Snapchat CEO ‘Arrogance’ Made Indian Hackers Leak 1.7 Million Snapchat Users Data

dhananjay1

Too much money at too young age, looks like he needs to learn to behave. Indians don't need to be as rich as westerners to screw up his business. :lol:

Country flag
There are two things here
1) Snapchat called India a poor country
2)he has the view Indian market is not worth expanding or pursuing?

I think the latter is what has upset people? Many other companies differ. Anyway just silly of a CEO to lose a market of 1.2 billion people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neo

I think the latter is what has upset people? Many other companies differ. Anyway just silly of a CEO to lose a market of 1.2 billion people.

I beg to disagree, people are upset because we, South Asians, are emotional bunch who can't take critics. Snapchat was originally developed for teenagers, specially kids under 15 and this age group is still the largest user of the app here in the west. They don't care about politics or blind nationalism, all the want is funny tools and frames to edit and share your pics.

Neo

Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel’s fiancee Miranda Kerr abused online by Indian Snapchat users after his ‘poor countries like India’ comment

This veiled attack against Miranda Kerr reminds us of the trolling Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma faced when her cricketer boyfriend Virat Kohli under-performed in the matches.

Rashmi Mishra | Updated: April 17, 2017

Don’t angry the Indians. There is no limit to an angry Indian’s temper. Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel is facing the burnt over an alleged (yet not proved) remark against the country calling ‘India is poor’ since the news broke out two days ago. From trolling photo sharing messaging mobile app head honcho, to lower Snapchat ratings on the app stores to uninstalling Snapchat as well as Snapdeal (in confusion), the hundreds of enraged Patriots have started mass bullying Miranda Kerr. The fault of the supermodel being she is a fiancée and would-be-wife of Evan Spiegel. The trolls have attacked Miranda Kerr and abusing her by posting derogatory comments about her. Once again let us remind you, so much of anger has been shown against Evan over an UNVERIFIED ALLEGED COMMENT! Snapchat India users delete the app, trend #BoycottSnapchat protesting CEO Evan Spiegel’s ‘poor country’ remark!

It is a commonly observed scenario among Indian cyberspace – we love trolling. And, we love to troll because we love getting offended easily, very easily. Once offended, we satiate ourselves by pulling down the offender in question by hurling abuses, passing derogatory remarks. If that is not enough, we move to level two – abuse everyone related to that person, mostly a woman. Cornering and mass abusing a female celebrity for no fault of theirs face the brunt of angry Indian trolls. In the latest case, Miranda Kerr is the victim of horrendous online trolling because of her fiancé’s professional life. The Australian model is in a relationship with Evan Spiegel since 2015. Snapdeal mistaken for Snapchat and uninstalled by angry users enraged at Evan Speigel’s comment ‘India is poor’!

From calling Miranda Kerr a mindless person to be in a relationship with Evan Spiegel to asking her to teach him about the powerful nation, Indian users are stopping at nothing. It is a pity to see such a shameful behaviour from the online trolls against a person who is unnecessarily dragged into the controversy. Indians in their everyday fights use cuss words related to opponents female relatives and the rampage against Miranda looks no different. This veiled attack against Miranda Kerr reminds us of the trolling Bollywood actress Anushka Sharma faced when her cricketer boyfriend Virat Kohli under-performed in the matches. Take a look at the poor display of bashing by trolls. Snapchat denies CEO Evan Spiegel called ‘India as poor country’, as claimed by ex-employee of social media app.

1. Indians will find you and teach you a lesson!

2. Really Dumb of this person posting it!
3. Are you serious troll about posting this piece of s**t?

4. She has better things to do, brotha!

5. Proud Indians are on a carnage!

6. Not much sense, but will still puke hatred

7. Teach him manners while I learn none!

The fiasco started after American website, Variety report quoted an ex-employee of Snapchat, Anthony Pompliano claimed that Snapchat CEO told him that the popular app is “only for rich people” and he showed no interest in expanding business to ” poor countries like India and Spain”. Despite parent company Snap.inc denying the remarks, the Indian users seem in no mood to forgive the popular photo-messaging app easily.

http://www.india.com/buzz/snapchat-...is-poor-countries-like-india-comment-2036845/

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I beg to disagree, people are upset because we, South Asians, are emotional bunch who can't take critics. Snapchat was originally developed for teenagers, specially kids under 15 and this age group is still the largest user of the app here in the west. They don't care about politics or blind nationalism, all the want is funny tools and frames to edit and share your pics.
Who is not an emotional bunch? Every country who has sufficient internet penetration will react the same way.

Fact is every country is so self absorbed that they believe they are the only ones reacting this way.

Neo

Who is not an emotional bunch? Every country who has sufficient internet penetration will react the same way.

Fact is every country is so self absorbed that they believe they are the only ones reacting this way.
I searched Spanish media and found nothing. Please do share if you find any articles or tweets with hurt Spanish ego.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I searched Spanish media and found nothing. Please do share if you find any articles or tweets with hurt Spanish ego.
Spain has its own problems with their economy right.

Too many Indians have too much spare time on their hands.. [emoji12]

But on a serious note..

All the news channels wants us to outrage on every little thing every night , both in India and Pakistan. Does the media think that people should not outrage spontaneously over something without their approval. Kuch bhi.

I say more power to more outrages in the future, I personally feel we don't outrage enough on international matter. We should play this victim card more often. While commie libtard industry runs on this victimhood formula .

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Yes, we will Troll !! We will give a gaint FUCK YOU to everyone.We Indians will not only troll but will also continue satire. This is how we show resent . DEAL WITH IT. As the world says we are just bunch of uncouth cow herders.

P.S: Still better than lynching and bashing people skulls .

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Check out Snapchat's ratings on the Spanish app store. Also checkout the trends on when the ratings started to drop.

And Snapchat being a product for adolescents is irrelevant. It is a business being run by adults, who should have known better (if the the CEO indeed said what he did).

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

I think the latter is what has upset people? Many other companies differ. Anyway just silly of a CEO to lose a market of 1.2 billion people.nt from my iPhone using Tapatalk
why not someone in India develop a better version of it

and then sell that in india

i suggest call it snapchai

Reactions: Neo

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag

It is a shit app. Better to invest energy elsewhere.

prohumanity

Country flag
What's big deal if he called India poor country.

Yes...its a big deal as it amounts to insulting and derogating a giant nation...its to hurt feelings of people. why this bastard did not call rwanda, uganda or ethiopia poor countries?

It matters a much as someone calling Jesus a schizophrenic because he used to hear voices,,its llike calling Muhammad a pig who was pedophile......doesn,t such stupid utterances hurt setiments of christians and muslims?
And then this moron wants to sell his app..snapchat and make millions after insulting india

Hurting peoples feelings have consequences ..remember consequences of habdo cartoo n of Muhammad and its aftermath. Respect and get respect back...you arrogant western man !

Last edited by a moderator:

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
It matters because it is obviously bullshit. India might be poor in GDP per capita (whatever the technical term is for it).. But there is a huge mass of people (probably as much as the population of America) who have the purchasing power as citizens of developed countries. No sir, this speech has nothing to do with economics but everything to do with good old fashioned racism.. Fuck that shit, and the Pakistani monkey chattering away on this thread (still open to travelling to Amsterdam and punching you in the Goddamn nose).
He should be reminded that homelessness is very high in Britain and it is increasing.......
James bond now advertises for pan Gutkha....
We Indians own a large part of their industries and jobs plus we are one of the biggest investors in UK...........

These mofos will pay

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Spain has its own problems with their economy right.

Too many Indians have too much spare time on their hands.. [emoji12]

But on a serious note..

All the news channels wants us to outrage on every little thing every night , both in India and Pakistan. Does the media think that people should not outrage spontaneously over something without their approval. Kuch bhi.

I say more power to more outrages in the future, I personally feel we don't outrage enough on international matter. We should play this victim card more often. While commie libtard industry runs on this victimhood formula .
Here's an example of the outrage phenomenon going around globally .. everybody gets outraged over something or the other across the world on a daily basis.

Adidas sparks furor with Boston Marathon 'survivor' email
http://www.wionews.com/world/adidas-sparks-furor-with-boston-marathon-survivor-email-14671

lest we forget the same libtards at NDTV in snapchat case argued that "Are indians so insecure that we have to outrage over the CEO comments".

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Personally, I don't give two hoots about Snapchat or it's CEO's view on India. It's not as if the product has any real value that I matters how much they expand into the Indian market.

However, it's natural for the people to react. SM democratizes speech, that includes desent and outrage. Sometimes people will outrage over things that appear silly to be us, however, that's their right.

This is hardly an India issue. Just look at the stupid outrage the commies have been trying to generate in the US post elections there. Their meltdown is beyond anything seen before.

On the economic front, it seems silly to ignore an ever expanding market with a middle class larger than the US population; but it's hardly my job to correct the CEO of an unicorn such as this.

Regarding the trolling of his GF, get over it.

Country flag

Nothing special about this messenger app teenagers seem to prefer instagram but the special thing about this seems to be altering pictures . This app is a passing fad until the next fad comes

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles