Shah Rukh Khan to be banned for life from entering Wankhede

KS

Bye bye DFI
SRK should be banned from theatres.

The frustration of the other two Khans gobbling him up is very frustrating I guess.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
because kkkkking khan has been banned.

He should play the anti-muslim card.
That is I think unlikely. Though , I am not fond of his movies ,but he is not bad person. I remember Salman playing the communal card when arrested but that is not coming from SRK.

pmaitra

Ok, since SRK got into a scuffle and got banned form Wankhede, Mamata also threw her shawl at another MP in the Parliament, why wasn't she banned form the Parliament?

Mamata likes people who act like thugs.

I think Mamata should know when to keep quiet.

Blackwater

because kkkkking khan has been banned.

He should play the anti-muslim card.
he thinks he is above law. first he criticized american law and their security measures and now here in stadium,

his days r over. Alllah sharukh ko uski aukat dekhao

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Shah Rukh Khan has been brought down to Mother Earth by the policeman/ security chap with the whistle.

The policeman/ security chap was only doing his duty.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Toothless ban (at least in this IPL)
5-yr lock on SRK, board yet to clear

Mumbai, May 18: The Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) has banned or recommended to ban Shah Rukh Khan for five years from the Wankhede Stadium, where no remaining match of the ongoing IPL season is scheduled.

The altercation-induced action — announced by Congress leader Vilasrao Deshmukh whose son is close to Shah Rukh — was immediately sucked into a twilight zone with the BCCI terming it as a "recommendation" and saying the cricket board would take the final decision.

The remaining matches of IPL-V will be played in Pune, Bangalore and Chennai.

A tweet from KKR team director Joy Bhattacharjya put the ban in perspective. "For all the difference it makes to his life. It's like banning Gautam Gambhir from Mehboob studios."

Statements from MCA and BCCI sources suggested many are hoping that the "exemplary five-year ban" — a bit of a downsizing, considering a life ban was initially discussed — would pacify the Mumbai officials and a compromise would be worked out later.

A faint hint of a threat came from a senior cricket administrator in Delhi, too, who suggested that subsequent IPLs can always bank on stadia elsewhere if the Wankhede, in spite of its legendary status, is shut out for a team owner.

"We have handed a five-year ban on him and it was a unanimous decision. It applies to any match whether domestic or international at the Wankhede," Deshmukh, MCA president and Union minister, told a news conference after a 20-minute meeting of the managing committee.

An MCA official said the decision to impose a ban for five years, instead of for life, was based on a proposal by the president. "Vilasrao was livid about Shah Rukh's behaviour. But they (Shah Rukh and Deshmukh) have had a long relationship and, somewhere, it held him back," said the official.

MCA sources said Deshmukh was finding himself caught between a rock and a hard place. Said to be nursing aspirations to play a central role in the BCCI at some point, Deshmukh cannot afford to antagonise the MCA.

"He was aware that he could not upset the majority of MCA members who were baying for SRK's blood. If he has to get a foothold in the BCCI, he will need their votes," a source said.

Deshmukh did not disappoint the MCA members. "If rules are violated, action will be taken. It does not depend who the individual is. It's a message to everyone, whosoever he or she may be, that stern action will be taken if there is any misbehaviour," he said.

But the former chief minister kept the door ajar by saying he did not have any control over the BCCI.

Asked if the BCCI can reverse the decision to ban Shah Rukh, Deshmukh said: "We have taken a decision to protect the dignity of our association. The BCCI is our parent body and we have written to them informing them what had happened. We have no control over the BCCI's decision. We are also an independent body with the Wankhede being our property."

A BCCI official said the board's stamp of approval was needed to make the decision operational.

"The MCA is a state body. According to rules, it can only recommend such a ban but the final decision has to be taken by the BCCI. We in the board will decide when it comes before us," IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla said.

Toothless ban (at least in this IPL)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Deshmukh will have to eat humble pie.

Money speaks and BCCI know which is the goose that lays the golden egg!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Vilasrao Deshmukh will calm down otherwise his newly wedded son will suffer :pft:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Deshmukh will not take it lying down from an actor.

His son and his daughter in law in any case are no great shakes.

Deshmukh has made enough money to look after for his next 14 generation!

He is already in problems.

He has to prove that Maharastra is greater than an actor, who enjoys the hospitality of the Mumbaikars!

This Marathi manoos stuff has greater appeal in Bombay (if not elsewhere in Maharastra) and I have seen it first hand.

I saw a Marathi maid having a huge verbal spat with a Bihari driver who refused to talk in Marathi!

Last edited:
Reactions: nrj

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
This Marathi manoos stuff has greater appeal in Bombay (if not elsewhere in Maharastra) and I have seen it first hand.
Sir that 100% true !

And people get uncomfortable when I say that, Mumbaikars are wannabe Maharashtrians :rofl:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
in this incident, good to see security guard having guts to say no to SRK, security guard was not intimidated by the star status of SRK. He is just doing his job.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Nrj,

Being a Mahar, I have travelled all over Maharashtra to keep up with my boys.

I don't find the same subnationalism as I see in Mumbai.

Mumbai maybe the capital, but it is not really the REAL Maharashtra.

I have too many Marathi relations to not know how they feel or how my Mahar boys feel.

In fact, when I am in Maharashtra, I forget that I am not a Marathi! :)

Maharashtra is somehow in my blood!

Reactions: nrj

niharjhatn

He should have put on his serious face - "My name is Kh-Kh-Khan and I am not a terrorist" :D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles