Seychelles invites China to set up anti-piracy base!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sigh, I will try this one last time.

The point is not how many ships you got. The question is how you gonna do that and not affect the trafic in general. There are other countries using Malaccas. The ships carrying chinese oils may using them own flags.
Are you gonna stop all ships? A US ship may carrying oil heading for China. You gonna stop them as well? How you gonna separate those?

The fact that you dont answer those questions, tells me you dont have a clue.

A naval blockade is by no means an easy feat. Especially when there are other countries involved. It is not just India and China. The sooner you realise it, the sooner you can move away from internet warmongering.
In times of war and with entire Asia aganst China, an asia pacific military bloc more than likely that includes India, I dont know which nations ship will carry your oil in troubled times. India will reserve the right to block ships.

agentperry

By the time India has the indian ocean covered 2100?:rofl:, china will literally have the whole world covered. But by then India, which most likely will see her population balloning to 3 billion or more, probably won't be as hostile towards east asians as she is now, because as the country become somalia times 10, she will become a giant basket-case completely dependent on humanitarian aids from international community in particular China, for basic survival.
see thats what happen when you sleep with pakistan. shit man now you too are affected by bacterio pakistania. get well soon mamu

ice berg

In times of war and with entire Asia aganst China, an asia pacific military bloc more than likely that includes India, I dont know which nations ship will carry your oil in troubled times. India will reserve the right to block ships.
Why not the whole world once you first get going?
Last time, I checked the map, there are many countries in Asia. You must be living in a dream land if you think every country in Asia is against China. An asia pacific bloc? They already exist. Ever heard about US, Japan ? Korea? Oh by the way, they have existed for decades in case you wonder.

And which nation will carry the oil? Why, any nation with a shipping industry and can make a profit.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sigh, I will try this one last time.

The point is not how many ships you got. The question is how you gonna do that and not affect the trafic in general. There are other countries using Malaccas. The ships carrying chinese oils may using them own flags.
Are you gonna stop all ships? A US ship may carrying oil heading for China. You gonna stop them as well? How you gonna separate those?

The fact that you dont answer those questions, tells me you dont have a clue.

A naval blockade is by no means an easy feat. Especially when there are other countries involved. It is not just India and China. The sooner you realise it, the sooner you can move away from internet warmongering.
A naval blockade of any Strait is heaven sent to any Navy.

The US blockaded Cuba in an open sea.

US will not be carrying any oil for China since if there is a blockade required, it will be led by the US! That itself, will stop others as mentioned above from carrying oil for China.

What is so difficult to inspect ships? North Korean ships are regularly boarded to check for nuclear or missile shipments!

The political price will be huge. Unless India is pushed to the edge, it wont happend.
And what will be the chinese response?
Such an eventuality will only happen when India has calculated the political price.

By the time India has the indian ocean covered in maybe 2100?:rofl:, china will literally have the whole world covered. But by then India, which most likely will see her population balloning to 3 billion or more, probably won't be as hostile towards east asians as she is now, because as the country become somalia times 10, she will become a giant basket-case completely dependent on humanitarian aids from international community in particular China, for basic survival.
I think you are overestimating Chinese capabilities.

And the fact that you are stricken with fear is indicative of your dreaming what India will look like in the future!

Tarry a while, imagine what China will be because of the One child policy - China will be a nation of old and doddering walking stick assisted population.

Why not the whole world once you first get going?
Last time, I checked the map, there are many countries in Asia. You must be living in a dream land if you think every country in Asia is against China. An asia pacific bloc? They already exist. Ever heard about US, Japan ? Korea? Oh by the way, they have existed for decades in case you wonder.

And which nation will carry the oil? Why, any nation with a shipping industry and can make a profit.
As one can cull from the media and think tank reports from the US, Japan, India, Australia,Vietnam, Philippines et al, it appears that all are working towards challenging the growing bellicosity of China.

Profits and Money may be the be all and end all of the Chinese mindset, but then it is not the same with others.

The Chinese media has cried shrilly that the US was leading the Asia Pacific nations in an attempt to 'contain' China.

Therefore, if there is a confrontation, they will all synergies their assets to ensure the sealanes to and from the Indian Ocean are denied to China.

In such a situation, none will carry oil bound for China since, even if they want to, none will cover the insurance for their ship and cargo.

Last edited:

tony4562

Tihar Jail
Banned
You really think we are interested in Chinese fairy tales?
Just like food knows no borders, this book is a good read for every nationalistic indian. It will help you to get to know yourself much better, and in the process cure all your problems.8) Trust me its time well spent.

ice berg

If you say so.

India is not US and China is not Cuba. (cant believe I have to explain even this....sigh)

US will not be carrying any oil for China since if there is a blockade required, it will be led by the US! That itself, will stop others as mentioned above from carrying oil for China.

We were talking about an indian blockade. Now suddenly it is a US blockade? I know it is hard for you, Ray, but try to stick to one topic at a time.

What is so difficult to inspect ships? North Korean ships are regularly boarded to check for nuclear or missile shipments!

Eh, because there are more chinese ships going through there daily than the entire Korean fleet combined? And they dont all use chinese flags?
If you dont know the difference of inspecting a few hundre of ships and thousunds of ships, then i am not gonna bother explaining to you.

Such an eventuality will only happen when India has calculated the political price.

I have not talked about Chinese capabilities at all. Try to read my posts for once before you reply.

And the fact that you are stricken with fear is indicative of your dreaming what India will look like in the future!

Yah, I am shaking right now, only with laugh.

Tarry a while, imagine what China will be because of the One child policy - China will be a nation of old and doddering walking stick assisted population.

Right, one child policy is somehow relevant to an Indian blockade. Typical Ray logic.

As one can cull from the media and think tank reports from the US, Japan, India, Australia,Vietnam, Philippines et al, it appears that all are working towards challenging the growing bellicosity of China.

And based on the actions of the rest, China is still doing fine. 9 percent growth , 6 percent inflation and increased trade. You know, tangible assets. Not just some wannabe writer who have their own agendas.

Profits and Money may be the be all and end all of the Chinese mindset, but then it is not the same with others.

Aint you the one who are talking about Red Mao all the time. Profit and communism dont go hand in hand, does it?
So is it red China or capitalisme , make up your mind.

The Chinese media has cried shrilly that the US was leading the Asia Pacific nations in an attempt to 'contain' China.

Therefore, if there is a confrontation, they will all synergies their assets to ensure the sealanes to and from the Indian Ocean are denied to China.

Who are "they"? The media?

In such a situation, none will carry oil bound for China since, even if they want to, none will cover the insurance for their ship and cargo.
Sure, if and when US decided to do that. Open a new thread if you want to talk about US.
P.S this thread is about how Indian Navy conduct a blockade on China.
(I am not surprised that you didnt read the title. )

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Sure, if and when US decided to do that. Open a new thread if you want to talk about US.
P.S this thread is about how Indian Navy conduct a blockade on China.
So, this thread is about P.S this thread is about how Indian Navy conduct a blockade on China.
?

or is it

Seychelles invites China to set up anti-piracy base

ice berg

So, this thread is about P.S this thread is about how Indian Navy conduct a blockade on China.
?

or is it

Seychelles invites China to set up anti-piracy base
You tell me, you are the one bring up the US blockade. That is somehow relevant to
Seychelles invites China to set up anti-piracy base?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The bold sentences are the reply of Iceberg except who conveniently change tack to obfuscate and escape. Like your claiming I have not read the title of the thread and that it was about how Indian Navy will blockade on China!

Originally Posted by Ray View Post

If you say so.
I am not saying so.

It is known to anyone with even a modicum of knowledge of naval warfare, and even if not, at least those who know about strategy,

Those who claim to understand naval warfare as you and Tony are trying to portray should at least know that, rather than the lame "If you say so", to show the tiring of a Chinese cyberspace Mahan!

India is not US and China is not Cuba. (cant believe I have to explain even this....sigh)
You may not have to believe that you have to explain, since your knowledge of naval warfare is so apparent!

India in indeed not the US, nor is China, Cuba.

It is a cute attempt by you to obfuscate.

The discussion was on Naval tactics and blockades. And since you and Tony were so knowledgeably postulating on the issue of blockade at the Malacca Strait, I only commented that blockading a Strait is a Naval tactician's delight, and anyway, even a blockade in an open sea was feasible as was done at Cuba.

We were talking about an indian blockade. Now suddenly it is a US blockade? I know it is hard for you, Ray, but try to stick to one topic at a time.
And I was informing that India would not be blockading alone. It would be in tandem. It is not hard to stick to any topic, it is just that one has to catch slippery eels, who conveniently change tack to obfuscate and escape. Like your claiming I have not read the title of the thread and that it was about how Indian Navy will blockade on China!

Eh, because there are more chinese ships going through there daily than the entire Korean fleet combined? And they dont all use chinese flags?
If you dont know the difference of inspecting a few hundre of ships and thousunds of ships, then i am not gonna bother explaining to you.
How droll!

A thousand of Chinese ships going daily through the Straits of Malacca is your claim?!

Through the Malacca an average of 200 ships passes a day.

Of course you should not bother to explain anything since it is evident you do not understand much about seagoing traffic and the effect of a Strait.

The Strait of Malacca is a narrow, 805 km (500 mi) stretch of water.

The maximum size of a vessel that can make passage through the Strait is referred to as Malaccamax. The strait is not deep enough (at 25 metres or 82 feet) to permit some of the largest ships (mostly oil tankers) to use it. A ship that exceeds Malaccamax will typically use the Lombok Strait, Makassar Strait, Sibutu Passage and Mindoro Strait instead.

At Phillips Channel close to the south of Singapore, the Strait of Malacca narrows to 2.8 km (1.5 nautical miles) wide, creating one of the world's most significant traffic choke points

At its narrowest point in the Phillips Channel of the Singapore Strait, Malacca is only 1.7 miles wide creating a natural bottleneck, as well as potential for collisions, grounding, or oil spills.

I have not talked about Chinese capabilities at all. Try to read my posts for once before you reply.
I think you are totally consumed by ignorance.

Please be good enough to read my post before going bellicose through utter ignorance.

It was addressed as a reply to a poster called Tony.

Are you also Tony?

I would not be surprised!
\
False IPs and so on.

Yah, I am shaking right now, only with laugh.
Indeed you must be laughing!

Given the contention that India will became a breadbasket case and China will be saved is but a vision of a lunatic.

Lunatics I believe laugh without cause!

Right, one child policy is somehow relevant to an Indian blockade. Typical Ray logic.
I can't blame you from looking at the strategic aspects of a One child policy.

You have amply proved that strategy is beyond your capability and understanding.

And based on the actions of the rest, China is still doing fine. 9 percent growth , 6 percent inflation and increased trade. You know, tangible assets. Not just some wannabe writer who have their own agendas.
What is the connection?

Aint you the one who are talking about Red Mao all the time. Profit and communism dont go hand in hand, does it?
So is it red China or capitalisme , make up your mind.
Indeed capitalism and communism are not compatible.

But, you seem to have forgotten that I have always said the China is perpetuating a fraud by pretending to be Communist when in actuality it is filled with capitalistic greed!

It is time, not I who has to make up my mind, but China who is a master of hoax!

Who are "they"? The media?
No. It is the US led nations, who are containing China.

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles