Sukhoi PAK FA

StealthFlanker

Country flag
You need official numbers and characteristic data to make such a bright statements.
But you haven't any, even for the western systems, not talking about Russian ones.
you are the one who said those countries have no radar and ECM system that can be compared to N036 or Himalaya without any evidence.
My point about IIR staring sensor better than IR +UV actually quite obvious , IIR can see target shape , so it will be better at target recognition so much smaller false alarm rate

L-256 use electronic scanning using N036 antennas to issue jamming signals
There is no official information about what you just claimed. Yes , technically you can use radar to transmit jamming signal , however , that is not a capability that only L-256 or N036 have , so again no evidence that those are superior than others system from others countries.
And i havent seen they mentioned that those 2 use GaN transmitting modules anywhere

Last edited:

Bahamut

What make you think either N036 or Himalayas are GaN based , L-265 dont even use electronic scanning as far as i know
What so special about L-265 Himalayas compared to ASQ-239 or Spectra ? , nothing
Go to page 211 on this thread #4202.The article is in Russian.

Bahamut

airtel

Country flag
It's not so much to wait cause UEC will deliver the first Item-30 specimens for testing in Q4 2017. Those engines will be installed on T-50-9 (1-09) and T-50-10. Just remember my previous posts from KNAAZ insiders that T-50-9 will be the final prototype for airframe and engines changes
Good
Modern planes don't use external RAM coatings. This is because you want to get even little effect on them their layer thickness must be at least 3/4 of the wavelength (full or double wavelength in the most problematic places).
i never mentioned about type of RAM TOT we are getting from france , it may be internal or external ................

I'm not question that those countries have their own sensors and gear.
I'm telling about their capabilities comparable to those already are in T-50 program.
1 - Do those countries ever have GaN-TRAMs based DAESA radar with capabilities even close to N036 Belka?
2 - Do those countries ever have bispectral (IR+UV) 360deg coverable optical systems even closely comparable to 101-KS?
3 - Do those countries ever have GaN AESA-based passive RF surviallance and ESM/ECM suits even closely comparable to L-265 Gimalayas suite?
4 - The same for integrated data fusion and data linking systems like TKS-3 and APD-518/520.

The answer is NO for both these questions.
And while having capabilities inferior or rather inferior to Russian ones all the foreign systems are several times more expensive while don't presume any TOT to customer :)
ok let us assume , at present Russia has better technologies but after 20 years if we want to change Russian DAESA radar with any other non Russian RADAR .................then ??

according to previous russian offer we were not allowed to change more than 15% components .<<< IAF opposed this rule .......................I dont know present deal .

Last edited:

StealthFlanker

Country flag
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuk_(radar)#FGA-35.283D.29
Go to FDA 35 , it new Radar for Mig 35 ,what makes you think that PAK FA will not have it .......................................................................................
Wikipedia and with no reference ???????? Dude .
And even if FDA 35 use GaN modules , that doesnt even mean Himalaya ECM system on T-50 will use electronic steering, let alone GaN modules , there are many fighter with AESA radar but their jammer are still not steerable

Bahamut

Wikipedia and with no reference ???????? Dude .
And even if FDA 35 use GaN modules , that doesnt even mean Himalaya ECM system on T-50 will use electronic steering, let alone GaN modules , there are many fighter with AESA radar but their jammer are still not steerable
Sir please give source to tell that GaN will not be use in PakFa....................................................

gadeshi

yes INDIA want permission to change more than 15% components according to His choice ...........May be after 1 decade there will be a newer useful technology outside russia .

Good
i never mentioned about type of RAM TOT we are getting from france , it may be internal or external ................

ok let us assume , at present Russia has better technologies but after 20 years if we want to change Russian DAESA radar with any other non Russian RADAR .................then ??

according to previous russian offer we were not allowed to change more than 15% components .<<< IAF opposed this rule .......................I dont know present deal .
IAF is allowed to install wat they want to, but it will be Indian risks and responsibilities to integrate and support it.
As for radar... I think IAF will want to install next gen N0... with ROFAR :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

StealthFlanker

Country flag
Sir please give source to tell that GaN will not be use in PakFa....................................................
Iam not saying GaN will never be used in PAK-FA ,obviously sooner or later it will have it either current block or future block, iam saying that at the moment we have no evidence that T-50 radar use
GaN
And burden of proof lie on the one who make the assessment not the other way round
http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialscien...ER_5_ARGUMENTS_EXPERIENCE/Burden-of-Proof.htm

Bahamut

Iam not saying GaN will never be used in PAK-FA ,obviously sooner or later it will have it either current block or future block, iam saying that at the moment we have no evidence that T-50 radar use
GaN
And burden of proof lie on the one who make the assessment not the other way round
http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialscien...ER_5_ARGUMENTS_EXPERIENCE/Burden-of-Proof.htm
Sir the Russian have not provided any details of radar to public. As a matter I ask some senior in Air Force about if the radar is GaN or GaAs, he refuse to comment but said it uses latest technology not commenting on power. It only logic then he is talking about GaN. Read between the lines.

StealthFlanker

Country flag
Sir the Russian have not provided any details of radar to public. As a matter I ask some senior in Air Force about if the radar is GaN or GaAs, he refuse to comment but said it uses latest technology not commenting on power. It only logic then he is talking about GaN. Read between the lines.
They will always say they use latest tech , but the problem is money doesnt grow on tree , GaN is very expensive compared to GaAs , and a long range radar isnt that necessary for a stealth fighter.
You have to understand the different between technically flexible and financially flexible

gadeshi

They will always say they use latest tech , but the problem is money doesnt grow on tree , GaN is very expensive compared to GaAs , and a long range radar isnt that necessary for a stealth fighter.
You have to understand the different between technically flexible and financially flexible
Something tells me that you don't know how do strategical projects are financed in non-western countries :)

Bahamut

Money is not a problem for PAKFA, they are in 1st in line.
@gadeshi
Does yak design bureau has a UCAV similar in design to neuron, some Russian defense website are showing pictures of it, can u confirm it?

gadeshi

@gadeshi
Does yak design bureau has a UCAV similar in design to neuron, some Russian defense website are showing pictures of it, can u confirm it?
I've seen AD models only, no real things for now.
Also Yak (Irkut) is not involved into any of the Russian UAV/UCAV program being overloaded with Yak-130, Yak-152, Yak-242 (MS-21) and probable Yak-44 carrier based AWACS project restoration.

Bahamut

I've seen AD models only, no real things for now.
Also Yak (Irkut) is not involved into any of the Russian UAV/UCAV program being overloaded with Yak-130, Yak-152, Yak-242 (MS-21) and probable Yak-44 carrier based AWACS project restoration.
Gents I guess I have found the reason why. Although it took this pic from quoted source it might be actual Neuron Merde! But just an educated guess.

I did some Yandex-fu/googler-fu with Prorvv an d Yak keywords and...none of actual pic, only CG in theme of layouts from Yak early 2000s but no pics...yet
))

this is from original Yak´s site

flaps Frenchie? however this is 9 years old pic of MiG Skat - look at flaps... (wow again French layout before French?)

Enlarge this imageClick to see fullsize

and this beast of Ulyanovsk 2014
http://military-informant.com/airforca/1-sp-676800061.html

.................................RIP 30 CHAR

StealthFlanker

Country flag
Whether project is 1st in line or not is irrelevance , money is always a big big factor to consider , smaller cost for each unit mean you will be able to afford more of them. The question is do they want fewerT-50 with GaN radar or more T-50 GaAs radar

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles