Should India sign CISMOA ?

Country flag
It is not a love triangle!

Russia is up for sale and will sell itself to the highest bidder, which is definitely China in this case. Until Russia puts its act together i.e. stop its dependence on fossils and develop some industries other than defense, it will have to lick Chinese ass.
Chinese are pumping the big money they have more influence. No need to compete with them. It is a big world with many other countries and choices. Russia's only hope is fossil fuel and China is their biggest customer. India -Russia trade has always been one way mostly favoring Russia. The trade with USA is more balanced and opposite beyond defense . Note Putin also hesitated in India's UNSC wish. USA has clearly backed it and NSG membership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie

Country flag
CISMOA is more about business than it's about snooping that everyone here feels, it's just some American companies loosing business because India didn't sign the agreement. Harris Corp, Raytheon and to some extent Rockwell Collins I think loose a lot of business because of this. These defence contractors can make lot of money once India signs CISMOA.

Navneet Kundu

Note Putin also hesitated in India's UNSC wish. USA has clearly backed it and NSG membership
The only reason the US says they back India's UNSC bid is based on the fact that they know that China will veto it. They don't actually endorse it. I am sure they take great pains, behind the scenes, to tell the Chinese to veto Indian requests. That way Indians keep thinking that US is trying but China is playing spoilsport. The US will never allow India to get UNSC seat or NSG seat with full previliges. Here's a youtube link where the US congress guy says that once India is inside NSG it will block Pakistan, so India should not be given full membership. It also means that the US has plans to induct Pakistan into the NSG in the future. Think about that :

We don't need to sign CISMOA, if the US needs Indian participation so desperatele, they can subvert their law to suit Indian interests, we don't need to budge even an inch. After all, the US subverted their own non-proliferation certification to Pakistan every time since 1980 till today. Don't get into this American randi-rona about 'oh, it's a law and we can't break the law so India must sign it'. If geopolitics demands, they will make exceptions. If not, they can take a hike. One example of this is the MTCR. In this case the US wants to include India in it because the US Military Industrial lobby is putting pressure on the US administration to include India so that they can sell missiles to India. That's the language these people understand.

India should not fall in the trap of appeasing their law. Their law does not apply to us. If they amend their laws to suit Indias needs maybe then we can perform the mere formality of signing it, otherwise we should not sign any law that imposes any legal obligation on India. We didn't sign any such law even during the Paris climate summit, we didn't sign any such law in the WTO summit, we didn't sign CTBT, we did not sign NPT, we don't sign shit, the US can take a hike.

Country flag
Why is India even giving the seat so much importance? After ww2 seat was offered and Nehru completely rejected it another disaster move by him but nobody offering and we are looking for it imo NSG is
More important than UNSC. If Pakistan is offered or not is no relevance. India is not going to be always rewarded for portraying itself as a good boy and Pakistan as the bad boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navneet Kundu

Why is India even giving the seat so much importance?
Actually, we aren't giving it any importance. It's the irresponsible media which starts jumping up and down every time UNSC is mentioned. If you look objectively, we aren't doing anything over and above what any other UN member is doing. The media makes us feel like 'oh, we are doing so much but still we aren't getting the seat'. Our military power has already transgressed that threshold where it wouldn't matter if the UNSC passes an anti-India war resolution and no one vetoes it. What army is the UN going to fight us with? most of UN troops are Indian, rest are Paki and Bangla. If an adverse resolution is passed, we pull our troops back.

:hehe:

sorcerer

Country flag
US Close to Signing Deals with India in Defence, Communications: Pacific Command

WASHINGTON: The US is close to signing three foundational agreements with India in fields of defence and communications that will give a big boost to the bilateral ties, a top American military commander has said.

"We were moving out aggressively in technical field with DTTI (Defense Technology and Trade Initiative)," US Pacific Command Commander Admiral Harry Harris said in response to a question on India-US defence relationship.

"There are some what we call foundational agreements that have to be executed with partner nations in order to move, quote unquote, 'to the next level'. And we are working with India on the signing of those foundational agreements," he said during his testimony before the House Committee on Armed Services.

One of those is the LSA -- Logistics Support Agreement -- which allows us to do the cross servicing -- acquisition cross servicing, for example, he said.

"Another one is called the CISMOA (Communications and Information Security Memorandum of Agreement), and it involves communications security so that we can be assured that India will protect our communications as we would protect theirs," Harris said.

"So these are foundation agreements that we enact with every country we work with. We have not gotten to the point of signing them with India, but I think we're close. We're closer now than we ever have been, and I'm encouraged by what I'm hearing from my colleagues in India, and I look forward to having that discussion with them when I go there next week," Harris said
The Pacific Command Commander is headed to India next week for a wide range of talks with his Indian counterparts.

Source>>

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

garg_bharat

Country flag
American weapons come with strings attached. Nothing to see here.

You want it, you have to sign.

Global Defence

Articles