Sri Lanka celebrate 65th Independence Day

Kito

Sri Lanka celebrate 65th Independence Day

Sri Lankan nation will celebrate its 65th Independence Day celebrations 0n Feb 04 with main celebration in Tincomalee on a grand scale under the patronage of President Mahinda Rajapaksa.

A series of mega development projects have already been completed in the Eastern Province under Dayata Kirula event organized to coincide with the Independence Day celebrations under the theme prosperous tomorrow - Glorious mtherland.This is the second time that the country's main Independence Day celebrations are being held in Trincomalee after a lapse of 60 years.

It was way back in 1953 that Trincomalee hosted the Independence Day celebrations.The slogan for the Independence Day celebrations at the Fredric Fort Avenue complex is "A prosperous tomorrow in a glorious motherland".

The President is scheduled to tour Batticaloa on Tuesday to inspect development projects in the area.Prime Minister D.M. Jayaratne will also attend the Independence Day celebrations. The Government has called upon public and state sector institutions to hoist the National Flag today and tomorrow to mark the 65th Independence Day celebrations.

SRi Lanka celebrate 65th Independence Day in Trincomalee Monday

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Happy Independence Day to the Lankans.

Kito

Google.lk and Google.com via Sri Lankan IPs shows Sri Lanka Independence Day Google doodle

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Happy Independence Day :srilanka:

Enjoy while it lasts :rage:

trackwhack

Happy Independence day. The Chinese are trying to take your country but don't worry we will kick them out and ensure your freedom is preserved.

Kito

Happy Independence day. The Chinese are trying to take your country but don't worry we will kick them out and ensure your freedom is preserved.
We are enjoying the freedom recently mainly with the help of Chinese. Sri Lankans are happy about China! ;)

Asia's era is coming, China is the main role of it, so why would we make China upset with us? lol

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
We are enjoying the freedom recently mainly with the help of Chinese. Sri Lankans are happy about China! ;)

Asia's era is coming, China is the main role of it, so why would we make China upset with us? lol
Aisan era will be Chinas and India's and your country has decided it will be a pawn in Chinese chess games. It's going to be dangerous.

Let me tell you that while China may have done things in your country, local citizens are not happy as it didn't create any opportunities for them. Chinese bring everything from China including labor force.

The sooner your govt realizes that Chinese are leeches the better for you.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Aisan era will be Chinas and India's and your country has decided it will be a pawn in Chinese chess games. It's going to be dangerous.

Let me tell you that while China may have done things in your country, local citizens are not happy as it didn't create any opportunities for them. Chinese bring everything from China including labor force.

Sri Lanka will use both for their benefit.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sri Lanka will use both for their benefit.
I know. But look at Pakistsn which allowed itself to be used by big powers in their great games and it ended up as beggers.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
I know. But look at Pakistsn which allowed itself to be used by big powers in their great games and it ended up as beggers.
I dont think SL is stupid like Pakistan.

Kito

Asian era isn't become reality with one or two countries, China, Japan, India, south Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, Veitnam, Sri Lanka, Singapore all are share their role! But what I have mentioned is main role will play by China, like they do now. India isn't closer to China or they have much capability of influence most of Asian countries.

How do you say local citizens aren't happy with what China is doing in Sri Lanka? We know there are some disadvantages for us but what we see is development is happening and it effects to local people directly. Chinese bring labours from their country but it doesn't mean there aren't jobs for locals in those projects, our people also work in these projects. Also I would like to remind our unemployment rate is lower, it's just 3.9%.

Of course no any country help with out any advantage to them. Main reason China helping to SL because they want to have future presence in Indian ocean. It is advantage to them to have friendly country, that's why they are looking forward to increase their presence in Sri Lanka and Maldives. But the capability of providing facilities to China is lower by Maldives, so they want Sri Lanka has a friend. We, Sri Lanka as a neutral country taking advantage from both China and India by managing this situation. We don't have reason to forget China and help to India or forget India and help to China, we only think about Sri Lanka and Sri Lankans! Why we worry about about a neighbouring country or outsiders? This is what every country in this world do!

Last edited:

Kito

Situation in Pakistan is different, they suffer coz of some groups of internal religious extremism. If they able to manage it they can become stable and booming economy.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles