they are 4.5th gen planes

ITs better to get the present fleet upgraded to Super sukhoi status, and to go for PAKFA/FGFA.
We cannot go for AMCA without having PAKFA/FGFA as an assurance or fall back plan.
they not going to left out the running line of mki specially when 1/3 of the fighters going to retire in coming years...
surely there be more mkis , ..

indiandefencefan

Country flag
Just a curious question, What if Super Sukhoi might get Item 30 engine? Would it further enhance the capability of Super Sukhoi ??
Putting the Item 30 on the Su-30MKI will require extensive redesigning of the airframe which is both time consuming in both R&D and up gradation and also very expensive.
The costs will most likely be too great to make it viable.

gadeshi

Putting the Item 30 on the Su-30MKI will require extensive redesigning of the airframe which is both time consuming in both R&D and up gradation and also very expensive.
The costs will most likely be too great to make it viable.
Not true.
Item 30 is designed not for PAK FA only, but for T-10 family updates as well (by Yuriy Sliusar, UAC CEO), so it'll require air intakes and electronic control systems modifications most of all.
However the most real update option for Su-30 will be Item 117S from Su-35S.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

smestarz

Country flag
Coming years means at least 2 decades ... lot of time

Further upgrading them to Super sukhoi stage might improve their life by maybe 3 decades,, (same as Rafale)

they not going to left out the running line of mki specially when 1/3 of the fighters going to retire in coming years...

lcafanboy

Country flag
Not true.
Item 30 is designed not for PAK FA only, but for T-10 family updates as well (by Yuriy Sliusar, UAC CEO), so it'll require air intakes and electronic control systems modifications most of all.
However the most real update option for Su-30 will be Item 117S from Su-35S.

IAF SU-30mki will be getting AL-31fp which will have 145 KN power same as that of S117. S117 is a fuel guzzler and AL-31fp is fuel efficient compared to S117.

gadeshi

IAF SU-30mki will be getting AL-31fp which will have 145 KN power same as that of S117. S117 is a fuel guzzler and AL-31fp is fuel efficient compared to S117.
This is directly the opposite :)
Al-41F-1S has 15% more fuel effective than any Al-31F version.
And BTW, Al-41FP is low-series non-TVC version for Su-33 (Al-31F Series 12) which has 13500kgs on emergency regime, so it will never go to Su-30MKI.
Another option could be Al-31F-M1 (Al-31F Series 42), but why to get it when you can offer much better 117S (Al-41F-1S)???

smestarz

Country flag
Coming decades you mean, the planes just had MLU after almost one and half decade. which will also increase air frame life

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

IAF Su-30MKI seen here armed with OFAB-250-270 500lb general purpose bombs.

The Su-30MKI can carry 6 OFAB-250s in each midwing hardpoint, 5 on the engine nacelle hardpoints and 6 on the centreline hardpoints for a total of 28 bombs.
:playball:

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Well,I am watching this all chaos since 2011...but i cant get the answer of my question-
When the first SuperSukhoi is going to be delieverd...seriously...all threads all over the internet about super sukhois are full of india-pakistan trolls and its specs but i cant find out a single thread which can answer my this question
The deal is likely to be inked on Indian PM visit to Moscow in July.
Most probably, three deals are on priority:
1. Super Sukhoi
2. S-400
3. FGFA

sbm

Country flag
Has anyone seen any Su-30MKI in HAS? I've seen them in storm shelters but no HAS. I know a new HAS was needed but anyone has seen one?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

An Su-30MKI on statis display seen here armed with Brahmos ALCM in the centreline station, OFBA-250-270 bombs on the nacelle stations, RVV-AE BVRAAMs on the inner-wing and mid-wing stations, Astra BVRAAMs on the outer-wing stations and R-73 SRAAMs on the wingtip stations during Air Force Day Celebrations held on 8th October 2016. A Rohini 3D-CAR can also be seen along with a C-17 Globemaster 3 in the background.

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

IAF Su-30MKI seen here armed with OFAB-250-270 500lb general purpose bombs.

The Su-30MKI can carry 6 OFAB-250s in each midwing hardpoint, 5 on the engine nacelle hardpoints and 6 on the centreline hardpoints for a total of 28 bombs.
:playball:

An Su-30MKI on statis display seen here armed with Brahmos ALCM in the centreline station, OFBA-250-270 bombs on the nacelle stations, RVV-AE BVRAAMs on the inner-wing and mid-wing stations, Astra BVRAAMs on the outer-wing stations and R-73 SRAAMs on the wingtip stations during Air Force Day Celebrations held on 8th October 2016. A Rohini 3D-CAR can also be seen along with a C-17 Globemaster 3 in the background.
Now I know why they call Su-30MKI a bomb truck.:shoot:

The Indian Bomb Truck vs the Porki bomb truck

Launches missile over Pathankot AFB.

A few moments later over Islamabad.

Scare tactic: A Pakistani bomb truck mimics the mushroom of a tactical nuke deployed by Nasr.
The Drill:
  1. Have a Paki suicide bomber sit in a suicide bomb truck.
  2. Launch bomb truck into the air using SUPARCO developed IED.
  3. While mid-air, ask Paki suicide bomber to yell Allah hu Akbar.
  4. Voice recognition system does the rest.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Has anyone seen any Su-30MKI in HAS? I've seen them in storm shelters but no HAS. I know a new HAS was needed but anyone has seen one?
What is "HAS"

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

No dedicated Protected hangers are built for S-30Mki but there are some secret locations (HAS) to park jets during war time.
Also after voice buildup in parliament for HAS in 2015 , some Measures are carried out but still , information is not available for public.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles