Should, and could India intervene in Iraq crisis?

HMS Astute

India gives two times the aid than Finland. Their population is 230 times more...I think reason is that they use the money internally for all in need. I read somewhere there is 400 million in poverty in India.
Of course, nobody beats Nordic countries in this regard. :)

Well, India is still a developing country with many internal problems, but we must appreciate the fact that it's image abroad is dramatically improving in several aspects. What's up with China, anyway!

prohumanity

Country flag
May be he is drunk...does not know what he is talking....hard to figure out. In nut shell....Create Mess ,then, bomb ...create civil wars..then, send aid...pit nations against each other .....ALL TO CONTINUE HEGEMONY ! (which will not continue)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If it happens than it will lead break up of existing states into few new ones and it will weaken the Shia's in the region. This is the outcome Saudi regime would like to see at the end of the day.

What is your assessment of the latest developments?
The chaos in Syria requires to be controlled, use it as a firm base, and then go for the IS from the flank.

Turkey must be taken on board.

ghost

What i am expressing here is just my opinion, based on whatever knowledge i could gain through various sources.To answer it , one should be aware of the actual ground situation over there.

Anyways, as per me India has no business in Iraq right now.Unlike Bangladesh where people were overwhelmingly against a certain regime,in Iraq it is just chaos ,if people does not like isis then they don't like the present ruling government either. If any foreign government take action against isis ,it would be attached to the present Iraqi government and all the ills of the the Iraqi government would be attached to that country whoever support that government .It is a sectarian,bad governance,violent chaos over there,to put your hands inside that chaos, you are most likely to burn your hands.There is nothing to gain fighting ISIS over there strategically for India.So India should stay away.

Having said all this,if one decide to keep aside strategic interest and want to act just for the sake of humanity.Be it any country including India,should take lead and propose in united nations to help setup a safe zone inside Iraq,most probably the kurdistan region.Which will be defended by UN under the leadership and majority of resources ,troops of India.What that safe zone will offer would be protection to all the people from Iraq,from all sect and religion who want to escape horror of war,execution,hunger etc.Inside that safe zone we should offer relief in form of food ,water,medical help,shelter,protection.We should declare that we will not be involved in conflict or take any side we are there only to protect innocent people from the horror of war.But if that safe zone is attacked by any party (isis/or others) strict offensive action will be taken to ensure protection of safe zone.I think this is the best way to project power and gain goodwill without indulging in the mess over there.

Dhairya Yadav

What i am expressing here is just my opinion, based on whatever knowledge i could gain through various sources.To answer it , one should be aware of the actual ground situation over there.

Anyways, as per me India has no business in Iraq right now.Unlike Bangladesh where people were overwhelmingly against a certain regime,in Iraq it is just chaos ,if people does not like isis then they don't like the present ruling government either. If any foreign government take action against isis ,it would be attached to the present Iraqi government and all the ills of the the Iraqi government would be attached to that country whoever support that government .It is a sectarian,bad governance,violent chaos over there,to put your hands inside that chaos, you are most likely to burn your hands.There is nothing to gain fighting ISIS over there strategically for India.So India should stay away.

Having said all this,if one decide to keep aside strategic interest and want to act just for the sake of humanity.Be it any country including India,should take lead and propose in united nations to help setup a safe zone inside Iraq,most probably the kurdistan region.Which will be defended by UN under the leadership and majority of resources ,troops of India.What that safe zone will offer would be protection to all the people from Iraq,from all sect and religion who want to escape horror of war,execution,hunger etc.Inside that safe zone we should offer relief in form of food ,water,medical help,shelter,protection.We should declare that we will not be involved in conflict or take any side we are there only to protect innocent people from the horror of war.But if that safe zone is attacked by any party (isis/or others) strict offensive action will be taken to ensure protection of safe zone.I think this is the best way to project power and gain goodwill without indulging in the mess over there.
Even if we set a safe zone, im pretty sure IS wont honour it . About the offensive action you are saying, wont it result in full fledged conflict between IS and india?

ghost

Even if we set a safe zone, im pretty sure IS wont honour it . About the offensive action you are saying, wont it result in full fledged conflict between IS and india?

Al baghdadi is a smart person,i am quite sure instead of indulging with UN and India(who are not directly interfering) ,he would like to focus his attention towards Iraqi government.Even if isis attack then first we will have a valid ground for offensive action,without projecting us against a certain sect.Second i do not think of isis as a capable force against a decent military power.

The main strength of isis is guerrilla warfare,that they can carry out by mixing in the crowd and plus they would need support in public in the area they try to carry out such warfare.In kurdish region all are against isis,to carry out attack on our safe zone isis have to come out in the open ,instead of waiting and hiding in between common people in the areas they hold.And while doing so they will expose themselves to fighter planes ,combat helicopters and tanks of India and UN.So they will literally get slaughtered, if they ever decide to do so_Offensive action does not mean sending in your foot soldiers into isis controlled territory,just take out their light artillery,and pick up truck with heavy machine guns which form the bulk of isis strength through air power.It would be an easy target practice and be rest assured Bagdadi is no fool he would never want this.And since it would be an un authorized mission any attack on it would be attack on world community which bagdahdi would not want at this point of time ,as he would be aware that you do not take knife to gunfight.

Based on India track record ,i do not think India would do so. But then if you want international importance,your clout in international decision making and community it would not come by just wishing and hoping for it,India has to be proactive and show to the world that India can come to their rescue.If India do so ,not only it would help us to attain permanent un security council seat but it will bring a lot of goodwill to India.As it would be basically a humanitarian mission rather than being military one.You do not get importance just by wishing it but by ur actions.

SADAKHUSH

Country flag
The chaos in Syria requires to be controlled, use it as a firm base, and then go for the IS from the flank.

Turkey must be taken on board.
Who is going to take a lead in order to do it? The creation of one terror organization after another is the work of regional power players in order to protect their own lifestyle and it is unlikely any one will give in to the demands of others. These leaders have no long term vision other than fight and kill. They have to have one sincere soul to stand up and say "Enough is Enough" and ask for a regional meeting of all concerned citizens to put their focus towards regional economic development to provide much needed jobs to the young and old.

prohumanity

Country flag
West creates ..west destroys...G-7 has tons of money..tons of weapons...tons of ambition...let them destroy ISIS. India should sit back and watch ! If they need help...they will call their old friends..Pakis..Saudis royals ..Philipinos..Jordanians ...They don't need India or China or Russia or Iraninas or Brazilians.

Dhairya Yadav

West creates ..west destroys...G-7 has tons of money..tons of weapons...tons of ambition...let them destroy ISIS. India should sit back and watch ! If they need help...they will call their old friends..Pakis..Saudis royals ..Philipinos..Jordanians ...They don't need India or China or Russia or Iraninas or Brazilians.
They dont need? they think India will never do such thing, so they dont bother to ask. NATO actually has a plan for Pakistan if they go completely unstable to snatch their Nuclear Arsenal from them. India is also a part of this . Since this came into talks, Pakistan started distancing themselves from NATO, but their shitty economy prevents them to do so. In cold war, Pakistan was an asset for US, now its just a liability. And, why do we need US's permission to help other country? We need Iraq's which wont deny us(until any backdoor pressure from west).

Kshatriya87

Country flag
My opinion would be to sit back and monitor the situation. We should not participate there as this may lead to protests and another branch of ISIS emerging from inside India through some hardliners who support the said terrorist group. Also, I have spoken to many of my muslim friends about the situation in Libya, Syria, Iraq and Gaza. No matter how valid my point is, they never support us or anyone else killing muslims in any part of the world.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
We should not intervene. Let the barbarians kill each other. Lesser barbarians for the rest of the world to contend with. And it will also help to weed out the barbarians in hiding inside india by bringing them out in open when they come in support of these barbarians, like the 12 barbarians who came out in support of them in TN who were arrested

Country flag
India has been headed in this direction since independence. Government policies
Of divide and rule encourages extremism on both sides.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
India has been headed in this direction since independence. Government policies
Of divide and rule encourages extremism on both sides.
Funny thing really. India is a democracy, meaning govt is elected by the people. Govt is doin just what the people here want it to do.

And what extremism of both sides?:rolleyes: Is that why BJP keeps biting dust in all elections?

Country flag
Funny thing really. India is a democracy, meaning govt is elected by the people. Govt is doin just what the people here want it to do.

And what extremism of both sides?:rolleyes: Is that why BJP keeps biting dust in all elections?
I am not speaking of any parties but when on party give special privileges to one group the
other group views it negatively and thus begins the cycle of extremism which breeds more
extremism. All this can be Avoided by simply having ONE LAW of the land for all.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
I am not speaking of any parties but when on party give special privileges to one group the
other group views it negatively and thus begins the cycle of extremism which breeds more
extremism. All this can be Avoided by simply having ONE LAW of the land for all.
This another common misconception I keep on hearing- UCC will somehow magically remove islamisation.

Has countries with UCC successfully stopped islamisation? Are you going to claim France has no islamic problems whatsover?

UCC wont change the basic barbarity of 7th century death cults .

Dhairya Yadav

Anybody, who is openly supporting ISIS, should be arrested in no time. Also, even though not for good reasons, ISIS supporters in India would think twice before rising against PM Narendra Modi. Everyone knows why :p

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles