Sri Lanka's Killing Fields

Phenom

And now who will give intel to us ? We can bomb them from the air but invading SL is entirely different thing, They will rape us tbh.
You either seriously overestimate the Lankans or seriously underestimate Indian military, having said that I don't believe military intervention is needed, if we even threaten them they are likely to back down. But the fact is, the lankan government today has full support from India, India is evens supporting them at the UN.

Adux

Country flag
May be never..

Indian Gov had knowledge of every move, Raw was active in the war giving Intel to Lankans abt LTTE positions..
We have blood on our hands, of our own race! We should have annexed that country long ago, time to show Sri Lanka its place

Param

You either seriously overestimate the Lankans or seriously underestimate Indian military, having said that I don't believe military intervention is needed, if we even threaten them they are likely to back down. But the fact is, the lankan government today has full support from India, India is evens supporting them at the UN.
Question of military action against SL is a joke. We are the ones who were supporting them weaponry , Training and intelligence along with the Chinese & Pakistanis.

Indirectly we are also guilty of aiding a country that has committed genocide.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
May be never..

Indian Gov had knowledge of every move, Raw was active in the war giving Intel to Lankans abt LTTE positions..
This is true. We helped them much from backdoors. Our aerial surveillance data was proactively shared.

Param

This is true. We helped them much from backdoors. Our aerial surveillance data was proactively shared.
And all the time we also knew what was happening to the civilians. Probably the Indian Govt as much as the Lankans wanted the entire episode to end before the elections and filtered much of the news that came from the war zone.

plugwater

we won't invade but Sri Lanka did not do a good thing they may think LTTE and Tamils are gone but they may come back stronger than ever. LTTE is close to being taken of EU's terrorist organization list and there are many Tamils in USA,Canada,UK and other places who are more committed than ever.

LTTE attempts to de-list from EU terror list : Tamil News Network (TNN)

Outside Sri Lanka, Tamil Diaspora Not Ready to Surrender - NYTimes.com

Outside Sri Lanka, Tamil Diaspora Not Ready to Surrender
War is over in SL, We have to agree on that. Whatever Tamils outside SL decide to do, They cant create another LTTE like organization.
If we threaten them they will side with Chinese, that is even bigger threat for India, So we will continue to support them.

Param

War is over in SL, We have to agree on that. Whatever Tamils outside SL decide to do, They cant create another LTTE like organization.

If we threaten them they will side with Chinese, that is even bigger threat for India, So we will continue to support them.
Exactly, and that is plenty of incentive for them to keep killing Indian fishermen because they know India can't do anything.

Adux

Country flag
What has happened in Sri Lanka to Tamils is unforgivable, India should come down on Sri Lanka with wrath of an angry god, Show those little twits where their place is. I suggest people watch the VIDEO before commenting especially 33.00 and at 37.00, I am sorry if India is supposed to stand for decency, and this cause has some impact on a section of our society, then we as a country should honor that. Direct or Indirect, Act we must. Violent or Peaceful, Punish we must.

Iamanidiot

Most of the forumers are yet to realize that what happened in Lanka with the most important thing the implicit support of India(the Congress party).Who kiilled Sonia Gandhi's husband.Why did Rahul Gandhi have grudge on Karunanidhi?Ask these questions you will get the answers.The biggest supporter of Rajapakse is India not China

Oracle

Sad whatever happened or is happening, but is not that SL's problem?

All of the people living there are SLankan citizens, and India should not intervene in any way, other than calling for an UN independent probe in to the human right abuses there, which China will veto and thereby move away with SL in their kitty.

Adux

Country flag
Most of the forumers are yet to realize that what happened in Lanka with the most important thing the implicit support of India(the Congress party).Who kiilled Sonia Gandhi's husband.Why did Rahul Gandhi have grudge on Karunanidhi?Ask these questions you will get the answers.The biggest supporter of Rajapakse is India not China
It is a true fact, that LTTE is a terrorist organization, It is also a fact they have to be eliminated. But that doesnt mean we support another terrorist organization called the Sri Lankan Army, Watch the Video, only then do comment. Our commitment must be and always should be to decency and humanity. Sri Lanka should be punished and Tamils protected!

Adux

Country flag
Sad whatever happened or is happening, but is not that SL's problem?

All of the people living there are SLankan citizens, and India should not intervene in any way, other than calling for an UN independent probe in to the human right abuses there, which China will veto and thereby move away with SL in their kitty.
China cannot do away with Geography, India can persuade Sri Lanka and check mate China in so many other ways, not by loosing our soul.

Param

It is a true fact, that LTTE is a terrorist organization, It is also a fact they have to be eliminated. But that doesnt mean we support another terrorist organization called the Sri Lankan Army, Watch the Video, only then do comment. Our commitment must be and always should be to decency and humanity. Sri Lanka should be punished and Tamils protected!
I believe there are plenty of Tamilians in this forum. Why do you think their response is muted? Because they are resigned to the fact India helped SL and there is nothing we are going to do against the war crimes.

Oracle

This call for punishing SL, swearing on the SL Army is good on the internet. Foreign Policy is not based on what we hear or speak on forums. I agree with JP's post where he says that India is the biggest supporter of Rajapakse.

We also have to understand that we would not want Pakistan or China to interfere in Kashmir or Nagaland, which are India's internal issues, so mush so as those are SLankans.

Adux

Country flag
I believe there are plenty of Tamilians in this forum. Why do you think their response is muted? Because they are resigned to the fact India helped SL and there is nothing we are going to do against the war crimes.
I am not a tamilian, but I am appalled at what has happened . I am aware of India's role , but I am sure India did not sign up for this. This is just pure murder and rape.

Adux

Country flag
This call for punishing SL, swearing on the SL Army is good on the internet. Foreign Policy is not based on what we hear or speak on forums. I agree with JP's post where he says that India is the biggest supporter of Rajapakse.

We also have to understand that we would not want Pakistan or China to interfere in Kashmir or Nagaland, which are India's internal issues, so mush so as those are SLankans.

I am sorry, but foreign policy is also done on principles. We have murder on our hands. Are you compaing Sri Lankan Army to the Indian Army? Really?
You think the Tamils would keep quiet after such video is seen by everyone? LTTE in its new avatar will be a fact soon.

Oracle

I am sorry, but foreign policy is also done on principles. We have murder on our hands. Are you compaing Sri Lankan Army to the Indian Army? Really?
You think the Tamils would keep quiet after such video is seen by everyone? LTTE in its new avatar will be a fact soon.
Foreign policies are made keeping strategic & geo-political goals in mind.

As for the bold part - :pound:

LTTE is doomed, it will never rise again. It's in India's interests too.

Adux

Country flag
Foreign policies are made keeping strategic & geo-political goals in mind.

As for the bold part - :pound:

LTTE is doomed, it will never rise again. It's in India's interests too.
It is simple, India can interfere in Pakistan and in Sri lanka, while they cant. It is as simple as that. Nagaland/Kashmir or the Indian Army is not the same as Baloch/PA CHina/Tibet or Srilanka/Tamil. We are the big dog, we need to act in such way. Have you seen the video yet?

Adux

Country flag
The final phases of the war was actually orchestrated by Pakistani advisers to the SL armed forces, logistically they kept the supplies flowing via China and also it was advised for Sri Lanka to not differentiate between guerrillas and civilians as has been corroborated by surviving Tamils. However this is what happens in war, nothing different from any other theatre I have witnessed.
Not Surprising at all, but this isnt who civilized people behave. This is institutionalized rape and murder, not some one-off incident, This is called genocide and war crimes.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles