Russia Supplies Offensive Weapons to China

Bheeshma

Maybe on planet Kolab SU-35 is superior to Rafale but on Earth Rafale will simply crush the Su-35. IAf just needs to get the Rafale and Tejas inducted in numbers and upgrade the MKI's to Super-30. The article is a marketing gimmick and nothing else. The RuN has refused to accept the Amur and people think its better than scorpene???

What happened the Joke-20/21 planes?? suddenly china wants Su-35 that IAF didn't want? What about the song and Yuan subs they were bragging about? Now back to russians for subs also.

satish007

You need to learn what is Super SU-30MKI and What is SU-35..

In my view with all the specs, Super SU-30MKI is better..
agree,
compare to Super 30 to SU-35 just like compare apple to orange.
Chinese never use heavy AV to be an air Air superiority.

satish007

The SU 35 will take off from Tibet. At such altitudes, the AC cannot takeoff with full complement of weapons and fuel, unlike ours which will take off from plains..
come on, sir, Tibet is not Himalayas, only around 3000m and we are not using Su35 to attack Goa or Chennai, Delhi is so close.
and we have more tactics because we are in higher battlefield.
we can feint with some Su35,Junk 11x, and use Thunder and F16 attack your asses after you Super su 30 take off.
we can also use F16 and Mirage attract your guys Super 30 and we Su-35 take care of your airfields...

anoop_mig25

Country flag
come on, sir, Tibet is not Himalayas, only around 3000m and we are not using Su35 to attack Goa or Chennai, Delhi is so close.
we can feint with some Su35,Junk 11x, and use Thunder and F16 attack your asses after you Super su 30 take off.
we can also use F16 and Mirage attract your guys Super 30 and we Su-35 take care of your airfields...
how are u going to use F-16 through , pakistan . i think they are constantly under guard of americans . that why indian is not buying offensive items from america

satish007

Add to that indegenious components and Israeli EW suite.
we also get Israeli, Italy, UK, France support, no mention we know everything on F16, they hard code many username password on F16 we also use them break into US Pentagon and get many tech.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
ONE question why didn`t russian fielded SUK-35 instead of MIG-35 in MMRCA race

DivineHeretic

Country flag
3000 metres is high enough to impact payload. The IAF airbase in Leh is located at 3500m above sea level, and two of the MMRCA contenders failed to get airborne without serious modifications. Even our AF AC cannot take off with full payload and fuel. That goes for the cargo planes too.

And about tactics, that is the weirdest analogy I've heard off for an AF. It certainly is true that ground forces at higher positions have the advantage and have more options, but I fail to comprehend how this applies to AF.

About the rest of the arguement, I cant make head or tail of it. SORRY?

arya

Country flag
what will reaction of force officer and govt ,, they will play blame game.

Officer will say govt did nothing while govt will say force didn't do there job..

And only dadbody will be remain .... A inquiry will be setup ....

Tell you future ..

DivineHeretic

Country flag
ONE question why didn`t russian fielded SUK-35 instead of MIG-35 in MMRCA race
MMRCA had a requirement of a medium AC with strict weight limit below 20 tons and MTOW 24 tons. In addition the AC was required to have a working AESA radar.

The Su35 was not even completed at the time of issuing of the tender, and most definately did not have AESA. Further it belonged to the heavy weight class as the SU30mki.

In any case, the su35 was offered to us several times, but the IAF calculated the SU30 is more or less capable as the 35.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Well Russians being businessman are playing the game, let them risk their fighter tech, Chinese are master of reverse. In the end it is Russians who will feel the heat.

satish007

3000 metres is high enough to impact payload. The IAF airbase in Leh is located at 3500m above sea level, and two of the MMRCA contenders failed to get airborne without serious modifications. Even our AF AC cannot take off with full payload and fuel. That goes for the cargo planes too.
you have a point.but it is not a problem at all if the lane is long enough, indeed hard to find a long enough places in mountainous area. but Tibet is so huge, we have had a few.
we have resolved the high altitude take-off issue on Su27 and other Junk xx, the reason is not in the hardware, but the software, Russian hard code something.
BTW, payload = oil + weapon, who say Su-35 must load full oil to attack Delhi and North India. can you guy attack Beijing with full payload Super 30?
you guys set all kinds of weird conditions to let France won the MMRCA competition which is not a secret.

Sam2012

Tihar Jail
Banned
you have a point.but it is not a problem at all if the lane is long enough, indeed hard to find a long enough places in mountainous area. but Tibet is so huge, we have had a few.
we have resolved the high altitude take-off issue on Su27 and other Junk xx, the reason is not in the hardware, but the software, Russian hard code something.
BTW, payload = oil + weapon, who say Su-35 must load full oil to attack Delhi and North India. can you guy attack Beijing with full payload Super 30?
you guys set all kinds of weird conditions to let France won the MMRCA competition which is not a secret.
See MMRCA were all Medium multirole fighter , Su-35 is Heavy Airdominance fighter . If i say Rafale is far superior & agile than Su-35 i will be the no-1 fool in whole world

If inducted China will have best flanker in Asia Su-35 , But we are going for Super 30-MKI which will be on par or superior to Su-35 more or else both aircrafts will join respective Airforces during same period

U can attack delhi using Airbase located in Tibet , Super-30 Reaching Beijing means it should be accompanied by tanker :thumb:

satish007

It certainly is true that ground forces at higher positions have the advantage and have more options, but I fail to comprehend how this applies to AF.
you are correct, but who say aerial warfare only involve AC, the ground to air, ground to airbase and 5000m+ altitude radars do not get the job done?
only disadvantage is pilots often feel dizzy in high altitude area and we are hiring more and more Tibetan pilots nothing can stop them unless India put Dala Lama to guard the airbase.

satish007

See MMRCA were all Medium multirole fighter , Su-35 is Heavy Airdominance fighter . If i say Rafale is far superior & agile than Su-35 i will be the no-1 fool in whole world

If inducted China will have best flanker in Asia Su-35 , But we are going for Super 30-MKI which will be on par or superior to Su-35 more or else both aircrafts will join respective Airforces during same period

U can attack delhi using Airbase located in Tibet , Super-30 Reaching Beijing means it should be accompanied by tanker :thumb:
understood, and you guys should ban most of Chinese talk about Su35 because they insisted Chinese will not give it a shit couple months ago.
in our culture, lose face means lose everything, I doubt why they have guts to login DFI and post any thread.

p2prada

Re: The dragon gets a bear hug

Su-35 is better than the Rafale? That is sure to leave some people red-faced, if true.
Yes, Su-35 exceeds the Rafale in every parameter. We do not know the EW capability of the Su-35, but it shouldn't really matter.

When LM said F-35 was superior to every 4th gen fighter out there, they had to use the word "western" along with it. So, every western 4th gen fighter out there. :p

Come on yaar China getting Su-35 means they have top Flanker in Asia now , & Amur Submarine is one of the best diesel Electric submarine

So what India is going to do about it is the question , with all budget cuts ?
Su-35 is indeed the best Flanker. But it will be quite sometime before they get it inducted in their services, especially if they planned for more than 24.

The MKIs upgrade will push it beyond the Su-35 as far as avionics are concerned. If a new engine is added, even an upthrust version of the current engine, then the MKI will exceed the Su-35 in quite a few parameters. Regardless, Su-35 is a better design when it comes to air superiority.

We already have the Scorpene project. Numbers may be pushed up to 9, maybe. We will have the P-75I project for 6 + 6 submarines that we can take up only after the Scorpene's are delivered. Beyond that we have our own indigenous program for 6 + 6 submarines on the drawing board.

The 4 Amurs shouldn't be a major headache for us.

Like the Su-35, the Amurs will be stationed against Japan and the US rather than India.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I am not advocating for Chinese, But there is no guarantee that latest Russian Arms will not be used against India, Even those modernize Kilos and copy cat kilos so does Updated J11 and the list goes on ..

p2prada

Did you guys notice that J-15 never underwent trials on a skiramp or on the deck but landed straight away on their aircraft Carrier.
I am not so sure that's true.

There are so many pictures of mock up ski ramps on land. I think the Chinese posters had posted pictures on this forum.

J-15 is same as SU-33. Who gave them this tech?
The Russians cancelled the Su-33 deal the minute J-15 took to the skies.

But China never has such problems. If you look at the chinese weapon Industry prior to 1995 and after that you will find that they suddenly got a strong momentum in R&D. Who provided that momentum?
I don't believe that is true. While we were license building aircraft, they already had a full fledged R&D program for aircraft. They even modified or developed new turbojet engines in the past.

It is simple, we started actual work on aircraft after the 80s, mainly in the 90s, they started in the 70s. Hence they are reaping the benefits of their research today, while we will see the same in a few years from now, when the LCA Mk2 is inducted. I have no problems saying the Chinese R&D industry is ahead of India's. This is no different from what both DRDO and ISRO have said when compared to China.

The Chinese R&D industry is vast and they have money. They have multiple teams working on one requirement.

The Chinese AVIC recently purchased an American engine company which designed the engine for which a variant was used in the Merkava tank.

The Americans and the Israelis were the ones who pushed them forward, the Russians only sold license production capability. Lockheed Martin was involved in the J-10 project, so was IAI. JF-17 saw Lockheed Martin involvement until they withdrew in 1989, which was in turn resurrected with Pakistani interest.

It was really with American and Israeli help that the Chinese R&D capability actually took off.

While the Americans were helping the Chinese, with both aircraft design and engine technology, they were helping the Japanese and South Koreans make their own fighters. I don't see the Japanese saying the same about the Americans.

Russia has been doing it for a long long time and we Indians are fools to have trusted russians.
I don't get your point. You have a blind hatred towards Russia. Other countries are no different. Chinese ships use French and Ukranian engines.

It also works the other way round. It was China which resurrected and paid for the Su-30MKK. Flankers had this nasty drop in G when flying between mach 0.7 - 0.9. The Su-30MKK saw FBW changes that negated this anomaly. The MKIs benefited from this.

Now that China is paying for Amur submarines, whatever new developments are made over the years using Chinese money can be applied to Indian Amurs, in case we go for these for the P-75I.

Before India even thought of Phalcons AWACS, it was the Chinese who were offered the A-50 with Phalcons by both the Russians and the Israelis. After the Americans stopped the sale, only the IL-76 platforms were sold to China which later became the basis for the KJ-2000 with a Chinese made AESA which was derived from the radar on Type 052C destroyer. Whatever R&D Israel and Russia had worked on for the Phalcons with the Chinese was later transferred to India.

So, you see it has been of mutual benefit for both sides. We had the advantage in some cases and they had the same in some.

I will be least surprised if we suddenly find that PLAAF AAMs supplied to PAF are actually same as our missiles. Russians have made a great game of selling tech to china developed from Indian JV money and weapons to us at our expense. We must dump these bloody russians asap.
Agat supplied older seekers for both Astra and the Chinese PL-12.

If we dump the Russians, then more than half our military will stop functioning.

France and Israel cannot really help us in many projects.

If we turn to the US, we will become their bitch, like half the world already is.

ice berg

Many good points. It is nice to read some unbiased opinion on DFI from time to time. :thumb:

satish007

I am not advocating for Chinese, But there is no guarantee that latest Russian Arms will not be used against India, Even those modernize Kilos and copy cat kilos so does Updated J11 and the list goes on ..
can not agree more, weapon is weapon, a few hours they can be deployed to anywhere.
But my opinion is , not offend, Indian still have not caused Chinese enough attention,
Pakistan and money(weapon from Russia) will do the jobs.
Most tough enemies from east and Taiwan island is million times important than those taken by India.
once we get Taiwan, it will be time to talk about T50 and J20.

satish007

Many good points. It is nice to read some unbiased opinion on DFI from time to time. :thumb:
if Chinese accept Russia weapon still better than Chinese and Chinese fourmers have enough humility, they will always like that

Global Defence

New threads

Articles