Smart City in India: How it can change the face of country

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Just thinking:

Why should we not develop some of the 100 smart cities as "Fusion cities".
My definition of fusion city is that it is built with influence of any one country in mind. Cities can be built using best of both worlds. For example say a Japanese smart city for our discussion purpose. The architecture will be a mix of indian and Japanese heritage. There will be a Japanese language influence in the city theme.

This should help expats or NRI' from that particular country to settle down in india comfortably. This is considering that india will be more globally integrated than now 20-30 years from now.

let's discuss advantages and disadvantages of this approach.

anupamsurey

Country flag
Just thinking:

Why should we not develop some of the 100 smart cities as "Fusion cities".
My definition of fusion city is that it is built with influence of any one country in mind. Cities can be built using best of both worlds. For example say a Japanese smart city for our discussion purpose. The architecture will be a mix of indian and Japanese heritage. There will be a Japanese language influence in the city theme.

This should help expats or NRI' from that particular country to settle down in india comfortably. This is considering that india will be more globally integrated than now 20-30 years from now.

let's discuss advantages and disadvantages of this approach.
i dont know about fusion cities but there are paired cities which are also called as twin cities, many cities in India have collaborated with top global cities.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
i dont know about fusion cities but there are paired cities which are also called as twin cities, many cities in India have collaborated with top global cities.
Would it be possible to name some twin cities and collaborated cities in india?
Thanks

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@anupamsurey
Thank you for the link.

The cities mentioned have done very little beyond signing MOUs and MLA's ministers going for holiday trips in the name of official visits. This old way of thinking has not much to show for results.

Last edited by a moderator:

anupamsurey

Country flag
@anupamsurey
Thank you for the link.

The cities mentioned have done very little beyond signing MOUs and MLA's ministers going for holiday trips in the name of official visits. This old way of thinking has not much to show for results.
THAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH INDIA ISNT IT?

there is a difference between what we have and what we do with it, we have very good relations with many many nations but we have failed to achieve anything useful out of it, these city pact were just nominal earlier but i am happy to see that the new govt is utilizing some benefits out of it. earlier such benefits were evident only in case of education but now even trade and cultural exchanges have been promised.

by the way such initiatives are taken to create a concept what we call as GLOBAL VILLAGE, many nations follow it and i am happy to see that we have good no. of cities in this kind of programmes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles