Skirmishs at LOC, LAC & International Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammer head

Country flag
May be Pak army tries to rather target personals through sniper, or actually waiting to see when are the personals together and just 2-3 shells does the job. This saves the cost. And who knows if they are porki soldiers or bearded haramis.
These haramis ae sometimes innovative.

you are not getting my point.
Bro your streching a simple thing far too long.

Their is NOTHING KNOW AS " MAY BE" In PAK ARMY, to kill the enemy you know the enemy in out. Sniping is preffted coz it DOES not increase the Magnitude of fire Area weapons. I rest my case here.

SELVAM

May be Pak army tries to rather target personals through sniper, or actually waiting to see when are the personals together and just 2-3 shells does the job. This saves the cost. And who knows if they are porki soldiers or bearded haramis.
These haramis ae sometimes innovative.

you are not getting my point.
You r beyond repair, Snipers and mortars are used by both sides. I'm sure pakis r not getting their mortar shells for free.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
You r beyond repair, Snipers and mortars are used by both sides. I'm sure pakis r not getting their mortar shells for free.
Now you'r talking.

IA can spend more on mortars even if it missed the target. PA has to play safe because they are bhikaris, this is why they use it precisely.

Prashant12

Country flag
Doklam stand-off gain: IAF to build more bomb-proof hangars across northeast

The clearance to build blast-proof in a war footing across the North East came from the Prime Minister Office, top sources told India Today.

The Indian Air Force (IAF) will construct more bomb-proof hangars across airfields in north east India to house fighter jets. Blast-proof hangers protect fighter jets when airfields are under attack.

Although a long standing demand of the IAF, the need for blast proof hangars for fighters was again underlined during the two-and-half-month-long Doklam stand-off in Bhutan between the Indian and Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA).

The clearance to build blast-proof in a war footing across the North East came from the Prime Minister Office, top sources have told India Today. The total project is likely to cost the Indian exchequer about a thousand crore.

The need for more blast-proof hangars had been highlighted earlier too. The previous UPA government, however, had failed to act.

For security reasons India Today will not reveal the numbers or the locations of blast-proof hangars.

Evaluation of the possible scenarios during the crisis showed that India had an edge over China. But, it also revealed the need for more blast-proof hangars to house fighters.

Top sources told India Today, that China suffers from inherent disadvantages. Chinese fighter jets taking -off from the Tibetan Plateau's will have to trade-off between the pay-load and fuel they carry because of the height of the TAR.

India, on the contrary, suffers from no such disadvantage. "Having more blast-proof hangars in the North East will enhance the capability of the IAF further," top sources told India Today.

China has about 10 airfields in the Tibet Autonomous Region (TAR). But, none of the Chinese airfields have blast-proof hangars which can house fighters.

"Positioning or operating fighters from these airfields in case of full-scale war will difficult for China," sources told India Today and added "without boom-proof hangar's protecting fighters on ground will be difficult for them."

The IAF has stationed Russian made Su-30MKi deep strike bombers in Tejpur recently. It has also assets distributed in Chauba in Dibrugarh in Assam and in Hashimara in West Bengal.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/...m-stand-off-bomb-proof-hangars/1/1053184.html

SELVAM

Now you'r talking.

IA can spend more on mortars even if it missed the target. PA has to play safe because they are bhikaris, this is why they use it precisely.
Same bs from u, mortar is not a precision weapon. Still both sides use it

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Same bs from u, mortar is not a precision weapon. Still both sides use it
I agree that post to post fire is what hammer head said goe that way but India does not use this on their civilians but they precisionaly use it on Indian territory where civilian live,. This is also known as precision hitting. They select a topography, set the mil measurement right. Giving India a message.

There are lots of things which happen at L/C

My first post which you quoted was this only.

SELVAM

I agree that post to post fire is what hammer head said goe that way but India does not use this on their civilians but they precisionaly use it on Indian territory where civilian live,. This is also known as precision hitting. They select a topography, set the mil measurement right. Giving India a message.

There are lots of things which happen at L/C

My first post which you quoted was this only.
Stop ranting, What message they want to give india? Mostly they will try to target Hindu and Muslim gujjars along LoC. Nothing new in it

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Stop ranting, What message they want to give india? Mostly they will try to target Hindu and Muslim gujjars along LoC. Nothing new in it
That the porki haramis can also hit effectively the muslim gujjars if local people support IA during CT ops. This is how they send official message. What you going to do about it?
Simple retaliation.

SELVAM

That the porki haramis can also hit effectively the muslim gujjars if local people support IA during CT ops. This is how they send official message. What you going to do about it?
Simple retaliation.

Stop your rant man, pakis always target pro indian population along LoC & IB. Nothing new in it.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Stop your rant man, pakis always target pro indian population along LoC & IB. Nothing new in it.
so this will remain like this and IA will do nothing. Are you pointing towards let PA target kashmiris? LOL

SELVAM

so this will remain like this and IA will do nothing. Are you pointing towards let PA target kashmiris? LOL
You can't do anything. This war of attrition. This firing is done to increase the cost for pakis to their terrorist infrastructure . Unfortunately civilians in the both sides will be affected. This is happening for almost 3 decades.

Now stop your whining

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Does the Indian Army considers Pakistan as its enemy? Or does it think of Pakistan as a tool to strength n toughen our troopers?

I am leaning towards the Or part.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
You can't do anything. This war of attrition. This firing is done to increase the cost for pakis to their terrorist infrastructure . Unfortunately civilians in the both sides will be affected. This is happening for almost 3 decades.

Now stop your whining
Negative
this will not increase any cost. And even if it increases they will stay quite for a while and when then have enough money, they will bounce back. Because the machinery is Army.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
Does the Indian Army considers Pakistan as its enemy? Or does it think of Pakistan as a tool to strength n toughen our troopers?

I am leaning towards the Or part.
You see, now days these skirmish have become common and no one gives a damn. Even media will be thinking, inka toh roz ka hai. Kabhi unke 4 kabhi humarey 4.

The fact is it's a stale mate and will remain a stale mate because of many reasons.

SELVAM

Negative
this will not increase any cost. And even if it increases they will stay quite for a while and when then have enough money, they will bounce back. Because the machinery is Army.
We r targetting Pakistan army and rangers. So they hav to take losses

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
We r targetting Pakistan army and rangers. So they hav to take losses
What is the achievement? India is way more powerful. 5 maar bhi diye unke it's not a surprize.. what's there to cheer? India should be capable of inflicting damage to threat.

SELVAM

India is not way more powerful than Pakistan. You can't achieve any strategic objectives in LoC firing.
What is the achievement? India is way more powerful. 5 maar bhi diye unke it's not a surprize.. what's there to cheer? India should be capable of inflicting damage to threat.

delbruky

THE VALOR OF BHAI SATI DAS 1621-1675
Country flag
Not sure if this the Right forum to discuss techniques but a thought just crossed my mind. Is it possible to detect heat signatures of rangers/terrorists hiding in bunkers right across LOC (say 800m to 100 m from loc). Also is it possible track via satellites and target via ground artillery the vehicles carrying such targets to and from their bunkers? I saw an Owen Wilson movie "Behind enemy Lines", where such tracking was deemed possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles